Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

#bluepoopsmatter

WHIP!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/child-found-loaded-gun-john-boehner-bathroom-report-article-1.2206403

quote:

According to a probe by the Capitol Police Board obtained by Roll Call, a child visiting the Capitol in March found a loaded gun in a bathroom in House Speaker's John Boehner's suite.

It was among at least three instances of Congress' keystone cops leaving weapons in "problematic places," according to the oversight group’s report.

In January, a member of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's security detail left a Glock in a Capitol Visitor Center bathroom, with the magazine removed but stuffed inside a toilet seat cover holder.

A startling picture shows where the gun was left in plain sight inside the stall.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's security detail were involved in another of the three documented blunders.
CHIP SOMODEVILLA/GETTY IMAGES
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's security detail were involved in another of the three documented blunders.
The officer in that case was suspended for six days without pay.

Another handgun was found by a janitor in "plain sight" at the Capitol Police headquarters on April 16, according to the website.

The Capitol Police are an independent police force charged with protecting the Capitol and the surrounding neighborhood.

The April incident happened one day after a Florida man landed a gyrocopter on the Capitol lawn — a security breach that has the Capitol Police and Secret Service in hot water.

Two of the incidents were at the U.S. Capitol while a third was at Capitol Police headquarters in April.
STEFAN ZAKLIN/GETTY IMAGES
Two of the incidents were at the U.S. Capitol while a third was at Capitol Police headquarters in April.
Gun control groups seized on the new report of gun incidents, arguing it’s part of a worrying trend of careless adults leaving unsecured guns where children find them.

"It's a problem we see in headlines across the country when a child unintentionally shoots themselves, a sibling or a playmate," said Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for Everytown USA, a gun control group funded by former Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

In the incident in Boehner's suite, a child aged 7 or 8 was visiting the building when he discovered the Glock, which has no safety and will fire if the trigger is pulled. A member of the security detail for Boehner, an Ohio Republican, had left the loaded gun behind, Roll Call said.

"The Department takes very seriously all breaches of Department rules and has established policies that address such matters," Lt. Kimberly Schneider, a Capitol Police spokeswoman, said in a statement.

In all three instances, members of law enforcement left behind Glock pistols.
JOE RAEDLE/GETTY IMAGES
In all three instances, members of law enforcement left behind Glock pistols.
Schneider said that while the department does not discuss internal personnel matters, termination of employment is among potential penalties.

Boehner's office referred questions to the Capitol Police.

The March and April incidents remain under investigation and punishment has yet to be meted out, according to Roll Call.

Dan Friedman is reporting from Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Branis posted:

can you ever really represent the deaths head and 1488 ironically though?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grem posted:

No I'm a nerd and thinks it smells gross, I abuse prescription pain killers like all the other responsible adults.

this x100. People think I'm weird cause I enjoy having dental appointments,like, what, it is my spa day. Followed by two weeks of glowing Christmastime.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Is banging out an ER nurse worth two dispatchers or three? Is the exchange rate stable?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dear copgoons serious question: are you less likely to make traffic stops in heavy rain?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Who hosed up and didn't search this rear end in a top hat?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0P00QU20150621

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

From what the BBC has been telling me for the last 36 hours, before the end of his 2nd term, Obama is going to use the constitution as a wank-rag, take away every weapon more deadly than a nerf gun, dig up Charlton Heston and gently caress his corpse at the next NRA convention, decorate the senate with Diarrhea and ISIS flags, turn Congress in to a lodging house for Syrian tourists and pay reparations for slavery to every Kenyan national in the gold bullion that he has stolen from fort Knox.

Come back to me in 18 months and tell me you can buy pepper spray at Amazon you smart mouthed yank bastards.

Holy poo poo. What's the daily mail's take?

• Locked thread