Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Some bugger decided to jump infront of a train thismorning in North London and my 1 1/2 hour journey to work therefore took 5 hours. Due to this I finished a half day at work at 9:20pm and have only just managed to find my lovely hotel and get some food.
45 mins of drinking time left now to improve my day before a long catch up day tomorrow.
I am in Elephant and Castle in London and it appears to be a shithole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CommieGIR posted:

Cattesnake?

I used to have a couple of catsnakes... :3:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Im getting into a pretty serious hotdog habit

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Dogter Seuss

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

NitroSpazzz posted:

edit: dog

Parents and dog stopped in Salt Lake to visit me on their way to California for a dog show. He's awesome.

Wait wait, is there another Salt Lake besides the one in Utah?

vvv E: I only bring it up because I am a Salt Lake local and haven't met any other AI goons besides one :tinfoil: vvv

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 1, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
There are probably a ton of Salt Lakes but Salt Lake is on the way to California.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

Tomarse posted:

Some bugger decided to jump infront of a train thismorning in North London and my 1 1/2 hour journey to work therefore took 5 hours. Due to this I finished a half day at work at 9:20pm and have only just managed to find my lovely hotel and get some food.
45 mins of drinking time left now to improve my day before a long catch up day tomorrow.
I am in Elephant and Castle in London and it appears to be a shithole.

Ade Edmondson agrees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhrw2Vvigmk

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seat Safety Switch posted:

AI should really like Corgis because they're a slammed dog that's built for cornering.

Oh HELL NO, corgis don't have the proper leg compliance and as a result they handle like poo poo. Your basic corgi is the AI equivalent of hardparked / stanced / hellaflushed and should be avoided at all costs. I've long made it a study to define animal handling and I can tell you now that if you want a good handling dog, you want a Border Collie. They have magnificent handling and much like the LS1, are good for crossbreeding to produce hybrids like the Kelpie. They also are wonderfully compliant so they will go over random obstacles like gravel roads, fields, cattle grates, sheep and fences with equal ease. You know, pretty much like a EVO. They also have really good steering geometry so they can dig in and change direction due to the castor changes and leg joint king pin angles. A Border Collie over and above that has fantastic weight shift

They are quite reliable to their owners, needing not much maintenance other than a good run, social interaction and feeding, the interface is friendly and intelligent.

Basically a Border Collie is a Subaru Forester XT 2004 model. Fast, reliable, good handling, awesome off road, hard working and a pleasure to own and can be modified with some good training to be even better. A Kelpie is the WRX Spec C of the dog world - lighter weight, more tempremental but just about unbeatable in it's rallying / working ability.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Shut up corgis own.

I like my pets lowered and my cars functional:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Going to be moving to a rental property the weekend after Easter, gonna have to give my 16 year old cat to my mum to look after (well, it was her's originally). Gonna miss that old whinging fleabag

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My border collie is a loving retard who runs into verandah posts and corners of the house that have been there since HE WAS 3 MONTHS OLD - hes now 4. Gets rings run around him by the little miniature Dachshund.

Our kelpies were far better handling animals, and by GOD can they jump- 1200mm high barbed wire fence? No worries. Except the day the last one hosed it up and snagged his balls on the barbed wire.. that was an awkward trip to the vets.

Tho the first 4-6yrs of kelpie ownership is a trip down the batshit insane rabbit hole... hope your not too attached to your garden!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tusen Takk posted:

Do any of you guys still play BF4?

A little on XB or XBone. Mainly switched to BF: Hardline on the 'Bone, because that's what my friends are playing.
I'm trying to get them to play the Hotwire game type, where it's Conquest, basically, where you hole positions, but the positions to hold are cars, and you can't capture them unless they're moving at speed. That was the funnest game type in the beta. they made the cars sound pretty good too, at least the sports sedan and the musclecar. Basically sound like CTS-V and Challenger, respectively.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cat Terrist posted:

I've long made it a study to define animal handling and I can tell you now that if you want a good handling dog, you want a Border Collie.
Paging Goatse Guy. I don't think CT realises how loving rapid Jack Russells (and similar) are. They're the short-stroke, high-rev, VTEC-yo of the dog world.

Border Collies are easlily remapped for a good response to control inputs, but sometimes you don't want to be waiting around for a full-size canine to spool, you need that treat-based anti-lag out the gate. Halfway through a wet kale field before you can say "Oh for gently caress's sake, now the car interior's going to stink for a week".

Small dogs that think they're big dogs kick rear end (and bite ankles) all day long.

Also springer spaniels. Stupidest smart dogs in existence, and awesome for it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Slow is Fast posted:

Shut up corgis own.

I like my pets lowered and my cars functional:

Look at this n00b, doesn't know Corgis are like any UK animals are prone to sudden inexplicable breakdowns, coat and skin shedding at any hint of water and bursting into flames when their nervous system shorts out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Darchangel posted:

A little on XB or XBone. Mainly switched to BF: Hardline on the 'Bone, because that's what my friends are playing.
I'm trying to get them to play the Hotwire game type, where it's Conquest, basically, where you hole positions, but the positions to hold are cars, and you can't capture them unless they're moving at speed. That was the funnest game type in the beta. they made the cars sound pretty good too, at least the sports sedan and the musclecar. Basically sound like CTS-V and Challenger, respectively.

