Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Once you figure out what breed you're looking for if you need info on breeders let me know. Mom breeds dogs and is on the road showing them most weekends, she knows the top breeders for every drat breed as well as the ones to avoid.
I want another Rhodesian Ridgeback. I'll take any suggestions, doesn't need to be show quality (read: show quality price) but well bred is good.
Because counter surfing is fun. Had one growing up, I swear that dog ate more meatloafs and casseroles than we did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

mmm.
Sharing time.

Well I have a 2nd date tonight.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Goober Peas posted:

Wow. Goons giving medical advice and slamming TopGear.

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality.
I got tired of top gear many years ago. Still go for an ocasional laugh, but the jokes are all old and stale.

Haha, lets do another race of whacky vehicles. Wow, this scenery is beautiful. Bleh, another guest I don't recognize.
Its not bad, and the jokes are still funny, but its all been done already.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Das Volk posted:

I found out that my new Viper is about to roll off the assembly line. Looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks.
Didn't you already have a viper?

Buy an i8 or something. I want a review.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

So I took your guys recommendation and checked out some shelters, and lo and behold, we found a Lab/Husky/German Shepherd mix. We're picking him up tomorrow after I get off work :3:

My brother and sister in law already got his little brother :D
DOGGIE!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Car chat.
Had to pick an SSD for work yesterday, so a trip to BB over lunch. On my way out I see a really odd old rear end car in front of me. Grab the guy's attention at the stop to find out WTF it is.
He told me, but who here can ID it?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Motronic posted:

Isn't it just a squareback? Or is it some super rare variant non-VW people don't know about?
yes just a squareback. But I'd never seen one before. :/
'67. Really good condition, but no gloss on the paint at all.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

My kid puts himself to bet at 10:00-10:30, I never go to bed prior to 11:30, generally because I'm doing something and my brain doesn't want to settle. We tried early bed times, and he just rolled around his room, never bothered us, but he consistently fell asleep around ~10PM

That is fine with me, because I remember not wanting to sleep as a kid prior to roughly that same time, I'd lay in bed for hours unable to really settle.
When I was a kid I'd get banished to my bedroom and lights off at 9.
My official solution was to play Legos or read right in the doorway with light from the hallway until I got tired.
Usually sometime around 1-2AM.

25 years later and I'm not much better at getting to sleep. :/

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Blood transfusions would be a good idea. Nothing like standing there then coming to a few minutes later wondering wtf just happened. If you do this in the Emergency room you do get rushed to the front of the line which is kind of nice.

Hang in there.
Did that at work one day. Got a little lightheaded, tried to grab another co-worker to help the customer I was with, and woke up about 2-3 minutes later with a busted lip and a bunch of very concerned folks staring down at me. I was told I kind of went to my knees before faceplanting on the industrial carpet over concrete.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

So I went to my interview this morning, felt like I bombed it, and they said they had more candidates to interview, and would call me later this afternoon to let me know.

Not even two hours later I get a call from them, I got the job! :toot:

It's not the job I was hoping to get, and I still have an interview with a larger, hopefully higher paying outfit this week, but this means I can put my two weeks in at Qdoba.
NO MORE COOKING OR WASHING DISHES :toot: :toot: gently caress YES!!
Congrats.
The feeling you get from making the jump from retail/food to a real job is a wonderful one.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Cut his truck off?
Dont know.
I'd probably start yelling too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Paid off my school loan yesterday! :toot:
Grats dude.

June kills mine. Gots 5k left of CC debt that'll be gone in November and then I'm done.
Of course, buying a new car in September. :/

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

That might just be the most idiotic stat ever.
If you cap deductions at, x, the worst hit zip codes are the ones with the largest deviation from x.
HOLY poo poo THE MATH THAT MUST TAKE.

And yes. Interest deductions reduce the net cost of houses. But it doesn't reduce it below the sticker price, it just reduces how much beyond the sticker price you end up paying.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

If you can afford an 800k home, you can afford to pay taxes on more of your income. it gives scale to how immense these giveaways are.
Tell that to anyone who wants to live in S.F. or NYC.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Mat_Drinks posted:

Sometimes I enjoy drinking Rainier beer (Northwest PBR), or I eat cake from a boxed mix. Sometimes it's nice to not have to think hard and just enjoy some light fiction.

