Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tusen Takk posted:

goatse guy: I'll have to heck out a breed specific adoption gig, that sounds like it could be good :)

yeah exactly, I'm only looking at breeders recommended by the AKC and none of the Web 2.0 breeder sites since I don't want a neurotic inbred dog haha. my mother in laws dog may be that, but since it's a cavachon (bishon frise or however it's spelled and King Charles ) it more than likely isn't and is possible a puppy mill dog :(

I mentioned fostering because you can sign up to watch after a pet who needs a home for a while but you don't have to keep one unless you want to. That way you get to meet animals and know them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Quite A Tool posted:

Just as my dog (who was a Phoenix stray) was getting used to going outside in the rain now that we're in Seattle it loving hails on us for like 30 seconds, she was not impressed.

Did it happen again today?? Or yesterday?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tommychu posted:

Still haven't seen it but I was told to think of it like F&F in space- just don't take it seriously or expect the science to hold water and it's pretty entertaining.

The science of it is good, actually.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

No picture because I'm not at home, but my fiancee just called me and told me that somebody threw eggs (can't figure out if it's real egg or plastic eggs, she was pretty hysterical) filled with paint all over her street-parked white Ford Explorer. She did say that there was actual egg all over it, too.

She doesn't work on the weekends, and is a pretty big introvert, so she has no clue as to when it happened. Could have been this morning, could have been Friday night.

I know it's just some vandalism, but I'm pretty pissed and wish I could be at home right now for no reason other than to sit in the back porch with a pistol or something. I've had my poo poo vandalized before (broken window and stolen identity information a few months ago on the Beetle, for instance) but not being there makes everything worse. It's like Liam Neeson's daughter in Taken, but with "innocence" in place of "daughter," and "paranoid violence" in place of "a special set of skills."

And before you get on my about how it's "just a rusty 1998 explorer," I take care of my poo poo and the paint was the best part of that damned suv.
I still was annoyed when someone through an egg at my 92 Mazda Protege. Beat up car but still insulting.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

When my car was egged the body shop showed me how egg shell actually breaks the clear coat upon impact.

It actually dented my car. It was thrown from an overpass while on the freeway. Good aim, I guess?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

fjelltorsk posted:

My oncologist complemented me on my ability to survive radiation. i guess i am part cocroach. started a new cycle of radiation today, this time its high dose.
I have exactly zero energy now. I have no idea how i am going to get trough this 3x per week the next 12 weeks. I feel like i am putting all the burden of raising our twin boys on the wife. i have spent what little i have of spark in me today to offload non-essential things in my life to others. I own three properties we rent out to mostly students, today i hired a managment firm to deal with it. i also hired a cleaning lady to help us out. I have also taken this first week of the cycle off work.

in other news. LS7 came today, my brother are moving it to my dads farm (where our excuse for a shop is) and i think maybe the turbos should arrive shortly. maybe i can start cleaning up the B in the summer.

oh, and my twins are kinda cool. they have just learned the effect of punching boys/men in the balls. Luckily they practice on each others.

Your friends and family are there to help, don't worry about having them help.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
If there are any Chuck fans here, they released the soundtrack today.
http://smile.amazon.com/Chuck-Television-Series-digital-booklet/dp/B00UMT86S2

No idea why it happened now, but I love it..... I'm a nerd.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's awesome. Did you make the model yourself?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

...dog stories...

My dog would just follow you around drooling :D

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Petango.com, not sure how big they are but worth checking.

There are sometimes local sites like virtualpetadoptions.com for the SF Bay Area.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
hi :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sun's coming up. The perfect time to go for a Sunday drive.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SFH1989 posted:

The NY Auto Show was fun. The new Ford GT looks way better in person.

Whole album: http://imgur.com/a/LwvnU

Who brought all the cop cars?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I remember when it first came out there was a PYF thread where a poster created composite photos by taking a bunch of snapshots and pasting them together. It looked really good.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I get a corded drill if it's going to be used infrequently for that reason. Only the one I have now with a lithium battery I've managed to make last.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Argh the cell phone repair place didn't fix what I asked of them and charged me for what should have been covered under their warranty. Now the speaker doesn't work either. :argh:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cat Terrist posted:

As long as the people I work alongside are good, I aint either.

Working with people you like is a really great thing.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Darchangel posted:

I mentioned Monday that I felt like I'd been run over? Turns out it may not have been spending all day outside, or maybe it was. I felt nauseous after lunch Monday, as well as every damned joint hurting and lots of fatigue, and headed home early from work. Went to bed when I got home. Stomach hurts, like lots of gas, and, well, I have to be careful of farts. Spent all day Tuesday at home, trying to find a way to be somewhat comfortable with an aching stomach. I have no idea what the hell happened. Now it's after midnight, and I cant sleep. Either my tummy hurts, or my back aches. I am such a baby when I'm sick.
I either caught a bug from my brother-in-law or his kids (we were over there for a birthday party on Saturday, and they had been sic earlier in the week), managed to get heat stroke on Sunday, in 70-degree weather, or ate some bad chicken for lunch on Monday. Or any combination of the three.
Send help, the Pepto Bismol does nothing.

Stay hydrated!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
New Star Wars trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LloydDobler posted:

And yes I choked up a tiny bit at the end of that one. God drat.

I giggled with delight. Seriously.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Don't redo the jacks you've done already! As long as you use the same on both ends it doesn't matter! They are 100% the same.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This is what happens when you only have 1 closet in the building with multiple runs over 300'.

What is?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MustardFacial posted:

My wife makes me hang out with her best friend's husband. I can't loving stand the guy, she told me he was a pilot, but apparently he got his licence purely to fly for Air Canada but then didn't get the job so went PR or secretary or some poo poo instead. Turns out he did it not because he likes flying (I could respect that, trying to do something you love as a career) but because he heard the money was good.

Err, becoming a commercial pilot is a pretty expensive thing...?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Where's the Finnish alcoholic guy?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

That is what he gets for what he did to Cooper and Romilly in Interstellar :colbert:

I got angry at him in the theater and without even thinking yelled out "gently caress you" when he blows up the airlock and dies and of course it's at that moment the music stops and the movie is silent. Awkward. Everyone was with me though. :P

edit: I'm glad I got to see it at the only 70mm IMAX in the state.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MustardFacial posted:

A theater near us has one of the few remaining 35mm film projectors in the province, so we went there and saw it.

The film projector is now gone from that screen, although they still have one on the smaller screen. It's been replaced with a laser projection system. Opens tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do what IOC does and use a TI89?

• Locked thread