Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

goatse guy: I'll have to heck out a breed specific adoption gig, that sounds like it could be good :)

Negromancer posted:

You don't have to get a shelter dog, but please do not buy a $400 dog from a "breeder". You are guaranteed to get a horrible inbred dog that probably has more behavioral issues than any rescue and will have health problems. Especially if it has mini anywhere in the name. If you are set on buying a dog, do your research and find a reputable breeder. Its gonna cost a more money, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

yeah exactly, I'm only looking at breeders recommended by the AKC and none of the Web 2.0 breeder sites since I don't want a neurotic inbred dog haha. my mother in laws dog may be that, but since it's a cavachon (bishon frise or however it's spelled and King Charles ) it more than likely isn't and is possible a puppy mill dog :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Once you figure out what breed you're looking for if you need info on breeders let me know. Mom breeds dogs and is on the road showing them most weekends, she knows the top breeders for every drat breed as well as the ones to avoid.

Awesome! My brother and sister in law are looking for German Shepherds, so if she knows any good breeders I'd love for them to not get an inbred dog like many GSD's tend to be :)

and if she knows any toy poodle breeders I'd love their information as well :3:

Lightbulb Out posted:

Yeah dogs are fine I guess but what about cats?
I've always wanted a black cat with green eyes, a maine coon, or a norwegian forest catte :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Siochain posted:

Even a lot of "purebred" breeders are terrible. AKC unfortunately doesn't mean much, terrible breeders can register with them. As much as there's a hate on in AI for Pet Island, go in there, post sensibly, be open to criticism, and there's a ton of good advice. A lot of people there know a ton about various breeds, and can often find/help identify decent breeders, or at least point out red flags. The rescue route is a phenomenal one, my dog is a rescue and I don't think I could get lucky enough to "buy" one of her attitude and awesomeness from a breeder.

My two cents on it anyways :)

I totally forgot about PI :downs: I'll have to poke around in there.

And I will check out adopting, I'm open to the idea but i dont mind shedding dogs and it would be nice to not have to deal with a crying puppy for two months.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is my lil doggie that is technically my parents :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a friend with two of those and it freaks me out every time I see it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do any of you guys still play BF4?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So we may not be moving to Tampa after all, my FIL's job may place him somewhere up here even though all of the site bosses that really really want him are down in Tampa and Los Angeles :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Aaaaaaaaaand my ex just smashed my roommate's back-up bong. The same roommie whose bong I broke a couple weeks ago. He was so mad.

:rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

there's a joke in there about rippin bongs and suckin schlongs but idk how it goes

it's funny though and then everyone stands up and claps

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My verizon bill is $40/month for 10gb and I get an upgrade every 10 months for $100 off the list price of the phone.

I'm going to miss this plan when I leave my current job :( At least it'll set me up to be able to sell my old one and buy the unlocked ones to use :)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So I just saw a Focus RS in the wild with a manufacturer plate. I didn't know they were going to be sold here :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So I took your guys recommendation and checked out some shelters, and lo and behold, we found a Lab/Husky/German Shepherd mix. We're picking him up tomorrow after I get off work :3:

My brother and sister in law already got his little brother :D

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Holy Fack thats a cute puppy! You must be stoked for tomorrow.

e: Stitch would be a good name for him ;) Hopefully hes not as destructive though, haha.

Aww that is a good name :3:

My wife wants to call him Samson since he's going to be big and strong and make her feel safe when I'm not home at night :3:

I'm super stoked because she's going to see how a shedding dog is nbd and it'll open the doors to me getting my irish wolfhound in a few years :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

I don't know how I missed this post, but holy crap that's an adorable pup.

You know he's going to be lonely all by himself without any other dogs to play with, right? Right? :v:

hahaha our primary goal is going to get him nice and socialized, so he's going to be spending lots of time with his brother, my parents dog, and my in laws two dogs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I showed her the Komondor since they don't shed and she nearly threw up.

the Caucasian mountain dog would chew my pasty white arse up and spit it out:ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Pizza Cabal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dannywilson posted:

Puli's are like mini-komondors that are easier to maintain and train.

I remember watching an AP show about Komondorok and it was like "yeah these dogs are incredibly ancient and also incredibly wild and tough to train"

I've read the same thing about most spitz type dogs as well as all of the Japanese dogs. I'm good with training dogs but I'm afraid my wife isn't so much

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mat_Drinks posted:

Yes, they are, but I thought I had read that there was only one "production model" floating around in painter's tape blue and that it was at the New York auto show right now. What color was it?

benefits of living in Deteoit I guess haha

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

As in Brock Samson? Hmm, thats hard to compete with but Stitch is fireproof and bulletproof, and hes really strong :colbert:

haha both him and the biblical hero :3: were a little worried because there's a breed restriction at the apartments we live at but we won't be able to find out what they are until Monday, and we have to pick him up tonight or else we won't be able to get him at all. I know golden retrievers and labs are clear, but the internet says that most places with breed restrictions don't like huskies or GSD's so my wife is stressing out about it lol

my wife's identical twin has his brother so now they're thinking of names like Mowgli and Baloo or Bert and ernie lol. I still like Samson though

add me on snapchat timothyjimothy for puppy pix :3:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 4, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Fairly certain that's a 2010ish RS500: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_%28second_generation,_Europe%29#Focus_RS_500

Still pretty neat since they were never sold here

I think you're right, it even says RS 500 under it :shobon:

good eye

now to import one from Europe :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

You mean the ONLY benefit of living in Detroit.
Pros:
-amazing Arabic and Asian food
-see the newest big three cars before everyone else
-the red wings
-no smog tests
-huge amount of fresh water swimming holes and even surfing
-Canada is a short drive
-the UP

Cons:
-terrible roads
-terrible winters
-mediocre economy
-high crime rates
-nothing to do except drink at bars or smoke at hookah lounges

idk, it looks like we won't be moving to Tampa after all so I'm trying to think positive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meet rascal :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Locator posted:

God drat that's a cute puppy. Those eyes are amazing!

