Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

They may have, the name sounds familiar. I know you used to not be able to buy liquor until like 1p on Sundays but now you can at 9a or whatever, and last call is at 2a or 3a, I'm pretty sure it's 2a since one time I went to the store at 1:58a and the lady at the register was giving me a hard time about it

Have you been drinking more because the Red Wings are done :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CharlesM posted:

Do what IOC does and use a TI89?

This is an accurate post.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is an accurate post.

Very. We have an 83+, 86, and 89Ti.

Also, cat related AI!

Barnum with his sister Bailey.

Plus bonus drug use!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

El Jebus posted:

Very. We have an 83+, 86, and 89Ti.

Also, cat related AI!

Barnum with his sister Bailey.

Plus bonus drug use!

Is that this?

Fakedit: Yes, my cat rolls on wide 20s in the rear and 16 inch skinnies up front.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Sigma X posted:

Is that this?

I do believe so, yes. Both of them.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Guys, are we still talking about poor purchasing decisions? Because here in a few weeks after I take care of my bills I think i'm gonna drop $400 on a GTX 970 and 8GB of RAM :3:

GtaV tempted me to do the same by not only dropping dime on the game, but a new rig to play it. The adult Wally J decided I care more about expensive whiskey and other adulterants these days. Plus I'm trying to teach myself solid works so I can make car parts at work, and I can't imagine how many hours would disappear if I built a new system.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 30, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

Have you been drinking more because the Red Wings are done :smug:

If i had the money to drink right now then I would be very drunk :saddowns:

luckily the Bolts have always been my 2nd favourite team thanks to Captain Stevie so either way. I dont think the Bolts are going to go very far with Bishop, though.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Wally Joyner posted:

GtaV tempted me to do the same by not only dropping dime on the game, but a new rig to play it. The adult Wally J decided I care more about expensive whiskey and other adulterants these days. Plus I'm trying to teach myself solid works so I can make car parts at work, and I can't imagine how many hours would disappear if I built a new system.
Congrats on being an adult and making grown up level decisions.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
gently caress moving. My fiancee just finished moving the last crap out of the garage. She is awesome.

I'm going to turn the keys in for my old place tonight before I see Age of Ultron. :coolfish:

Right now I'm working on a stupid training course that has to be done for ~management~ reasons, nothing to do with need but because someone said so instead of anything relevant. The place I work has too many chiefs.

Don't want to keep waiting on driveshaft for my stupid car project, which I will post about once I have it back. 155hp from a FWD Mazda is boooorrrriiiiing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wally Joyner posted:

a new rig would help with Solidworks :3:

I interviewed with the company that develops solidworks this week, they're going to let me know if I got the internship in a week or two

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I budget upgraded from a C2D to a C2Q from oxbrain (thanks again!) a short time ago. A new rig would do swell but I can't justify it when my old beast is still getting it done. Thanks for being my enabler, though :3: Ill remember who to direct all my solidworks questions to, as well.

ilkhan posted:

Congrats on being an adult and making grown up level decisions.

Having a conscious is rough sometimes but it's impossible to be rid of so I might as well live with it. Not sure how everyone else manages.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 30, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
life is hard. its even harder if youre dumb.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Wrar posted:

gently caress moving. My fiancee just finished moving the last crap out of the garage. She is awesome.

I bought and moved into my house 8 years ago and this last week or so I have just sorted out some boxes of poo poo that I dumped in my loft when I moved and that haven't moved since. Have binned a lot but ebayed some and am £100 up so far :) £50 of which is going on a parking fine I managed to get 2 weeks ago :(

Wally Joyner posted:

I bought a new CPU, mobo and RAM for GTA V as my old one was 5 years old. Not only has it made GTA awesome but my PC is now much better for using for work....

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
You're all enablers.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Wally Joyner posted:

You're all enablers.

