Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Moved all day yesterday and I am totally wiped out. Still have several car loads of stuff to go. Unfortunately the new place does not have a garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I left my s4 out of a gel case for a few months until it slid out of my shorts and cracked on the concrete slab back porch. Now it has two cracks in the screen. It's been like this for about a year.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yep, all the libraries for DX/OpenGL etc are on the OS drive.

I went luxury last year, and picked up a R9 290 and a 256GB Crucial SSD just for games because I already had a SSD boot drive :getin:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
++ to Brother Laser printers. My parents replace one about every 5 years and run them about ~3x the recommend duty cycle.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My TMO Galaxy S4 has been increasingly unable to find it's SIM card randomly. Well, those bouts have gotten more and more frequent. In desperation, I flashed a rooted stock ROM. Storage encryption came up and then decided it couldn't see the SIM anymore. I'm done.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Geoj posted:

This was a known issue and you're likely hosed - the problem is the connector on the main board for the SIM/SD tray doesn't make a good connection. You could try gluing a small piece of an old credit card on top of the ribbon cable to try to add more pressure to keep it seated but this just delayed the inevitable when it happened to my wife's phone.
I figured. I'm just gonna rock a Nokia Lumia 635 for a while until I can figure out what I want, because I'm not buying a S6 and Samsung is sadly making far and away the best Android phone at the moment.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Picked up a Lumia 635 and it's a mixed bag that's mostly good. I'm less than impressed with mobile IE.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

leica posted:

Ha, yeah that happened more to the right until I repositioned the rope so it would "roll" the tree out and moved the car to the left. Put a nice rut in the grass but IDGAF. loving tree was WAY heavier that I thought it would be, I'm a dumbass.

But I was able to drag it across the yard with the Miata most of the way, and roll it the rest of the way to it's new hole :3:

SUCCESS!

That house is so Florida it almost hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
gently caress moving. My fiancee just finished moving the last crap out of the garage. She is awesome.

I'm going to turn the keys in for my old place tonight before I see Age of Ultron. :coolfish:

Right now I'm working on a stupid training course that has to be done for ~management~ reasons, nothing to do with need but because someone said so instead of anything relevant. The place I work has too many chiefs.

Don't want to keep waiting on driveshaft for my stupid car project, which I will post about once I have it back. 155hp from a FWD Mazda is boooorrrriiiiing.

• Locked thread