Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
AI should really like Corgis because they're a slammed dog that's built for cornering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Caaaats.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Buy it, buy it now. Does it come with one of those little motocompo scooters in the back?

I doubt it, the Motocompo is worth more than the City at this point.

I can hope, though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Phone posted:

I'm having bad ideas about picking up a Grom. Like checking my credit and looking at the MSF bad.

I have 2 race cars and I'm basically out of CC debt and my checking account is looking healthy. gently caress gently caress gently caress

Dude the Grom is amazing. I'm debating getting my motorcycle license so I can have one.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

This isn''t a late april fools post, I found out today one of my exes from California is about a half hour drive away from me on a trip :stare: I havent talked to her in two years, she's the girl I proposed to when driving Lowered Expectations who wound up banging a half dozen of my friends. Looked her up on facebook and discovered in the past couple years she either discovered One Wierd Trick that Dieticians Hate, or has been hitting the glass dick for god knows how long. She looked absolutely wrecked. And yet, somehow, way, way hotter than she's ever been. So I've been spending the day contemplating why my dick has decided that skinny batshit crazy tweakers with dead hollow eyes are totally its thing. Like there is a direct proportional relationship between how broken somebody is and the level of desire I feel for that person. The closest I can describe the feeling is that brain is trying to talk to his coworker dick, saying 'Hey man, this doesnt look so hot so why don't we sit this one out okay?' And what brain doesnt realise is that dick stopped taking his pills like two weeks ago and has just entered the Messiah phase of full blown mania and is entirely too busy planning out to the exact second when he's going to need to tuck and roll out of the burning helicopter that happens to be on a collision course with the local nuclear power plant.

I'm agreed with Dan, this is an incredible post that deserves hall of fame status, even out of the glorious thread you usually weave.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Somewhat Heroic posted:

All the good television shows are hitting their peak marks right now and in my mind I get a little disappointed because that means season finales are around the corner followed by painful waiting. What a day to be alive when most TV shows are so much more engaging than anything to be put on the big screen :allears:

At least Mad Men starts soon.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

Tracking indicates my ls7 will arrive the comming weeks, the Bentley in about a month. Im still confused how my wife talked me into the Ls7. I was thinking something like a Rover v8. I like my woman

Your wife sounds amazing. Did she make you get the Tesla too?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

the land of Firestone

:golfclap:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Just got back from the new F&F. It was pretty good.

Surprised to see a metric chassis in there though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

It goes all the way back to Better Luck Tomorrow.

He's Han Lue in Better Luck Tomorrow, though. I should really watch that movie.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

angryhampster posted:

Anyone else watching Better Call Saul?

That was a great season. Can't wait for the next.

Every time I hear that Esteem idling it makes me sad for the inevitable episode where it will die.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

No joke I will donate towards this becoming 14's white whale.

If someone loved it enough to put an aftermarket intercooler into it it must be something really special. Really, really special. :unsmigghh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

I know it's a broken record in this place but holy hell, what kind of demonic possession are some of these people that post on Tumblr on? The absolute shitstorm of crazy honestly had me reaching for a crucifix. Otherkin and gently caress me the hole just goes waaaaaaay deeper from there.

I just blocked that whole shitstorm at the routers at work. We were wondering what someone was spending their time on and dear Lord, I'm regretting reading what pages they were. Hey, this is Something Awful and you do see a lot of hosed up messes as a result if you venture to FYAD and GBS and who the gently caress knows elsewhere (and of course sys admins see the firewall logs. I'm no stranger to some hosed up things people read on IT networks) but this....... I'm not joking, I honestly consider Tumblr proof positive demons are real and they are possessing people. This is just plain next level insanity.

Well there goes all my Australian readership :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Buy the RX8 for me, I'll pay you back.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Moxie Omen posted:

I spent my morning listening to my boss tell me that

1. My thing I work on is getting mothballed and replaced and all new development will be in Java instead of Python because reasons

and

2. You got a promotion and a raise! congrats

gonna just jump out the window now, gently caress enterprise software

You haven't lived until they cut your team in half and move to a drag-and-drop single-threaded 32-bit enterprise software solution based entirely on tables that, by the way, the company also makes.

Take your raise and spend it on a suit for the next round of interviews.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man, I haven't been to a Husky House in years. Their roast beef sandwich got me through a lot of really bad decisions about food.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I found a black quadcoupe hood in the area for $50, should I go full ricer and just go with the black hood or should I submit the insurance claim and get it fixed?

Buy the black hood either way.

If the other party's insurance is paying make them do all the legwork to get you a brand new hood.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

Took my dog to the vet, and then to petsmart to grab him a treat.

Little fucker decided to poo poo while he walked down an entire aisle.

I went to Petland (which is a Canadian competitor to Petsmart) a couple years ago during the Christmas shopping season to see a dude crouched over, holding a bag, following behind his disdainful Pomeranian taking a massive diarrhea poo poo while walking in front of the grooming area.

"No, Biscuit, no!"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo you guys.

Someone made Automotive Insanity: The Video Game.

You like Mechanic Simulator? Get the gently caress out of here with your lovely bent dick. Does Mechanic Simulator let you adjust the carb? Does it let you pour coolant on the ground if you're not good at aiming? Does it make you return to your toolkit to pick out the right size of wrench? Can you run down the battery while sitting in your driveway listening to funky tunes out of your blown-out single speaker audio system? Can you drink and drive lovely Finnish beer?

Is the in-dash cigarette lighter fully simulated?

Does it motherfucking let you drive around with a backfiring carb and a missing valve cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M

"What should we do before we drive off.. ahhh I know, fender flares! [...] They are pretty loving ugly, but they are, they are part of the hobby."

http://boingboing.net/2015/04/17/i-cant-wait-for-this-finnish.html

http://www.johannesrojola.com/msc/

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 17, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

:doh: Assholes ruin car culture.

I went to an Audi meet this weekend...it was all 2000+ cars, I was the only car older than 10 years. Everybody looked at my 90 20v Quattro funny and kept asking if it was actually an Audi. :smith:

When my buddy's 86 5000S existed, we tried to go to the Audi dealer for one of their "bring your off-warranty Audi in for an inspection and get a free set of wiper blades" scams.

They refused to believe it was actually an Audi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

Well another attempt to quit smoking down the toliet. I'm starting to think I've got zero willpower whatsoever.

Just have someone follow you around and smack the cigarettes out of your hand when you try to light one.

• Locked thread