Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

They covered material from just about the greatest hits list from every album, off the top my head I remember Black Mass which the live version they did actually ripped so much better than the studio recording, Saturns Children, Dopethrone and Wierd Tales back to back, Barbarian, it goes on. Total stage time playing was almost 2 hours straight through on th dot without really a whole lot of crowdwork, pretty much hey seattle its time to die and then just ripping through one song and straight into the next. Every single song was played hard and tight, covered just about loving everything. Band called Satan's Satyrs absolutely blew the doors off the place with their opening act and honestly at almost any other time they'd have stolen the show they were that good but holy loving poo poo Wizard absolutely SLAUGHTERED IT tonight. Equipment diallled dead nuts in, multiple on the fly tuning changes between various song blocks, you could actually still make out the tonal differences between albums and not just suffer from what some bands do and kind of whitewash earlier material with whatever their current sound requires

I now have two tickets hangin on my wall. The first and until last night only one that meant enough to save was my Tool ticket in 2006 when they sold out the Oakland Colliseum and I got to hear what 20,000 people singing Aenema sounds like. And now I have this shows ticket next to it. I honestly couldnt have thought of a way to improve it at all. Smaller Venue, and it sold out wo fast that the loving posters printed to hang in the upcoming shows poster cases were preprinted with sold out next to the date already. Street prices for tickets people were getting off scalpers averaged between $150-200 that I saw, picked up a shirt that has a round logo on the front and the rear says:

LEGALIZE

DRUGS

&

MURDER

And they ended with Funeralopolis.

This sounds awesome. When the gain ramps up on the intro riff to Funeralopolis :allears: I love hearing those kinds of transitions live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I found out the idiot way that fix a flat royally fucks up tire balance on the highway so I took my car over to Discount Tire to see if they could balance it out. They took the tire off the wheel, cleaned out the fix a flat and the bead so it sealed properly, balanced all four and charged me 20 bucks. The guy even told me if I come back he'd just charge me the difference between a one time balance and a lifetime balance if I wanted it.

Can't say enough good things about those dudes really.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

The only gripe I've ever had about Discount is that their pricing used to be a lot higher than Tirerack, but they've been much more aggressive the past few years. By the time you add in shipping and mounting, the only reason I have to go anywhere but Discount is if I really want a tire they don't carry at all.

There's a reason every single Discount in metro Phoenix has a line at the counter, all day every day.

I bought tires off Tire Rack and took them to Discount Tire to get mounted. The guy asked me why I did that since Discount Tire would have price matched the online price anyway and I felt like an idiot and then we awkwardly held hands and I think we're dating now and that's my story about Discount Tire.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Cakefool posted:

The dog isn't hurt and isn't in the slightest bit scared of me, geez it was a nudge not a kick. I'll just lie here with my bad back then.

If you haven't figured out that AI is Pet Island 2 : Electric Boogaloo by now I dunno what to say. Don't beat your dog up over it just wanting to play. Dog brains aren't logical and malicious. They're not cats for god's sake.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Cakefool posted:

I literally suffocate helpless animals

YOU PIECE OF poo poo

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

opengl128 posted:

Finally got the rest of the vehicles over to the new house. I would've liked a bigger garage, but for a one car its pretty drat roomy.

Nice SV. GSXR front swap?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Until you meet the kids riding them.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

You mean overly obese guys?

All the expense of owning a motorcycle with none of the fun or utility! There's a group here that rides the same roads we do outside of town ... except they roll out there at like 40mph.

I mean some of them seem alright and I support whatever crazy rear end motorcycle-related activities you wanna do but nothing about that sounds fun to me. Spending 3g's on a ruckus just to drop at least a thousand more into a Yosh exhaust and extended swingarm and stretched tires and gently caress just buy a real motorcycle and go have some fun.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I'd like a Ruckus, but I can't justify the cost for what you get. It should be a lot cheaper than it is.

Don't forget to budget in for the replacement engine from a Yamaha scooter. Then you can hit 50mph!

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

88h88 posted:

It's not always about going fast. Look at the ridiculous amount of Vespa/Lambretta owners that use them on the weekend to go hundreds of miles and invariably have them break down. It's fun to just tootle around on the streets with your friends. Yeah if you want fast then you'd be dumb as hell to buy a Ruckus but they're completely different markets. That and they make more sense in Japan/Europe than the US because your roads are mostly boring as poo poo.

They make more sense in Europe and Japan owing to the crazy licensing structure there, sure. I don't really trust most of the kids doing the mods to be honest; I never like to see tires stretched to their limit on any vehicle.

If that means I see less kids parking these things at 40mph in the turns that we do have, that's ok. As I said in my original post, I understand customizing awkward/unusual bikes is what some people enjoy however it's just not for me. Essentially CommieGIR summed it up by saying they're a lot of money for the return, like most vehicular hobbies.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Holy gently caress I took too many drug last night. Coffee by the gallon trying to stay away. Still feel a little hosed up. Gonna be a long day.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Felt seriously ill on the way back from lunch. Blew chunks all over the job site. Went home. Pulled over twice on the highway and also barfed as soon I got home. What the gently caress!?

Yeah I dunno man.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

April 1~~~Guys I just dropped my whole paycheck on shiny coins and some dank

April 20 ~~ LOL I'm so hosed up

April 21 ~~ I feel so lovely today what's up with this? It literally does not make sense and I can't even

April 30 ~~ drat I'm broke I don't get it

AI : The Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Phone posted:

facebook messenger is stripping out imgur links lol

It also defaults to showing your location so anyone you talk to can click on your message and see your exact location per message... I didn't even realize until I accidentally pressed on the screen and saw a map pop up.

One Weird Trick jealous girlfriends everywhere don't want you to know!!1!

• Locked thread