Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fucker Now it's really going to fail though.

Now I want a goofy little car you rear end. This thing popped up on BringATrailer...

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/honda-city-turbo-ii.html

I just saw it on Facebook and I want it more than any new car on the market. It's just so loving cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Terrist posted:

Not just cute but can be persuaded to go indecently fast up to the point that the recycled tin cans it's made from can be torn apart and the front chassis rails seperate from the rest of the car.

I'm not joking on that one. The City is a ridiculously light car made from very light metals and you turn the boost up they are stupid quick BUT the chassis is literally torn apart. A stupid amount of fun tho before that happens. I'd hate to be in a crash with one.

I have a very hard head so I'm ready for it.

I just want a tiny little quick car and would rather not have to build a BP swapped Festiva to get one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. loving food poisoning. My rear end is a geyser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

You upset the Godfather didn't you?

:golfclap:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

benefits of living in Deteoit I guess haha

You mean the ONLY benefit of living in Detroit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A maybe 10 year old kid just totally caught me checking out his incredibly hot mom's rear end. He looked so disappointed in me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Please tell me you gave him the "A-OK" hand sign and mouthed "Nice!" at him.

I just smiled ans shrugged. His disappointment continued.

But for serious, she was way to hot to not look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Walked past this on the way into the building today, it had a poorly fitted and primed rear bumper and fake hood scoops. Good to know he was at peace with what he was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh, I just wanna play video games but we packed the controllers and took them over to the new place already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, it's been in there before, but in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it way:

It goes all the way back to Better Luck Tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He's Han Lue in Better Luck Tomorrow, though. I should really watch that movie.

I was just going off the interview where Lin said that at the end of the movie "Han is alone, or flying Solo at this point."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T1g4h posted:

I am far too stoked about this sticker pack.

I want some, how doth I acquire them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When my car was egged the body shop showed me how egg shell actually breaks the clear coat upon impact.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat is there some crazy poo poo going on around here

So this dude fancies himself a scam artist
http://www.dailydot.com/society/stop-bullying-ceo-fraud-benjamin-byerline/

We walked in the same circles, he dated a friend of mine. He's got a trail of knocked up girls behind him. All around major scumbag. So in the last few weeks Indiana has made headlines over this new law that may or may not allow legal discrimination. A pizza place about an hour northwest of here said they'd refuse to cater gay weddings and they were at first smacked down hard, the bigots and gay haters have now raised almost $900K in support of them. It's loving crazy.

So this Ben clown in another of his scams announces he is opening a pizza joint and that they will refuse service to "the gays." He even posts a link to the story about the place that I mention above. It's pretty clear that he wants to cash in. I also hear through the grapevine that he's stolen $3000 from one person and they're going after him to get it back. So today I'm sitting at work and I get a call asking me if I want to get in on this brute squad they've assembled to go after the dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If anyone could track this dude down I'm sure they'd do worse. The police had to go break up an incident at his girlfriend's apartment. More than a dozen guys showed up looking to gently caress him up earlier today. I don't even really know the guy but for how horrible of a person he is you'd think w'd be best friends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

"Was running when parked TWENTY FUCKIN YEARS AGO."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

If it makes you feel any better tonight I got home from work to find the back door open. It was a nice day so my first thought went to "hey the wife, kids and dogs are spending time outside on the porch since I've been busting my rear end to clean it all up with the pressure washer and the patio furniture is out now, let's chill out!"

Nope.

They were outside and evidently the chill idea above had been the plan, but my 4 year old son had decided to take a poo poo outside instead of inside in the toilet (as he's known how to do for well over a year now). My wife is trying to clean him up and my loving DOGS ARE EATING MY SONS FRESH poo poo :barf:

So yes, I'm having a beer with dinner tonight and I may have another when I'm done with that.

This is the best story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Fat wife: it is hilariously common that a guy will get it into his head to do a bit of working out/shaping up then immediately get upset the SO isn't following suit. Create opportunities but you cannot push someone into this. If you have a dog take it for walks. Occasionally ask if she'll come along. Find a new hobby that gets you both outdoors like archery.

Just telling someone they're a fatty fatty fat fat and shouldn't be won't work, ever.

My ex (who put on 40lbs in the first year we lived together) lost her loving mind when I joined a gym. It got so bad that I had to quit going after two months because all she did was bitch about how she wasn't good enough anymore and other terrible poo poo.

Turns out she wasn't and I left her fatass.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah it's cool. We all have an unhappy fat woman in our past.

Except STR maybe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm having a bad day.

:(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sometimes I have urges to do terrible things and I have to really focus on not doing it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

So do I, especially in my job where I have to eat poo poo on a regular basis.

But you know, you grow up and realize you can't always be an rear end in a top hat no matter how bad you would love to be one.

