Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Cat on a couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

straighten that poster aaaaaa

I literally just did that, haha. Dont know how I didnt notice that before.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

So I took your guys recommendation and checked out some shelters, and lo and behold, we found a Lab/Husky/German Shepherd mix. We're picking him up tomorrow after I get off work :3:

My brother and sister in law already got his little brother :D

Holy Fack thats a cute puppy! You must be stoked for tomorrow.

e: Stitch would be a good name for him ;) Hopefully hes not as destructive though, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Aww that is a good name :3:

My wife wants to call him Samson since he's going to be big and strong and make her feel safe when I'm not home at night :3:

I'm super stoked because she's going to see how a shedding dog is nbd and it'll open the doors to me getting my irish wolfhound in a few years :getin:

As in Brock Samson? Hmm, thats hard to compete with but Stitch is fireproof and bulletproof, and hes really strong :colbert:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I played with my steam engine today. I haven't messed with it since I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfMATmvnuuI

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

meet rascal :3:

Oh my gaaaaaaawd! :kiddo:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

This loving lawnmower is killing me. It will start and run for a second off of starter fluid. Carb has been soaked in cleaner. New fuel lines. New pull cord. New spark plug. Plug isn't fouling, but it will NOT loving run.

Did you make sure to blast out the jet after taking it out of the cleaner? That is the classic symptom of a clogged jet. Also depending on the carb it might have a TINY hole near the bottom of the tube that goes to the jet that may be clogged. Like taking a piece of stranded wire to clean it out tiny.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

That is goddamn genius.

Haircut went okay, not butchered so I'm happy.

That said the mower still won't run. Pulled the carb back apart, except the float bowl (because it won't loving come off) and ran wire through all the jets, sprayed cleaner through them, etc. Spray starter fluid, it turns over, goes through maybe four revolutions, then dies again.

Is the float bowl held on with a big fat bolt that screws into the tube that goes to the jet because that might also have holes in it that need to be cleaned out.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Yep, and it has a hole in the base and one on top. Cleaned those out and same. I'm really wondering if it's just not getting fuel into the bowl. I know the line flows, and I know the jets are clean. But the plug has nothing on it, and it never even tries to catch. Is there a trick to actually getting that bowl off without ruining it?

Edit: thinking about it, that almost has to be the issue. Removing that bolt never results in any fuel leaking out of it.

Yea maybe the needle valve is stuck, taking that bolt out should leak a whole bowl of gas out, at least. Stupid question but is there a shutoff valve on the tank and is it turned on?

e: nm, you said the line flows for the shutoff valve question.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea that and only the female plants are worth smoking and only if they havent been around male plants.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got a new Hi-Fi yesterday. Im also posting from 1970.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

bennyfactor posted:

Those things can get LOUD. I don't know what it is about old Hi-Fi equipment, but it seems like for what they are, they're a lot better than what you could get at an equivalent price today. Also, post more pics of your telephone chair, those things are a great period piece, too.

Im afraid to turn it on yet in case some of the capacitors have dried out but yea they can be wicked loud. Noeland just took one of these and put all newer stuff in it and it came out awesome.

I got the chair yesterday too from my great aunt and uncle that moved to a smaller house. They always had super nice furniture and I wanted to save whatever of theirs that I could. I think its from Ethan Allen but Im not sure. It has cool painting on it

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Yeah it's a 5 speed. It's made it this far, I'm not worried about it. Dad has a binder full of receipts, it's been well taken care of.

Has he ever replaced the nozzles? Its kind of important because they wear out and can cause problems and a lot of people overlook them when it comes to maintenance of TDIs . Its also a great opportunity to replace them with some Sprints which will increase the power and fuel mileage, slightly. With that mileage Im going to assume he did but the nozzles are only good for 100-150k.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

This is something I miss where I currently live, no lawn to mow. Moving is great, get on the mower, zone out and relax, and enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass.
Nothing better.

In short:

I mow lawns for a living and it never gets old, I just love how it looks when Im done. Plus I get to play with trucks and tractors all day and 5 year old me would be pretty happy with that. Not to mention I get to listen to music all day and dont have to talk to anyone.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

The GM has been incredibly passive aggressive since I put in my 2 weeks notice. Demanding I clean out the grease trap (you need a license for that)

Thats weird, what kind of license do you need to clean out a grease trap? I do it every week at my restaurant and always figured its easy but nasty bitch work for the dishwasher, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

My great uncle gave me a couple more awesome space things today. He worked on the space program from the beginning until the mid 80s.

This charcoal went around the moon on Apollo 8. I used to stare at it a lot when I was a little kid and it still amazes me to this day that that charcoal was nearby when Jim Lovell, Bill Anders and Frank Borman came around the moon to watch the earth rise and read the lines from Genesis for the television broadcast.

He also gave me this medallion which contains metal from Columbia (the command module, not the shuttle) and the Eagle. This metal has been on the moon and that will never stop blowing my mind.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

meatpimp posted:

That poo poo is awesome and extremely valuable, Fart Pipe, get them in a safety deposit box and/or insured!

I have a bunch of other space stuff and Ive been thinking about making a thread but I dont know how many people would be interested in it here in AI. I guess its not that much different than the airplane and boat threads we have going anyway so if anyone has interest in it I might do it. Most of my stuff is from the shuttle era but I do have the user manuals from the Lunar Module, the current EMU and things like that. If anyone else here has worked on the space program and could contribute that would be awesome and let me know.

I never figured any of the stuff would be valuable enough to insure because if something happened to it its just not replaceable. Its mostly sentimental to me since a lot of my family (including me) has worked on the space program. That and Im a huge space nerd.

e: Some of the books I have may have some proprietary information in them. They are mostly really old but if someone knows about what I should or shouldn't post from them and could help can you PM me about it? It'll take me a while to take pics/scan stuff and write posts before I make a thread so no hurry at all.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 17, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

On the way to work, I passed a girl standing on the sidewalk. She was wearing noise-proof headphones, playing an invisible piccolo, and dancing. I don't know how to feel.

Maybe it was a flute and she was jamming out to some Tull. If that was the case Itd make me feel like asking for her hand in marriage right then and there.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I drive a ton of stuff with carbs and they are fine. Fuel injection is cool too. Cant we all just get along.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Saturday was my last day at my winter job washing dishes at the restaurant down the street. I'm really going to miss it, crazy as that sounds. Its a pretty hard job sometimes but everyone I worked with was awesome and I missed working with people. I wont miss cleaning out the grease trap though, that poo poo smelled like barf. Back to my lonely job listening to music all day although I hired one of the guys I worked with at the restaurant for one or two days a week starting today so that will be fun.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

interview went great, they said I was the first candidate to be able to identify FireWire and IDE ports and cables lol

Haha, Im not even much of a computer guy and Id be able to do that.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Slow is Fast posted:

jelly bean toesies

Wanna squish those bean toes, my cat hated it at first but now shes used to it. I dunno why but I love it when the pointy claw comes out. Im also kinda high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Re: Lord High Admiral von Cattington III, he doesn't care about if I mess with his toes, but absolutely DEMANDS belly and arm pit scribes :3:

And I think I did pretty drat well for myself today.

Maximus is soooooo tasty, totes jelly.

• Locked thread