Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have iracing too if you guys are just starting with the cars/tracks that came with the game.

I should reinstall Dirt3 sometime, too. That was a lot of fun but I stuck to the MP aspect of the game, and after a year or so it was pretty empty a lot of the time.

I loved that if you were host you were able to force cockpit view for everyone else if you wanted to, à la iracing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Slow is Fast posted:

And while we're doing a sharing Friday.

I think I'm going to cut back on the drinking for a bit if not completely.

Addiction is defined as continued use in the face of consequences. While I haven't had any egregiously bad consequences... I'm just not liking how I've felt and my relationship to alcohol lately. I've been on a roll of getting rid of things and people in my life. Trying to de-clutter as much as I can and give away so much poo poo. I'm thinking of trying to keep this positive momentum going.
Nice. Ill halfway join you and stop drinking when I'm by myself. Still gotta drink when I hang out with my family though. Required.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Don't chiropractors specialize in back issues..?

Yeah, she gave me a book of all the stretches and exercises I can do both at home and at work.

Also, Taco Bell breakfast is loving dope.
Orthopedic doctors specialize in the skeletal system, and your spine. Call one of them up.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Back problems are basically the worst. I pulled a muscle in my back last year and was out for a few weeks, and as that healed I started getting extremely bad sciatica nerve pain. My right leg and foot were had a numb pins & needles feeling for weeks while it got better. Rolling over in bed was a 2 minute ordeal, I disgustingly had to pee in a few bottles because walking to the bathroom was too painful. Wiping up after #2 was not happening, I just had to take a shower every time I went. When I walked on crutches it felt like my spine was a needle and would break into 2 pieces at any moment.

What gave me this excruciating pain for 4+ weeks? I bent down to clean up some coffee and came up too fast. Thats it.

Be careful with your back, you need it for stuff.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

The M5 came with a hideous radio head unit. The rest of the stereo install is decent and will likely stay but I need a head unit that matches the rest of the car. Are there any companies that make head units that look like mid/late 80's BMW style but would function with a newer audio install? Basically I don't want a big screen, a bunch of lights and graphics.
Speaking of bimmers I'm just curious, did you ever put those bmw sticker stripes on anything?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Comrade Flynn posted:

It's me. I have the best taste in color.
Get rid of that lovely knockoff lambo door hinge, poser.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I missed device chat, but the best phone I ever had was my iPhone 4S. Everything about it was brilliant for its time and it felt the best as well. The only thing that got me to upgrade to iPhone 5 was LTE. I really wish the iPhone 6 didn't become so thin and drat light. I am forced to buy a case for it (which I have never used on any of my previous 5 iPhones) because the stupid lens sticks out from the back. The thing I enjoy about the 6 is battery life and Slow-mo videos. That is about it.

Finished my cabinet install Friday at like 3:00 AM. Being pedantic about everything being level and bolted together properly makes for a long install. I installed one of those LED shop lights from Costco to the bottom of the upper cabinets and the lighting is perfect. I will get more proper photos done soon. Old 42" flat screen will be mounted on a swivel on the left wall with a spare Apple TV connecting it to everything. Need to hide the wires, etc. I have some race banners to hang up and generally more organizing and filling the cabinets up. Really happy with the work space. It is a 72" long work top. Cannot WAIT to get out there an enjoy it.

I would look forward to my cars breaking down if I had a neat little garage like that. Nice!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

n'thing this.

I hate to say it, but if you have smoked within the walls of your dwelling, all of your poo poo smells like weed, including your body if you're even a semi-regular user. Doesn't matter if you make $400k a year at a white-collar CEO job, or if you make $15k a year at mcdonald's in the slums. You all smell.

Weed/Tobacco/Heroin/whatever smokers think they're covering up their smell by doing certain things, but it's like that one kid you had in class with BO who claimed he didn't smell it, or people with cats (I am one myself) - when you're around a smell for even a few hours, your brain/nose shuts off detection of it, and that smell becomes part of your "neutral baseline." You ain't fooling anybody but yourself.

Sorry, man. It's the same with my litterbox, or your great aunt's cigarettes.
You can smoke weed without smelling. Its the smoke lingering in the air that will get you. If you're able to, put a box fan in a window blowing outside. Don't use your fingers to load bowls, use something like a guitar pick. This is advice for glass usage though. Doesn't really apply to joints/cigarettes.

Source: I made 29k and lived at home when I smoked weed.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tide posted:

I gotta disagree with that. Much like cigarette smoke, weed is so pungent that I don't think you can ever escape that smell, no matter how much you try.

Not really. I mean yeah if youre leaving buds all over your desk and you just let the bowl burn after taking a hit the odor might sneak out. But if you keep your weed in a container, and cover the bowl with something metal immediately after taking a hit, and then exhale towards the window* there is nothing left to linger.