I mean, have you seen how the game looks at 4k res on Ultra? It's gorgeous. That alone sells me on upgrading so I can at least do 1080p / Ultra :v:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Wally Joyner posted:

You're all enablers.

Not me, I dig my computers out of the trash. Got a 1,1 MacBook Air (ugh, it's like steam powered though), a MINT Thinkpad (Core solo though, runs Linux pretty good) a Compaq something-or-other (AMD, fixed it up, gave it to a friend who had no computer) and just now rescued a Dell Studio 1537 out of the trash. Dude before me stickerbombed it and tore out the ram and HDD before chucking it, but I had those lying around. Gonna make a media PC out of this one I think, since it comes with HDMI out.

My main Trashtop is a Dell i7 with 8gig of ram (!!) some guy threw away because the battery went bad and the hard drive was fubar. New HDD and it's good as new. Maybe one day I'll get a new battery for it, but for now it lives on my desk.

Oh, also have a 1,1 Mac Pro that's running Win10 boot camped. It uses a STUPID amount of electricity though, so it's off while I decide what to do with it.

beep-beep car is go fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 30, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just heard back from Dassault: I got the internship :getin:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Tusen Takk posted:

Congrats!! You should celebrate with some wintergreen-flavored vaping!!! :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Midniter posted:

:(

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Tusen Takk posted:

As in this Dassault?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tusen Takk posted:

poo poo nice work, that should be a good internship.

Got the sim all setup in the garage then realized I need an internet connection to even launch iRacing :argh: Thing is too drat heavy to drag over to the attached garage and 3G is too lovely at my parents house to run it through my phone. Oh well I got it setup and labelled all the cables so it will be easy next time. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it in the E36 'cockpit' which is filthy, large and heavy. Might pull everything out and box it up then ship it to my house. Should be easy enough to weld together a basic frame.

Didn't really think of it while buying it or until ~30 seconds ago but now I have a fairly decent gaming rig. Runs iRacing steady limited at 100fps supposedly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Midniter posted:

Diiiiiiiiiiick.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MrChips posted:

As in this Dassault?

Dassault Systemes, they make Catia and Solidworks

edit: thanks guys! their headquarters are two miles from my house so it'll be a nice drive to work :3:

downside is that in order to have insurance I have to keep working nights and weekends at Apple, which means 60hr weeks ahoyyyy

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

poo poo nice work, that should be a good internship.

Got the sim all setup in the garage then realized I need an internet connection to even launch iRacing :argh: Thing is too drat heavy to drag over to the attached garage and 3G is too lovely at my parents house to run it through my phone. Oh well I got it setup and labelled all the cables so it will be easy next time. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it in the E36 'cockpit' which is filthy, large and heavy. Might pull everything out and box it up then ship it to my house. Should be easy enough to weld together a basic frame.

Didn't really think of it while buying it or until ~30 seconds ago but now I have a fairly decent gaming rig. Runs iRacing steady limited at 100fps supposedly.
Iracing is rad but its based on a 2003 nascar game isn't it? Not the best game to show off your new rig with. :v:

Install one of the earlier Dirt games if you can find it for $5 or so, their cockpit view is really fun and sounds awesome.

What kind of speakers you got? 5.1 I hope.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cage posted:

Iracing is rad but its based on a 2003 nascar game isn't it? Not the best game to show off your new rig with. :v:

Install one of the earlier Dirt games if you can find it for $5 or so, their cockpit view is really fun and sounds awesome.

What kind of speakers you got? 5.1 I hope.

I'll be throwing Steam on it and have a few games on my wishlist for the next sale. Played LFS a bit years ago, likely reinstall that. Sound is a basic 3.1 setup for now but that's easily fixed.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 30, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Midniter posted:

loving harsh, dude.

Tusen Takk posted:

edit: thanks guys! their headquarters are two miles from my house so it'll be a nice drive to work :3:

Grats, TT. Now get your rear end over to YLLS, get a bike and bike to work. No excuses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gearing up for a busy as poo poo weekend, gonna put in 30 hours over the next 3 days. 24 of them on Friday and Saturday alone. And I'm already at 20 for the week. Weeeeee overtime!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

loving harsh, dude.

