Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
Yeah, the trick to not testifying in court is not arresting anybody. Also, never become the only Intoximeter operator for the shift or you will get called in on your day off by rear end in a top hat lawyers who don't have any questions for you, they just want to see if you are going to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Cole posted:

isn't this why a bunch of people will elect to go to court? just in hopes that the officer won't show?

I have to go to court if they request me because I will get written up otherwise. There are a couple of defense attorneys who will specifically ask for the intox operator to show up even though they have no questions for me. They are supposed to get punished for this but they don't. The problem with this is that I don't get called in on my court date, when I have to work that night, but on the court date for the arresting officer, which quite often is my day off.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

they have different ranges depending on the cartridge but somewhere between 15 and 35 feet. I think most departments use the 25 foot cartridge.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

There is a good chance the DUI, especially with the other charges will make things difficult for you. It was 10 years ago though, you've grown up since then. You've still probably got a shot.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I take get my policing tips from SVU, personally.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

For once I want to respond to a call reporting 50-100 people fighting and actually find 50-100 people fighting.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I just don't carry handcuffs. Let the FNG arrest them.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoYF5BvUvHo

thank you for being under protest.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

and god help you if the handler is incapacitated in any way

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

lol if you think you still aren't a rookie

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

We only get chevy blazers :(

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Maybe, but I'm also more likely to write tickets for the stupid poo poo I see in the rain

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Incorrect. Mine leaves every day to pick up his half priced chick fil a

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

It's don't ask don't tell

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Just go in there open carrying wearing one of those retarded concealed carry holder badges

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I'm a garbageman

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

:(

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I would blame the FTO for driving the loving car until they were two loving feet away personally.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Hezzy posted:

Whenever I see more than 10 posts in this thread I always wonder "Who have the American cops shot now?"

yeah but this was like 3 years ago

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I know ones exist that go under your shirt, but you have to cut holes in your shirt.

Do you have an external vest or internal?

I've heard good things from the blackhawk if you want to go over your shirt / under your vest.

Other than that I dont know.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

My fat is a retention device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

I've been pepper sprayed twice for each of my jobs. I hope I never go through it again. The second time was the worst because it was in the summer and the instructor made sure you got a good amount of it on you before you did the whole circuit thing.

The worst part for me was the workout they made us do a couple hours afterwards. I would do like 3 pushups before I had to roll around in the grass to cool my face off again. I think that I sweated most of it off during the workout though because the shower wasn't as bad afterwards.

• Locked thread