Having watched my roomie play, gotta agree, Hotwire owns and the cars sound seriously wicked. It's especially hilarious when you take control of the tanker and just plow through everyone who gets in your way :v:

e:

Also, this happened. gently caress I love the DLC cars :allears:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
PC gaming master race!

That and Kerbal Space Program just isn't really playable on console

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

PC gaming master race!

That and Kerbal Space Program just isn't really playable on console

How are you enjoying GTA 5? :smuggo:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

Only two weeks to go! :negative:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Only two weeks to go! :negative:

Just because it has a release date in april doesn't mean it's coming out in april. Remember march? or january? or november?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Thats not an RPG or RTS. Blasphemy!

I was never big on GTA, really. I did enjoy Wolfenstein New Order, however and am looking foreward to the prequel!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

Just because it has a release date in april doesn't mean it's coming out in april. Remember march? or january? or november?

Shhhh. I can hope, damnit. I've had it pre-ordered since late January.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'll probably wait until my PSN plus sub runs out and then grab it and move over there. a lot of the heist stuff is completely impossible with pubbies, although i would expect PC pubbies are less likely to literlly be 5 year olds

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Powershift posted:

I'll probably wait until my PSN plus sub runs out and then grab it and move over there. a lot of the heist stuff is completely impossible with pubbies, although i would expect PC pubbies are less likely to literlly be 5 year olds

Don't worry, they're 13 instead.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

loving up your missions because their computer only runs the game at 14 FPS :argh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

Puberty, woo hoo!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If I wanted to interact with other people, I wouldn't be playing loving video games.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

If I wanted to interact with other people, I wouldn't be playing loving video games.

ArmA is fun, if you want to interract with drunk Russians and Europeans.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

JFC, why is it so hard to find an aftermarket replacement seat bracket for an XJ? They're a known point of lovely Chrysler manufacture.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Just as my dog (who was a Phoenix stray) was getting used to going outside in the rain now that we're in Seattle it loving hails on us for like 30 seconds, she was not impressed.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

CommieGIR posted:

ArmA is fun, if you want to interract with drunk Russians and Europeans.

I think flying around in the AN-2 is the best part of Arma.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone know of any lower lumbar support back braces where I can still use a belt on the outside to hang my tool pouches off of?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Quite A Tool posted:

Just as my dog (who was a Phoenix stray) was getting used to going outside in the rain now that we're in Seattle it loving hails on us for like 30 seconds, she was not impressed.

Did it happen again today?? Or yesterday?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fucker Now it's really going to fail though.

Now I want a goofy little car you rear end. This thing popped up on BringATrailer...

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/honda-city-turbo-ii.html

I just saw it on Facebook and I want it more than any new car on the market. It's just so loving cute.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Liquid Communism posted:

JFC, why is it so hard to find an aftermarket replacement seat bracket for an XJ? They're a known point of lovely Chrysler manufacture.

AFAIK it's the actual seat frame not the bracket. A couple friends of mine who are north of 400lbs break an XJ seat frame every few years.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That'd be nice, I can fix that pretty easily. But the feet of my bracket are suffering from the result of being on the floor in salt country, and while I can't tear the fucker off because I have to drive it to work tonight, what I can see without doing so looks like a cracked weld in the right rear of the seat bracket. :smith:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I just saw it on Facebook and I want it more than any new car on the market. It's just so loving cute.

Not just cute but can be persuaded to go indecently fast up to the point that the recycled tin cans it's made from can be torn apart and the front chassis rails seperate from the rest of the car.

I'm not joking on that one. The City is a ridiculously light car made from very light metals and you turn the boost up they are stupid quick BUT the chassis is literally torn apart. A stupid amount of fun tho before that happens. I'd hate to be in a crash with one.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Quite A Tool posted:

I nerd out on some battlefield on the PS4. They really need to just remake Bad Company 2 so me and my buddy Carl can knock down some more choppers.

Hell yeah buddy. I can't believe they haven't remade White Pass in any of the newer games.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Today someone asked me if they should pour a gallon of lacquer thinner into their gas tank as a way to clean their catalytic converter and injectors. It wasn't an april fools joke. :(

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Wait wait, is there another Salt Lake besides the one in Utah?
I was just out there for a week for an install. Will be back late May I think.

Cat Terrist posted:

:words:A Kelpie is the WRX Spec C of the dog world:words:
This wonderful post is being forwarded to my Mom and all her crazy dog show friends. :bravo: well done. I also kind of want a Kelpie now, I didn't know they existed before now.

T1g4h posted:

Also, this happened. gently caress I love the DLC cars :allears:
I also didn't know I needed this game :argh:

Margaritas on a patio was a very good idea. Great way to kill a few hours and she seemed like she had fun. But yup still terrible at this poo poo :bang:

Get home and brother is tearing off the front fender of his car because his window switch wire broke. I convinced him to just pop the door card off and roll it up, save the fender for this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

CornHolio posted:

Hell yeah buddy. I can't believe they haven't remade White Pass in any of the newer games.

Was that the snow one with the oil pipelines and the last point up on a hill? That one was badass.

CharlesM posted:

Did it happen again today?? Or yesterday?

This was today, it only lasted for about a minute and was BB sized, nothing too crazy.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread