Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

NitroSpazzz posted:

edit: dog

Parents and dog stopped in Salt Lake to visit me on their way to California for a dog show. He's awesome.

Wait wait, is there another Salt Lake besides the one in Utah?

vvv E: I only bring it up because I am a Salt Lake local and haven't met any other AI goons besides one :tinfoil: vvv

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

I was just out there for a week for an install. Will be back late May I think.

Nice. If you're around for a Saturday morning and there is a Cars & Coffee venue sorted out we could meet up with the BMW crowd. We've got a pretty good enthusiast group out here.

We have cancelled C&C because it got huge (like 200 or 300 cars big) this spring, and with more people came the idiots that couldn't be arsed to throw away their garbage and were doing donuts/burnouts ruined it for everyone.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Senior Funkenstien posted:

Finally! Got an interview setup for tomorrow. If I get this it'll be almost 80k a year.

Good luck! AI is getting on the up and up! Bunch of home owners and out of debt and whatnot, we are getting too level headed in this place. I just found out my neighbor buddy that is runs the service center at the local BMW dealership is getting an Austin Yellow M3 in June. Envy is an understatement and I am hoping that I won't talk myself out of my E90 M3 I plan to find in ~2 years. My wife has green lighted the idea as long as we get the basement finished in the house (which is looking like it will be 50 grand) and getting a newer family car first. Being responsible is hard :(

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

All the good television shows are hitting their peak marks right now and in my mind I get a little disappointed because that means season finales are around the corner followed by painful waiting. What a day to be alive when most TV shows are so much more engaging than anything to be put on the big screen :allears:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also, Taco Bell breakfast is loving dope.

Those ads on Pandora that constantly pop up are wasted on me. Same goes for McDonald's. I haven't had gross fast food like that in over a decade now. For a burger, it has got to be In n Out, or 5 Guys, or Chik Fil A. Anything like Taco Bell, McD's, Burger King, Wendy's - yuck!

In other news, my wife took the kids to her parents for a few days so I could install my awesome new cabinet system she wanted me to buy in the 3rd bay of the garage. I was up until 12:30 last night getting work done. I think I will go get some lag bolts and anchors to drill into the foundation and bolt the cabinets to the wall for safety measures. I have 3 overhead cabinets to hang on the wall next. Might go see F&F7 tonight by myself. I have an awesome wife.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

angryhampster posted:

Wow that looks great. Is that the set from Costco:?

Yep. This set here. I ordered it when it was $600 off. $1100 delivered on a freight truck on a pallet is pretty reasonable! i also ordered the rubber floor mat at the same time because why not. I am going to pull the mat under the cabinets a little bit so that if/when I drop something in the work space it should be easy to get. I bought an LED shop light to hang under the overhead cabinets and I have my old 42" flat screen and a spare Apple TV that I am going to mount on the left wall. I will just need to find a good stool and I will be set up to be out in the garage at night and not bothering anyone at all. My garage ceiling in the 3rd bay is about 14 feet tall. I would like to get a 2 post hydraulic lift (the one that Costco sells) but I will need to modify my garage door/opener to a high lift since it is the standard height.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Taco Box posted:

I really like how they treated him and it felt like saying goodbye to a friend. Both of us were kinda misty eyed at the end.

Agreed. It was a kickass movie, and good enough that we can stop apologizing for it being :rice: the franchise has actually become something really quite good. Being a father and husband and seeing Paul Walker on screen as his character and knowing he was those things in real life struck an emotional chord with me. All around good dude and he definitely left a legacy for car guys.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I missed device chat, but the best phone I ever had was my iPhone 4S. Everything about it was brilliant for its time and it felt the best as well. The only thing that got me to upgrade to iPhone 5 was LTE. I really wish the iPhone 6 didn't become so thin and drat light. I am forced to buy a case for it (which I have never used on any of my previous 5 iPhones) because the stupid lens sticks out from the back. The thing I enjoy about the 6 is battery life and Slow-mo videos. That is about it.

Finished my cabinet install Friday at like 3:00 AM. Being pedantic about everything being level and bolted together properly makes for a long install. I installed one of those LED shop lights from Costco to the bottom of the upper cabinets and the lighting is perfect. I will get more proper photos done soon. Old 42" flat screen will be mounted on a swivel on the left wall with a spare Apple TV connecting it to everything. Need to hide the wires, etc. I have some race banners to hang up and generally more organizing and filling the cabinets up. Really happy with the work space. It is a 72" long work top. Cannot WAIT to get out there an enjoy it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Tide posted:

Man, I am in a funk.

Last couple months have been a 80-100 hr weeks of work / home renovation to get ready to sell every waking moment then added our new house which has been more of the same. Every spare moment I have is dedicated to one or the other. Doing my best to make time for the wife and kid which leaves very little "me" time. Kid is acting up a little bit which I think is simply a 'any attention from Dad is attention' mechanism. Feel like all i do is get on to him about stupid stuff.

I need a break.

That is a gnarly situation to be in and I can understand how that goes. Finding balance in life is tough and it really shows how committed you need to be in order to be a parent. Ever since we have had our second I have been to the gym exactly one time. I work all day and get home and help my wife with the kids/dinner/etc. She needs a break too and I want to spend time with the kids. She works her butt off all day at home. We are lucky if both kids are in bed by 9:00 PM. Then I am able to spend some one on one time with the Mrs. She is tired and wants to go to sleep so she usually wants to be in bed by 10, giving me usually about an hour with her. The gym closes at 10 and is a 20 minute drive away. Add extra projects on top of that like trying to make your yard look decent and life just gets away. I want to say that as the kids get older and more independent it should get easier since I feel like that is what my parents were able to do but the first years are definitely a new challenge.

I love my life though and there are moments that make me remember why I wake up every day and make the choices I do. Just like this from Saturday we had a little block party/Easter egg hunt for all of the kids and it was a laugh riot. Being able to see life from the perspective of my daughter brought up a lot of emotion for me in this little video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNP7HwGfUVQ I had about 15 minutes of raw GoPro video of just her and seeing her run about and her little voice just melted me and my wife. Kids are so great and innocent that you can't help but want things to be magical for them.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yup, I need to buy a non-helmet-based mount for my Gopro to stick on my kid. I've got a little bit of video from sticking it on her helmet while she tried a scooter (and quickly decided she'd rather try to climb a tree) and it's just the cutest poo poo.

I got this and safe to say that we will be using it a lot more often.

Edit: I wanna pat that boxer on the noggin. Those are great dogs.

vvv Double edit vvv: Thanks! I was happy with how the video turned out. I am still trying to learn more. The time lapse was actually a lot better initially and showed the herd running through all of the front yards but I thought I would slow it down 50% on the iMovie clip but I should have left it the original speed. It was a lot smoother, but I didn't want to change it back and re-upload the whole video.

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 7, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

I need a good suggestion for a game to test out my new PC rig that's not crysis.

Is it raining? I assume it's raining because your posting and wanting to play video games rather than rev match and row through a sweet gated shifter.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

So I found out a house in my neighborhood built by the same builder and not on as good of a lot and without the upgrades we had just sold for $415 grand :psyduck: that is $75 more than we got our place for not just two years ago.

I'm okay with this.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I found myself driving behind a new styled Honda Fit today. Once I learned what I was looking at all I could think was 'drat, you ugly'. It is one of those cars that will make you that guy- the one that always talks about how the old ones were so much better.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I have been a Discount Tire loyalist for a while now. They are just spectacular in my area. As I have moved around Salt Lake all 3 locations I have patronized they have all been top notch and just basically give a blank stare when I hear people go anywhere else for their tires. I would probably let people get by for going to Costco, but all of Costco's tires are really overpriced.

Cat Terrist posted:

Netflix's Daredevil is just stupidly good.

This is on my list to watch during the summer break from all of the good shows that are wrapping up. This season of TV has been incredibly good. I have been enjoying the crap out of The Flash on CW. It is seriously good television and was a hell of a first season. I have the series finale of Justified waiting for me when I get home from work today. I am worried how it is going to finish :ohdear: Other shows on my list to watch are The Americans and TURN.

Also - I finally got my answers in for the AI Sheep Game if you haven't submitted answers yet then get to it! It is a Wednesday which means nothing really, other than now is as good of a time as any.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Snowed with a good 6" sticking to the grass today. It's going to be 75 degrees by the weekend. April in Utah :allears:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

My dad and mom came over to the house to see the grandkids and I got my dad to help me bolt up the wall mount for my old flat screen. Got everything hooked up and plugged in. When I turned on the power the status led went from red to blue like normal but nothing turned on. No noise, no pop, no sizzle. Just a black screen with no response. The remote is working. I'm really bummed out. The TV worked fine when we last had it up, it's been sitting for about a year and a half in the basement waiting to be something awesome. The bastard of it all is it is probably not worth anything since it seems 42" TVs can be had for less than $300 now.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Yeah I'm not going to scrap it just yet. I'll do some Google work and see what I can come up with. It's about 8 years old, it's an LG model 42LG30 which I'm fairly sure they sold a grip of.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Since I am lazy and hate washing my car I just signed up for the unlimited car wash pass at Golden Nozzle. $30/mo for the top tier wash with polish and wax.

Oh come on it cannot be named that can it? Is the top tier the Golden Shower?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah that was one of his better videos. I'm sort of shocked dude has done so well.

He's got some witty stuff to say and a mishmash way of editing but his shtick works so why not make the vids while the getting is good.

Also a lot of :dong: innuendo. A lot

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Sigma X posted:

I am now, after two years of contracting, an official Cisco employee. Time for a new car!

Nice work.

So this is a local news story that is ongoing about a not ugly now former high school teacher that had relations of adult nature with students (multiple students, multiple times, that happened again even when out on bail). When you see some of the court room photos though you are like - REALLY? Is this staged? It looks staged: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34341164&nid=148&title=former-teacher-brianne-altice-pleads-guilty-in-sex-abuse-case&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory ninja edit: don't read comments or you will go brain dead.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The Locator posted:

So today was day one of my road trip to Miller Motorsports Park.

This is why I never play games of chance for anything of value.

Dude! Welcome to Utah. MMP is incredible and the Shelby museum makes you realize that you haven't amounted to much in life. I also never play games of chance. If I do I become that guy with instant regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The Locator posted:

Thanks.

Starting today at Bryce, then driving up scenic route 12 I think. Need to be in Park City tonight for a reception at Hoonigan HQ, then spend all day tomorrow at MMS.

Sounds like a good time. This is approaching the peak time of the year where everything in Utah looks really nice. The mountains are still a little brown from the cold night weather but the valley is in bloom. I bought my M3 from a dude that works for KB/Hoonigan complete with fifteen52 Tarmacs and all.

• Locked thread