Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Tusen Takk posted:

So I just saw a Focus RS in the wild with a manufacturer plate. I didn't know they were going to be sold here :getin:

Yes, they are, but I thought I had read that there was only one "production model" floating around in painter's tape blue and that it was at the New York auto show right now. What color was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

benefits of living in Deteoit I guess haha

Do you guys ever get too excited about a car? (which as mentioned above this is the last gen RS, not the upcoming one)

I seriously just came back to this thread to check if TT had responded because I'm excited about a car that I won't even have the opportunity to pay more than MSRP for until like a year from now and longer if I manage to stay sane and not overpay just to get it sooner.

I should probably just make a different bad decision and buy a 997 or an impossible to find reasonably priced manual e9x M3 sedan.

Or remodel my kitchen since I spend more time working on my house than my cars. :sweatdrop:

OK, enough procrastinating today, time to go pressure wash the patio and mow the lawn.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

It's me. I have the best taste in color.

I have problems, awesome lambo in the foreground and my eyes go right to the dormer on the house in the background because I want to redo mine to be that style (though wider). Dang, it looks like that place has a front porch too!

BTW, if you're still feeling unsure about leather cleaner you can always just drop by and try out my lexol or griots on a spot. We're like 15-20 minutes away from each other.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah, we have a front porch, two back porches and the best part:

The entire roof is a patio!

Dang, nice. That view (well, a similar one) is why I want to redo the dormer out the back of my house at some point as currently the best viewing space is a 36x48 window (so it's only a "sweeping" view if you're holding a broom :v:). I've seen a few setups recently with nesting sliding windows that could make for a pretty awesome master bedroom and upstairs landing. I'm about the same distance from the water as you too :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Tide posted:

Just venting.

If it makes you feel any better tonight I got home from work to find the back door open. It was a nice day so my first thought went to "hey the wife, kids and dogs are spending time outside on the porch since I've been busting my rear end to clean it all up with the pressure washer and the patio furniture is out now, let's chill out!"

Nope.

They were outside and evidently the chill idea above had been the plan, but my 4 year old son had decided to take a poo poo outside instead of inside in the toilet (as he's known how to do for well over a year now). My wife is trying to clean him up and my loving DOGS ARE EATING MY SONS FRESH poo poo :barf:

So yes, I'm having a beer with dinner tonight and I may have another when I'm done with that.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Tide posted:

Ahahaha oh man this made me laugh more than it should

Rhyno posted:

This is the best story.

I'm glad someone can enjoy it (besides the dogs that is).

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

leica posted:

New Blipshift shirt:

Must have it.

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Welcome back LobsterboyX!

Congrats on the new job ExplodingSims!

STR, is there not an outpatient or urgent care option in your area you can go to for help? It's good you're thinking about getting help, but I worry about the financial impact it will have to you if you go to the hospital. Also, have you considered shaking up your life, like maybe leaving Texas to try to break yourself of the pattern?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Siochain posted:

Hooray for wet basements.
So 2 years ago, after our first winter in the new house, we had some water come in under the front step-region. Dug it out, found the hole in the foundation, slapped some quikcrete in, and its been gold. No issues for the rest of that year, or last year.
This year, more fun.
Back of the house, never had issues. Good Friday, it rains about 3 inches, on top of the like 4 feet of snow still in the yard. Ended up with enough water to thoroughly soak the carpets, some standing water in low spots, but nothing bad. Within 24 hours of it starting, it was done.
Until this Friday. It rained another 3 inches. And was warm. Very warm. So my basement has been doing its best recreation of the end of Titanic. Thankfully, our central vac is wet/dry, so between it and a mop, its not too bad.

Until this morning, when my central vac goes up in smoke. Literally. Poof. I'm not sure what fried, and hopefully its easily repairable, but, yeah. So a $200 trip to Canadian Tire for a good-quality WetDry shopvac with garden hose attachment, plus an adaptor bit to suck the water up.
Works well, except the attachment for the garden hose leaks like a mother-fucker. So I'm going to need to fix that, but its a small thing.

And there is more rain in the forecast.

Its one of those weeks already.

Sorry to hear that man. I've been there too. Check out Radonseal, which is sealer that permeates cement and helps with water. Then consider Drylock over the top. You may just need to buckle down though and do an interior french drain and water activated sump pump. Or a french drain outside.

I have all of the above :cripes:.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Star Wars chat I just started reading the EU novels beginning with 'The HAN SOLO Adventures' and then with the trailer coming out today oh man am I in nerd heaven.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Pretty brave to admit out loud to readin star wars EU

Cat Terrist posted:

Why would you subject yourself to that kind of mental abuse? The EU is just sooooooooo bad

Taco Box posted:

It can be, but the Jedi Search trilogy is the fuckin poo poo. So are Thrawn trilogy and the duology also written by Timothy Zahn. I've read I think the entire EU and I'm totally the coolest dude I know.

Sometimes I enjoy drinking Rainier beer (Northwest PBR), or I eat cake from a boxed mix. Sometimes it's nice to not have to think hard and just enjoy some light fiction.

Jedi Search Triology is up next, and then I need to pick up the Thrawn trilogy.

While I'm sharing, I also enjoyed the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds, which I realize is a nearly capital offense. I'm ready for my public stoning AI.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 18, 2015

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Yeah, they can gently caress right off.

I do appreciate the article specifically mentions the GM ignition switch issue right after quoting GM's concerns. :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Saw Electric Wizard last week, tonight's plans are shaping up nicely :getin:

That is so awesome. Enjoy the show!

I'm fighting a fever today which is annoying, but the day just got better when I realized I'd somehow missed a new episode of Project Binky. Yay! :yotj:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Das Volk posted:

Friday is my good day. I could pay my credit card off or buy a Focus RS :negative: perhaps being responsible is the answer.

Last I heard all you could get was an allocation number for a couple hundred? :confused:

I need to find a local Ford dealer I like.

edit: looks like the allocation info I heard about is likely bullshit

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

goatse guy posted:

about how so-and-so gets all of the leads.

*knocks coffee out of hand* the leads are for closers! :colbert:

Congrats though, and congrats to the job offer and raise getters of recent pages past.

Sorry about your GF Adabedabadootic *e-hugs*

I think it's May in EST now. THE RACE IS ON!

• Locked thread