*The important part is the fan inside the window frame, though. If its just an open window you're hosed.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 7, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tide posted:

The fancy words to describe it is "sensory adaptation". Basically, your brain adapts to it, recognizes the constant smell, and essentially discards it so that it can pick up on other smells - mostly in terms of identifying possible threats. You're used to the weed smell (like I am a cigarette smell, for example). Remove that smell for a week, and the next time you're around it, you'll be able to smell it full force.

I've been around enough pot smokers in my life that even though they try the tricks as described above, I can still smell it when I walk in their house.
No, the only time I smell weed is when I open my container or exhale the smoke and that's only for a couple seconds afterward. There is no lingering scent. Im sorry your pothead friends smell because that's no fun but if you're careful you can easily leave no noticeable scent.

e: I smoked daily at home for over 4 years, if my parents would have smelled even the slightest whiff I would've heard about it right away because of my brothers drug problems. The only time it was brought up was when I hurt my back and my mom went through my room to clean it and found my pipe and chewed me out. You can be drat sure she would've done the same thing if she smelled it while walking by my room.

You can tell if you have it properly set up by taking a piece of paper and putting it along the openings of your door. If its blowing inward no one will smell a thing.

VVV Read my edit. :)

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 7, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oh poo poo, you got me excited thinking it was coming out today.

My SSD is only 128, I dont think even after moving GTA:IV and BF4 that Ill have enough space.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Comrade Flynn posted:

I literally (1 hour ago) finished building my new gaming PC. But I can't buy that game for a third time.

OR CAN I?
Haha I did that for IV.

I bought an entire 360 and the game when GTA:IV came out.

Then it came out for PC, but not on steam so I bought it on DVD.

Then it came out on steam, so I bought it again.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

Thinking you don't stank of weed is like thinking your parents didn't know when you masturbated.

Trust me, the only reason people (/your parents) didn't call you out on it is because it would have been awkward.
My parents are not the awkward type, they absolutely would've given me plenty of poo poo if they smelled any at all. They never have in four years. I dont know how this is so hard to comprehend for you, you can absolutely smoke without leaving a scent if you're careful. Your friends obviously had different smoking habits than I did.

edit: Though I'm arguing with someone that wants to shoot people for vandalizing a 2nd gen explorer. Rational!

Comrade Flynn posted:

I need a good suggestion for a game to test out my new PC rig that's not crysis.
BF or Hardline is good. GTA:IV can look pretty amazing with the graphical mods you can download. You can even probably find your exact lambo model to download and play around in.

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Weed smoke only lingers around for a short time. We smoke 2+ blunts a day in the living room and it never smells in the morning.
Sorry dude but nope you're rank as all hell. Fuckin impossible. Your room smells like a skunk now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

angryhampster posted:

Anyone else watching Better Call Saul?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That was a great season. Can't wait for the next.
I saw the first two episodes and it didn't really grab me much. Glad to hear the seasons over with so that I can binge and give it another shot.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

Every single one of you retard fuckers that said anything along the lines of "Watch F&F7 it's self-aware and self-referential and is so bad it's good" are goddamned idiots.

The last movie I walked out of was Meet the Fokkers. I should have walked out of this one. The only reason I stayed was because it's the only building on post with functioning AC
I liked you more when you were the guy that just printed neat little jack stands. You're the first person that didn't have anything good to say about the movie.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So my brothers car started on fire last week. He had some amp wires just sitting on the carpet in his trunk along with a half gallon of motor oil. When he was driving earlier he said his gauges were going crazy and was having other electrical problems and could smell something burning but didn't really look for the problem. Later in the day he went out to get some cigarettes, shouted "my cars on fire!" so I rushed outside. Nothing going on in the cabin expect for smoke, so we popped the hood. Nothing there so we popped the trunk and got blasted with a ton of smoke and we could tell something was sparking in the middle of it all. So we got some fire extinguishers and blasted it but because of the entirely melted motor oil container it kept jumping up and starting a 1 ft high fire. I'm using the extinguisher, my brothers at the engine looking for the battery to disconnect and my fathers calling 911. First responder gets here and they still cant find the battery so I look it up on my phone and the battery is in the drat trunk.

So the fire didn't spread beyond the 1 ft patch or so in the trunk, but the cabin still smelled pretty bad. That lucky gently caress got a $6000 check from his insurance just because the cleaning bill would've been too big.