Jedi Search Triology is up next, and then I need to pick up the Thrawn trilogy.

While I'm sharing, I also enjoyed the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds, which I realize is a nearly capital offense. I'm ready for my public stoning AI.
Jedi search is bad. Go straight to Thrawn.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Great Beer posted:

I took the A+ a couple of years ago and it was still asking a wide variety of questions on floppy disks, among other old tech poo poo that Ive never used again and can't remember. Printer stuff mostly. I'd say its easy but parts of it are so out of date that it wrapped back around to being hard.
Took the A+ in October. 0 study, almost perfect scores, 2% relevant to today's systems.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Wolf spiders and Jumping spiders are the ones you WANT in the house.
And yet all I ever find are daddy long legs.
A million of them. :/

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Friar Zucchini posted:

And here's another thing. At 70 mph, my Suburban is doing 2,500 RPM with the torque converter locked up. And it's supposedly got an extra-short 4.10 rear end. But the Focus (five speed) is doing almost 3,000. Guess that would explain the lower highway fuel economy than the auto (36 vs 40, or 38 with flappy paddles), and also the :rice: in first gear.
I just find it hard to believe they still haven't given the (non-ST) Focus a 6M yet. Jesus christ ITS 2015!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Hey, I like XP.
We've found the source of your problems.

Your OS being a rebellious teen. Put it down.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

General_Failure posted:

Holy poo poo when did Kerbal Space Program 1.0 come out?

Aaaand the patcher won't progress past 0%. Urgh gently caress you random internet thing.
Pretty sure it was today.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

The Locator posted:

So today was day one of my road trip to Miller Motorsports Park.

Taking the scenic route via 89/89a. Drove all day like a responsible adult using the cruise control to stay at+4 or 5 of the limit. For the first time in my life, stopping at all the little roadside views and monuments, taking pictures. Stopped at a viewpoint on the strip north of the Grand Canyon where you can walk up and see way into Utah before starting down the 6% grade and chilled for a bit, then headed down the hill hoping for some nice twisties. I discovered that the road is way too mellow to have fun on without going really fast so I stuck it in 3rd and just coasted.

At this point, probably 30 miles from the nearest habitation, coasting nice and gentle down the hill, a highway patrolman comes around the corner going the opposite direction and lights me up. The only spot in my entire day long drive that I'm speeding.

56 in a 40. gently caress.

All day before this, and for the rest of the drive to my hotel, I'm getting passed by dozens of people going way the hell over the limit, but that was the only cop I saw for the entire drive.

This is why I never play games of chance for anything of value.
Nice story.
Not sure I believe you.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God drat I have no will-power. Just dropped $65 on a blast white NGC MS63 1904-O Morgan Dollar even though my rent and utilities (and weed) are all due today. I have enough money to pay it all but it basically leaves me with just enough money for groceries and gas until next pay day. Impulse purchases suck when you are in tons of debt and live paycheck to paycheck but I had to scratch the itch. At least it is shiny. :heysexy:
YNAB thread is here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599364
Get it, use it, have more willpower.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Wally Joyner posted:

GtaV tempted me to do the same by not only dropping dime on the game, but a new rig to play it. The adult Wally J decided I care more about expensive whiskey and other adulterants these days. Plus I'm trying to teach myself solid works so I can make car parts at work, and I can't imagine how many hours would disappear if I built a new system.
Congrats on being an adult and making grown up level decisions.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm working a theater cross promotion for Avengers 2 tonight and one of the employees here is dressed as Black Widow and she is wearing the tightest tights and it's really loving distracting how nice her butt looks.
You should tell her that, not us. Unless you have pictures. Then show us so we can tell you to tell her how nice her butt looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Taking pictures of a girls butt is a level of creep I'm not ready to go to yet.
Tell her you told the internet she's hot and the internet wanted proof.

• Locked thread