Grats, TT. Now get your rear end over to YLLS, get a bike and bike to work. No excuses.

I was thinking about this, I'm gonna wait and see what the dress code is and how much time I'll have between working there and Apple since quitting time there will give me an hour to get 20 miles to Apple in rush hour.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Biking to work is overrated, scoots and motorcycles are better :colbert:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
facebook messenger is stripping out imgur links lol

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll be throwing Steam on it and have a few games on my wishlist for the next sale. Played LFS a bit years ago, likely reinstall that. Sound is a basic 3.1 setup for now but that's easily fixed.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z506-5-1-surround-sound-speakers-6-piece-black/1215025.p?id=1218236333141&skuId=1215025

On sale. :getin:

edit: congrats TT!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Continuing on with gently caress-NC-for-liquor chat, look what arrived today:

Swedish single-pot single-malt whisky to feed my ever-growing whisky fetish.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Phone posted:

facebook messenger is stripping out imgur links lol

It also defaults to showing your location so anyone you talk to can click on your message and see your exact location per message... I didn't even realize until I accidentally pressed on the screen and saw a map pop up.

One Weird Trick jealous girlfriends everywhere don't want you to know!!1!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sigma X posted:

Continuing on with gently caress-NC-for-liquor chat, look what arrived today:

Swedish single-pot single-malt whisky to feed my ever-growing whisky fetish.

The ABC Store system doesn't really suck that bad. Think about it this way, we still have vinegar based BBQ.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Phone posted:

The ABC Store system doesn't really suck that bad. Think about it this way, we still have vinegar based BBQ.

I moved to NC from Maryland two years ago, and while there are many upsides to living in NC when compared to MD, it still tweaks my nipples that I can't go 5 minutes down the street to pick up anything I'd like from a selection of 1800 liquors, 2400 wines, 2500 beers, and 170 non-alcoholic drinks from around the world like I could up there. When a state board has to approve every liquor product sold in the state-approved stores, you don't get quite the variety you do at a regular, comparatively unregulated specialty shop.

On the other hand, you can pick up beer and crappy wine from most any grocery store, so there's that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

I've been to their facility in Charlotte and it was ok, but man do I ever hate DELMIA. I'm not sure if many companies use it though.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Re: job chat, got a call back this morning from a company I interviewed with on Monday for a network administrator position, they want me to come in for a second interview with their VP of operations next week.

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig, they do outsourced IT work for schools and said several times during the initial interview that a lot of my days would be working from home and they want to bring someone on board, get them up to speed and put them in charge of a team supporting a new client (sounds like a new charter school - said they have 12 locations across the state.)

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I got promoted to manager of our business development center at work. I'm excited about the pay raise and the new responsibilities, but I'm more excited about never having to work past 6 pm.

Catte chat: I went to go check out some dogs at the humane society yesterday, but after considering how much of a pain in the rear end Harry is around other dogs, I've decided to get some cats to keep him occupied instead.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Gearing up for a busy as poo poo weekend, gonna put in 30 hours over the next 3 days. 24 of them on Friday and Saturday alone. And I'm already at 20 for the week. Weeeeee overtime!

I would love to see a weak under 50 hours. This month alone I am at 180 hours total time on duty.... and I had vacation till the 7th. And there is no trains. I don't understand. This is the slow time of year and yet my days have been way loving longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

goatse guy posted:

I got promoted to manager of our business development center at work. I'm excited about the pay raise and the new responsibilities, but I'm more excited about never having to work past 6 pm.

Catte chat: I went to go check out some dogs at the humane society yesterday, but after considering how much of a pain in the rear end Harry is around other dogs, I've decided to get some cats to keep him occupied instead.

Congrats! That's great news :)

• Locked thread