You can totally troll for young ladies with him. :pervert:

I'll have to loan it out to my brother than, he could use the help lol

my wife is basically a cooing puddle at the moment

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Right now I'm watching a neighbour's dogs for the next week since they're neurotic as gently caress and need someone to sleep with them. They gave us $150 for the weekend last time we did this, but only $200 for the full week which is kind of annoying, but also kind of my fault since I never told them a price. Now i'm missing Rascal be adorable (but also not getting woken up every two hours) while drinking their huge selection of booze. First up: gin and sprite because they have no other soda in the house and I'm not a super huge fan of jack and coke.

more puppy pictures:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tommychu posted:

I like my gin with Sprite and a little bit of cranberry or red grapefruit juice. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah i'm six deep so far. i found some red cherry stuff that is yummy in it and also i am now out of gin so that is p sad

these dogs are chill for some reason which is great. normally thrye all over me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's really lovely 8 dollr gin but they have yummy schnapps which is nice

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have an upgrade every ten months and I pay $100 less than two year contract pricing (so my 64GB 6+ was $299 not $399 and my 32GB 5S was $199 instead of $299) then I sell them for whatever the unlocked rate is and I make money on it.

plus a new screen is $120 which isn't a whole lot of money :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my fancy gaming mouse that i've had for five years broke on friday, so now i get to go to best buy and try to find a mouse that isn't tiny as hell and make my hand cramp after an hour

:rip: Razer Naga, thanks 4 all the useless buttons you piece of poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, had I bought this unlocked t would have been like $899 without subsidies or whatever it's called :stare:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

My phone (5c) has decided that keeping accurate time is beneath it. I thought it was a little weird when my only alarm went off twice this morning, and now it is about an hour and ten minutes slow, but it'll randomly lose several minutes occasionally or gain them back.

Ugh I do not want to replace this bastard.

I've never heard of that lol, I wonder if it's your SIM card or on your carrier or something

actually are you on sprint? that's a known issue of theirs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

puppy spam:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Boxers are some of the best dogges ever :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Without going into too much detail, pretty much all of my inventory is managed from iPhones with 3D scanner/credit card sleds and it's really handy for receiving shipments and other things

downside is that only my company can use it :v:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/09/apple-store-employees-switching-from-ipod-touch-to-iphone-5s-for-easypay-pos-system/

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 8, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today I discovered that Rascal does not like being on a leash one bit. on one hand he hasn't had any poop accidents and only one wee accident on the carpet (of course) but on the other I'm getting the vibe that all that husky in him is going to make him far harder to train than the border collie i had in australia and my parent's/in-laws cavachons

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, we luckily live by a bunch of trails and I'm planning on taking him on loads of little excursions plus my in law's and parent's back yards are pretty big so he'll have loads of room to run around when I take him over there.

When he's bigger I have a feeling he will absolutely LOVE pulling me around campus on my longboard :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

Most Siberian Huskies used for weight pull competitions can pull 600-1000lbs from a dead standstill pulling on a sledge/simulated sled environment. An adult male Alaskan Malamute can pull around 0.5-1.5 tons of weight (1,000-3,000 pounds), depending on build and training.

:stare:

Yeah, maybe that isn't such a good idea

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Terrist posted:

I know it's a broken record in this place but holy hell, what kind of demonic possession are some of these people that post on Tumblr on? The absolute shitstorm of crazy honestly had me reaching for a crucifix. Otherkin and gently caress me the hole just goes waaaaaaay deeper from there.

I just blocked that whole shitstorm at the routers at work. We were wondering what someone was spending their time on and dear Lord, I'm regretting reading what pages they were. Hey, this is Something Awful and you do see a lot of hosed up messes as a result if you venture to FYAD and GBS and who the gently caress knows elsewhere (and of course sys admins see the firewall logs. I'm no stranger to some hosed up things people read on IT networks) but this....... I'm not joking, I honestly consider Tumblr proof positive demons are real and they are possessing people. This is just plain next level insanity.

Check your privilege, some of us fat accepting non-cis scum have nothing better to do than to read pages and pages of uneducated and downright ignorant posts all day long :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can someone please explain why husky and golden retrievers are not on my apartments restricted list but Labrador retrievers are?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good news! My vet paperwork said "Husky Mix" on it instead of Husky/German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever so Rascal is now good to live with us! They could tell he was a mix but I said since he has blue eyes he would have to be predominately Husky, and also I had no idea what else he could be and they bought it while cooing about how cute he is.

I have a feeling that if they were to look on the restricted list they might find Siberian Husky, but the lease is already being drawn up with approval for him :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

So your apartment has a restricted breed list or something? And labs are banned but huskies arent? :wtc:

Yeah that's exactly what I said. I guess it may be because labs get slightly bigger than huskies even if they aren't as strong or wild or something? idgi

• Locked thread