Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cattes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

http://www.theonion.com/articles/engineers-unveil-new-driverless-car-capable-of-com,38358/

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I'd also like to punch the genius engineer at ford who decided that the EGR valve, the solenoid that controls vacuum to it, and the senor that provides feedback to the ECU about EGR flow should be a complete unit on my P71, rather than 3 separate, replaceable parts like on the earlier models. Because the sensor (DPFE, for those of you who speak Ford P0401) sensor is daft, I have to buy an entire $175 EGR assembly, rather than JUST the sensor. Jerks.
I found it for $127 on Rock Auto, but still...
Once that's replaced I can get the silly thing inspected and registered (because Texas just went to a single sticker, so you can't just get one or the other.)

I also need to replace the bearings in the $Texas 200A alternator, because I sure ain't buying a new one. But first, I need a special tool to get the goddamned pulley off, because it has a built in overrunning clutch for some reason. Fortunately that tool is only $25 on Amazon (on the way, as well.)

I'll never have to deal with that because their zetec engine uses the variable exhaust timing to do an EGR's job. :sun:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

New tires :sun:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I can't find anywhere to get these tires mounted right now. Everywhere I've checked either won't let you bring your own or is too backed up with other cars. :arch:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I ended up getting an appointment at one of the firestones to get them done tomorrow morning.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Stuffed all 5 tires and wheel back into my little car for now. :v:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cat Terrist posted:

Why. WHY did I read the post your ride thread. Someone move it to GBS, that's where it belongs now.

On the other hand last week I gave up ALL bottled drinks and went with water. Holy gently caress me sideways, I never expected my body to react this fast or for as long. Okay yeah I also cleaned up the diet but the act of removing even diet soft drinks was obvious. The rather nasty headaches went for a couple of days, I'm less hungry (WTF) and also more suseptible to bonking while riding like I do - plus a few other things like making GBS threads is easier. Sure diet drinks have plenty of artificial crap and fruit drinks a godawful load of free sugar without the fibre content but honestly did not expect to be feeling the lingering effects of withdrawal for a week and bit.

Usually when I drop diet soft drinks etc I usually replace with something else like fruit juice, get a day of bitchy mood and a headache, clear afterwards. So this is the first time I've just gone with water only and I am really WTF what is going on. It's not like I drink crates of the poo poo either.

What the HELL do they put in soft drinks anyway??!?

I go through two 24 packs of coke zero a week. I think if I tried to just quit caffeine completely I would lose my mind.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Something every IT guy has said at some point: loving PRINTERS. And I'm not an IT guy.

I own the laser printer in the house, but rarely use it. Parents use it plenty. They just now told me it hasn't worked in a week. I walk over, standby light is on, I tap the power button, it warms up and the wifi light is on.I do the usual power cycle, it comes back on, but the wireless light is flashing for several seconds after it comes back on before going solid. It does some version of this anytime we have a storm (usually it either loses all settings, or just stops talking to the router). I checked the router, it wasn't even trying to pull an IP (it's on DHCP, with each PC set to use it via hostname).

Plugged my laptop into it, fired up the wireless setup utility, and it had all the right settings, and the right WPA2 key. As soon as I clicked finish, it started spewing out all of the print jobs that had been piling up over the past week on mom's PC.

At least along the way, I discovered that stepdad's laptop had been setup to use it via IP instead of hostname. It still wouldn't discover it via hostname on the LAN (only by IP), but typing in the hostname got it going.

Going to replace it with a Brother duplexing wireless printer next time I catch one on sale. Toner is a lot cheaper for them, and most of them print until they're truly out of toner instead of after some set number of pages. Imaging cartridges for this Samsung are nearly $50, and that's for remanufactured ones from Xarthor's store (genuine Samsung ones are more like $80, and nobody locally stocks them).

All printers are hitler, but Brother is supposedly the least terrible brand. I have their HL-2270DW model and haven't had any problems with it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

~the skid demon~ :ghost:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

New brake lines just got here. Gonna have some "fun" swapping these in tomorrow and bleeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

General_Failure posted:

What's with the crimped on thing in the middle of two of them?

Slides into a clip to hold the hose.

• Locked thread