Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

CommieGIR posted:

And I'm willing to admit that VW makes and has made some garbage, I just get sick of the whole ragging on VWs and Audis.

I like my cars.

I've got this weird mental break where I don't like VW but love Audi. It's absurd, but there it is.

(Although Audi ownership scares me still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

All those jokes about Apple making cars, but the real threat was automakers turning into Apple. HOW HAVE WE BEEN SO BLIND

But yeah, HA if this actually goes anywhere.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

CommieGIR posted:

Almost all the parts for the 3D printer that I've 3D printed are complete :getin:

Oh poo poo, this is how the revolution begins. It's printers printing printers today, tomorrow machines making machines, the day after global apocalypse :tinfoil:

I really really want to get a 3D printer one day, they look like so much fun to tinker with, and think off all the problems you could solve by just printing the part you need.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I was thinking more along the lines of making small interior trim pieces, gauge holders, replacing broken plastic pieces. Solutions to small problems, and applications where they're unlikely to be under much stress. Even around the house it would come in handy.

The other applications you mentioned (proto, and molds) would be pretty useful. Plus there's probably quite a few more problems that become that much easier if you have a 3D printer handy. Once we get 3D printers that can make more robust products, that's going to be truly revolutionary.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Raluek posted:

desktop li'l CNC mill

Those... are surprisingly cheap, I was expecting much more than $2k - $3k ish for some reason.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Sumitomo HTR ZIII? They're the cheapest max performance summer tire in most sizes on tire rack, I've had them on both my nice cars for the last couple years and I've liked them.

There are better tires, but I don't think you can beat them for the price.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

MrChips posted:

Internet speedchat:

This cost $66/month (including tax) here in Canada. Because our telco market is worse than anywhere else in the world save Mexico.

Oh I should also mention that it's 250 GB/month as well. If I want unlimited data, that's another $31/month because I'm not a TV customer.

Yay for lovely overpriced Canadian internet!

Same price (roughly) and worst service.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

CommieGIR posted:

I miss my Android phone that had a keyboard, I hate on screen typing :smith:

Swype is pretty bitchin, just saying.

I just left a very nice job interview and I feel it went well. My Baja project might very well be the reason I get this job. Crossing fingers, hopes up :ohdear:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat you BELL and your network outage :argh: phone wasn't receiving calls our text for most of the day, and right around 5pm I got a flood of texts and voicemail alerts.

They called back from the interview, but couldn't get a hold of me and when I called them back they were probably off work. Going to call again tomorrow morning, I guess here goes another night of :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

some texas redneck posted:

Is Google Voice an option in Canada?

:aaaaa: Apparently it is. If I'm understanding it correctly, I install Hangouts Caller on my phone, and I can access it from my cell. Hang on, I've got to set this all up and start using it. Don't know why I thought it was US only and/or why I never looked into it.

E: Awww, nope looks like the actual google voice number is US only, although you can get one to forward to a Canadian number with this workaround:

Some Google Voice blog I found after a quick search posted:

Google Voice setup from Canada
I briefly tried three times before to setup Google voice from Canada with no luck. Many guides exist on the internet to help you with this, problem is they are out of date and just don't see to work. The fourth time was a charm for me. Before thinking about going to all this effort you should realize that you can't get a Canadian google voice number, but with a little effort you can get your US Google Voice number forwarded to any Canadian number. Regardless, using it does give you a chance to play with it so that once Canadian numbers are available, you will be familiar with the service.

The problem with activating a Google Voice account is Google Voice wants to phone you at a US based phone number and have you enter a two digit confirmation code as part of the activation. This requires a number of steps to get working from Canada.

Steps.
Request an Google Voice invite from Google. Invite
Setup a Canadian 403 phone number and forward it to whatever number you want, seems Google Voice will forward to that one Canadian area code(403). See details below*.
Use the phone number generated in step 2 to activate Google Voice. You may need to use a US based proxy, see Hotspot Shield, for this step.

The Hangouts VOIP calling still works, but I think it just shows up as your regular cell number? I'll have to play around with it.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 1, 2015

• Locked thread