Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Cats are assholes. Cleaned the carpet in the basement yesterday to the tune of $250. Went down this morning and one of the assholes had poo poo on the carpet. He will probably be a throw rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

West SAAB Story posted:

Does anyone have a good resource/forum for PTSD sufferers? I had a massively bad relapse today, when thought I was finally doing better. No support group exists locally- unless I want to start one.

Again, sorry for being a dick to many of you. I have no excuse for much of how I have acted when it wasn't just drug induced dumbassery, and even then.. I have no intention of making GBS threads up the place.

I would appreciate a pointer- if anyone knows. PMs or email to saviggen at gmails to keep it iff the forums is just fine with me. Thanks.

This isn't getting enough love. I wish I had some resources to help out. Big step is acknowledging the problem. Hope you can get some help man.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Parent :words:.

I love my life though and there are moments that make me remember why I wake up every day and make the choices I do. Just like this from Saturday we had a little block party/Easter egg hunt for all of the kids and it was a laugh riot. Being able to see life from the perspective of my daughter brought up a lot of emotion for me in this little video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNP7HwGfUVQ I had about 15 minutes of raw GoPro video of just her and seeing her run about and her little voice just melted me and my wife. Kids are so great and innocent that you can't help but want things to be magical for them.

I'm with you. we're having a similar struggle, except our eldest is really struggling with a bit of jealousy and ability to sleep through the night (2.5 years old, needs help going to sleep and wakes up at least once through the night usually). Thoroughly frustrating at times, but still totally worth it.

I've never saw the need for a GoPro, but that video may have sealed the deal. She's a total sweetheart, fyi. Good work.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Anyone have a carfax to burn? Someone wants me to run a vin report on my ONE OWNER CAR WITH NO ACCIDENTS for them even though I'm not the one buying the thing. sigh.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Astonishing Wang posted:

There's a guy selling them on SA-mart, ends tomorrow though:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699833

Stupidly, I didn't even think to check there. Sent him a pm. Thanks!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

goatse guy posted:

I might be late but I'm always down to help out with the CarFax cause with my dealer account. I don't have PMs anymore though so you'll have to post them here.

Thanks for the offer - I ended up pm'ing the guy from SA Mart. For <$7, I'll eat that and be shocked and amazed carfax thinks I've ever replaced my turbo. Now where did my pile of receipts go, because I know that's never happened.

In other news. Going to be in Chicago for a few days for work 4/20-23. Maybe a short goony meet up for beer? I'm the least interesting goon on the face of the planet (selling my fun car for a minivan. huzzah) but the potential for fun IS there.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

MonkeyNutZ posted:

DasVolk is obviously cursed; RoadKill just definitively proved Dodge makes a reliable car all while making one of my new favorite episodes.

Truth. That was amazing.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

goatse guy posted:

I've had several cars with clean Carfaxes and accidents on the Autocheck, and the other way around. It's best to pull both if you're worried.

A PPI will tell you way more than either of those either could, but customers have been trained to believe that the CarFax is the end-all be-all of car history and the only important thing.

I grabbed the autocheck as well, yay for the wilcox hole.

And safety dance, will do.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

MrChips posted:

5 days left to get your Sheep Game entries in! Participation has been on the low side for this one...the more people we have in the game, the better the results. As it is right now, with 26 players, we don't really have enough for the game to work properly - we need at least 40 for that.

Come play today! It only hurts for a second!

Damnit goons, you better not ruin another good thing....:argh:

Also, did someone say boob christmas? :sonia:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

The Locator posted:

So March 15th was the last day that I didn't work at least 8 hours (it was an autocross day), and it's finallly caught up with my old, out of shape self. Just completely exhausted, even though the work isn't physically demanding (I'm a software QA guy), staring at XML 12 hours a day just wears me out. I don't think I've had a day without my eye muscles twitching and a headache for the last two weeks.

Today I took a sick day and plan to do absolutely nothing but mess around playing games and watching the last season of Game of Thrones that I've had on the counter for a month now. I might read a bit of an old fashioned book too, and take a nap.

This is where you say "YOUR MOVE, SHITLORD"

Meh. I should do something about lunch, but I can't be motivated today apparently.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

The Locator posted:

I should clarify that while I had way too much poo poo to do, and not enough time to do it in, I would absolutely not have gotten in trouble for not working the stupid hours I've been working. The hours were all on me because I knew that stuff needed to get done, and if I didn't do it, the likelihood of someone else actually stepping up to make sure it got done was basically zero. We've locked down the release since it pushes to production on Friday, so today would have been double checking stuff or looking at projects for the next release, which are all behind on the documentation side because this release was such poo poo.

I give it about a 60/40 chance that my manager's boss won't even let me use a PDO day for today, and will throw it into a general admin bucket on the time reporting.

Nice! It was more a comment for you towards AI however, because I was jealous of your lackadaisical plan for the day. Admittedly, I don't have any supremely pressing deadlines of my own, nor do I have bosses that care enough to track my PTO - so it's all a wash for me were I to do something similar. I just want to be lazy and do things not at the computer for a bit now that the weather has been pretty drat nice for a few days and things are starting to turn green.

edit: It was a harrowing couple of minutes, but lunch issues resolved. nachos... mmmmmmmm.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 15, 2015

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

CUV update:

I got some feedback from the wife about what she is looking for in a CUV. She basically wants a taller version of her previous cars. Something which she describes "let's me go "Shoom!" past everyone else". Here is every car she's owned:

- Mini Cooper S
- Honda Civic Type R
- Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor
- My MKV VW GTI (what she drives now)

So I guess my options are to either get one of the previous gen Forester XT's, or mod the poo poo out of say a Tiguan, or a CRV or something. I'm pretty happy about this.

Tremek opened my eyes to early model porsche cayennes... I mean, if you want to go bonkers insane. I was sorely tempted until I started thinking about regular $300 oil changes.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

I thought about them as well until I googled them and looked at common issues.

Pocket full of goddamn nopes.

At this point, most of them should have happened/been resolved. Coolant pipes (plastic replaced with aluminum IIRC). Coil Packs being essentially a wear item. not "terrible" but, you're buying a drat porsche.

Edit: In my case, it would be an occasional kid runner and not exactly a DD. The minivan would be the normal kid runner. So it's a bit easier for me to stomach if I'm only doing oil changes at max 2x a year.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

My knees have never been great, but man have i turbofucked my right one tonight. Cant put any weight on it without pretty gnarly pain unless I lock it out. Which is awesome becausethe 6month old is feeling crappy and not sleeping well, needs to be held/rocked occasionally and im trying not to make the mrs. deal with it ALL night... gently caress.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Chicagoons - I have arrived and in need of food. Help a car-less goon find some decent food. Any good burger joints near The Mart?

Edit: going to head towards this place called "vinyl". Will report back.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 21, 2015

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Dinner was a moderate success. Pulled pork, Hefeweizen and people watching.

Hotel internet is loving terrible though. Thank god for cellular capable tablets.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Congrats!

I'm currently on my way to Chicago. 80 is boring.

I'm currently in Chicago. Chicago is boring (but really only because I'm stuck in the office).

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Welp, someone is going to pay a reasonable price for the lgt. Time to go soul destroying...errrr, minivan shopping.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It's 3am and I just want to fall asleep.

Im with you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress yes. Pay day. Raise went through and withholdings lowered a bit. :feelsgood:

• Locked thread