So he doesn't have any other money, didn't start his new job yet (part time at a deli) and what does is he going to buy today? An awd bmw x5 with 162k miles.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 9, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I don't think these Wendy's Ghost Pepper Fries have real Ghost Peppers in them. Not that spicy.
I swear whenever I start dieting again something so terrible but awesome comes out that I can't eat.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
"O/D off" is flashing in my explorer again. 6 months after a transmission rebuild when it was originally flashing. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Have a one year warranty so hopefully its no big deal.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was late for work today because I had to preorder GTAV so that it would be pre-loaded when I got home. And because the game took up +50% of my SSD I had to delete a few games before I left. Priorities.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

some texas redneck posted:

That's why you put your steam folder on a spinning HDD. :colbert:
Steam sure but what about your games? I try to keep my most played games on the SSD and the less played on a mechanical drive.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mariooncrack posted:

There was an application that allowed you to move steam games between drives. Anything I was currently playing I kept on my ssd and moved it off of there when I started something else.
Yeah, Steam mover. Good stuff.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I can't find anywhere to get these tires mounted right now. Everywhere I've checked either won't let you bring your own or is too backed up with other cars. :argh:
Did you check walmart? They can probably mount a tire reasonably.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Goober Peas posted:

Terrible advice. I wouldn't trust them to even wash my windshield.
I dunno they put tires on for me once and they spin pretty good.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok my bad don't go to walmart unless you need some kraft mac & cheese or something.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GTA:V so far, and yes the dominator has louvers. Screw that crew game Im gonna have fun playing car dress up here.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sometimes I learn too much about AI members. :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its supposed to rain on monday and that makes me not want to wash my car even though I could use it.

I should also do my front brakes, as they're lowish and my car wants to go right when I brake. But lazy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Phone posted:

Nerds with GTA5 for PC: I only have like 100GB free on my SSD; how boned am I? Also I have an Ivy Bridge i5, 8GB of DD3, and a HD7950.

I could buy a 480GB SSD to replace the 240GB one I have, but I don't feel like spending $300 to play a video game right now.
Its 60gb when you download it but it needs more space when it starts to unpack. I think it just needs 90ish though.

My PC is slightly less than yours and I get constant 60fps with 1920x1200 high textures but no AA. I dont mind it without.

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 19, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Phone posted:

Alright, cool. I know that SSD performance degrades significantly when over half of the space is being used.

Does the video card seem like it'll be able to push 50fps at 1920x1200 with everything turned up?
I dunno, I have the same card as you but I havent pushed the settings up much because Im pretty happy with the way the game looks. I dont think you'll be disappointed.

Sir Pukesalot posted:

60,6 GB (65.078.439.936 byte) for the game itself and 9,00 GB (9.671.815.168 byte) for other rockstar files.
Oops. What folder is all that extra stuff in?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sir Pukesalot posted:

Documents > Rockstar Games
3.89mb. Maybe you have some video clips?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeahhhh mandatory raises. Not much but Ill take an extra $38.81 every two weeks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tide posted:

Trying to find a traditional style entertainment center/tv stand with a built in mount at a reasonable price is about like finding a unicorn. They're either cheap as hell and all modern/contemporary or expensive as gently caress all. Or both.
Did you look at big lots?

http://www.biglots.com/p/c/tv-stands/50in-tv-stand-with-mounth

http://www.biglots.com/p/c/tv-stands/44-inch-swivel-black-glass-tv-stand-1

And if you really like the traditional cabinet look: http://www.biglots.com/p/c/tv-stands/54-glass-top-media-tv-stand

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Chairs and couches and mattresses, sure.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Or bar stools, kitchen islands or any tv stand. It's all cheap particle board crap.
None of the three I listed were particle board.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

The couches have particle board parts inside. I have sat on a couch in BL and broken it right there. And their mattresses are garbage.

Seriously, grow up and buy real furniture.
We talkin TV stands yo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Grown ups wall mount their tv's. And most tv stands at BL are indeed particle board garbage.

Cage posted:

None of the three I listed were particle board.
HTH.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
New cats that I bought brand new are defective. I paid $600 for the part and $400 to install it along with some new manifold studs.

Now the cats are rattling because they're defective, if I want to claim my warranty and get a new one I have to pay over $60 to ship it back, and then pay the shop another $200 to install them.

Or since I have new studs now and everything was recently installed I can maybe just swap it out myself.

Or I can just not bother and knock all the honeycomb crap out with a really long screwdriver.

At least those 4 weeks without the rattling were pretty sweet.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pace notes never helped me in the previous dirt games. If I had to I would take a quick glance at the minimap, but otherwise just memorized the tracks. Not that there were ever that many in those games.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just buy new hard drives every 4 years or so while everything is still working great and move everything over. I am basically inching myself down a really thin branch but it hasn't snapped yet so I keep doing it. Im sure one day it will bite me in the rear end.

Also, STR don't post any more pictures of your thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Did anyone else have to google "smoke show" after realizing that they aren't talking about some stoner?

• Locked thread