Pretty much that. And it's hard as hell to walk that path somedays. I had some rear end in a top hat in my face just a week ago and I'm pretty sure I could have removed every tooth from his mouth in a very short time but I sucked it up and walked away.

In other news, I loving love my cats but when they die/escape/run away I am done having pets. The amount of property they damage and destroy is too much to deal with anymore. Our stupid Siamese keeps pissing on everything despite a clean bill of health and being medicated for stress. He just keeps pissing. We're going to have to pay to replace the carpeting in this entire apartment because of him and now we have to take him to the brand new place? I don't see many options other than him having to live in the garage right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work in a comic book shop and about 1/3 of our customers fit the horrible stereotypes you've seen in film and television. Sometimes you see the most physically awkward couples and goddammit every singe time i can't stop myself from imagining how terrible the sex must be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DAD'S GIVING ME HIS CAR I AM SO EXCITED

2000 Golf TDI, 314K. ALLLL MINE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

Gotta be careful, that's basically a GTI without all the engine, transmission, suspension, and interior bits.

What do I have to be careful about?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

Blacking out from the intense g-forces on launch.

I don't remember it being that bad when I previously drove it. But to be fair, since it was Dad's car I usually took it pretty easy on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'd be a little careful with a 300k+ mile TDI. I mean they take boost well and everything but I've considered upgrading mine but it's at 250k+ and I'd rather not rebuild or replace the engine/drivetrain/etc. Toss on some decent tires, upgrade the suspension a bit and enjoy it like that for a while. Chip if you feel the need to modify, I'm still thinking about doing this on mine.

It has year old tires, suspension was replaced at 200K. It's staying stock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Everything but the engine and the transmission (if it is an manual). It's a MKIV afterall.

Yeah it's a 5 speed. It's made it this far, I'm not worried about it. Dad has a binder full of receipts, it's been well taken care of.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

So which Mazada are you selling then?

(If you sell the Miata I'm punching you in the dick)

Neither as of yet. I'm gonna park the 6 and put it on storage insurance until I decide if I should sell it or not. Dad's buying a house this summer/fall and already offered free parking and storage. I almost PMed you about this the other night because I was kind of spazzing out about what to do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fart Pipe posted:

Has he ever replaced the nozzles? Its kind of important because they wear out and can cause problems and a lot of people overlook them when it comes to maintenance of TDIs . Its also a great opportunity to replace them with some Sprints which will increase the power and fuel mileage, slightly. With that mileage Im going to assume he did but the nozzles are only good for 100-150k.

I'll ask him when I see him on Thursday. He wants me to take it asap but I have space issues so it need to wait until we get settled in the new place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like it's not so much an inheritance/gift fee as it is some cross state title transfer bullshit and re-titling fee. So it's about $475 I need to pay to get the Golf transffered and plated in my name. Oh what's this, I have a plate from the Civic I can transfer over and save $70!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

This, and liars.

The biggest thing pushing me away from Facebook is the people who are the first to volunteer but last to show up. They just want to look good in front of their "friends."

I don't want to drop fb because I have some genuinely interesting people on there, and family in Mexico that I don't get to see IRL very often.

I've definitely "trimmed the fat" as far as friends go in the last few years, but sometimes I feel like I don't have many real friends.

Same here man, I cut 200+ FB "friends" last year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My friends took their car to WM for an oil change and after waiting for two hours they were told the car had a cracked oil pack and they couldn't change the oil. They brought it to my place and I crawled underneath to find the pan crunched and scraped. They'd owned this car for 4 years and had never been told the pan was damaged so we assume the WM techs did something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't even buy food from that place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

on the other hand, there's plenty of people who scrape the poo poo out of their cars and never ever pause to think about what kind of repercussions it could have.

For most people I would agree. Not with this couple though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Printed some parts for my Rostock Delta 3D printer on my Makerbot 3D printer last night:

:psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just left a car meet that could have been plucked from the 90's it was so bad.
And then some assholes got into a fight and one of them had a gun tucked in his belt so I said gently caress this and bailed. Passed 6 cops heading that direction on my way home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well, Thursday night trip to Chicago is canceled due to no coworkers available to cover for my Friday. That sucks balls. But now on Thursday I'm going with Dad to look at another property he's interested in, an old grocery store. And it has a loading dock and room inside for multiple cars. I hope he tosses an offer on this one as he's said I'll be welcome to store a car or two (OR TEN) over there. And then we're going to the BMV to get the title transfer started so I can get the Golf in my name and plated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buying any furniture at Big Lots is like setting your money on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Chairs and couches and mattresses, sure.

Or bar stools, kitchen islands or any tv stand. It's all cheap particle board crap.

• Locked thread