Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Outside of Jane, the smartass doctor, and the episode "Model," there wasn't much to like about last season.

This episode, however, was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

Some might call the beginning of Episode 2 lovely
I am throwing tomatoes at my monitor after reading this, you fucker

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

For me, Rappaport's rear end in a top hat cop schtick (and later, "crying child who wants his toy" schtick) was so over-the-top it just made me laugh, instead of making me hate the character.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That episode was great. Did Louie get pegged back there?

Stare-Out posted:

Also there are only eight episodes this season because originally Louie was going to take another long-rear end break after last season, but got high literally one night before FX was going to announce the break, came up with "great" ideas, got in touch with the president of FX and told him to not announce the break and said he could do the (shorter) season sooner, now armed with all these great ideas. Then he woke up and realized that his pot-addled ideas were poo poo (having to do with the return of Doug Stanhope's "Eddie" character, now a successful investment banker and him and Louie opening up a comedy club together) so he hastily wrote this season because he was basically bound to do it and he couldn't just say no because a lot of people depend on the show being made.
ahaha nice. Well at least this season is much better than the last one.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That episode was Groundhog Day combined with Nightmare on Elm Street, with the ending of Super Mario Bros. 2 thrown in for good measure. An absolute masterpiece.

JoshGuitar posted:

I had to rewind my DVR and listen to Jane's monologue at the doctor's office 3 times. It's been mentioned several times what a phenomenal actress she is for her age, and that was a really compelling performance.
Jane and the wiseass doctor were the highlights of last season. Go figure that they appear in this episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That wasn't a slumber party as much as it was an eight-girl force of nature.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

welp i can't approve of Louie as a TV show anymore because of the antics of its title character. guess i can never watch another episode ever again

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

in the interest of fairness it is a little bit more than that
I'm still going to watch the last two episodes of the season regardless of what some Gawker thinkpiece (which I'm not going to read, because it's Gawker) says about his misconduct.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What can I say, I'm always working to make the world a little worse :twisted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

Louis C.K definitely writes the show from the traditional male viewpoint that someone can fix broken/hurt/upset ladies with their dick. People having that mindset is not usually a good sign.
Please point me to a thinkpiece that explains this topic further so I can quote it and say "I'm not reading this pseudo-intellectual bullshit."

The entire point of a TV show, movie, song, or other medium of entertainment is to entertain. If someone is wasting their energy writing a thousand angry words on a topic that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter at all (especially when you measure it up against the world's myriad actual problems), then they're not worth listening to. It's OK to do this when there's actual objectionable content within the medium or within the creator's thought process, but more often than not, it's about imprinting your values on something that isn't there.

Edit: This explains it better than I can. Yeah, it's on a Gawker website, but Drew Magary isn't the average Gawker writer. However, please ignore the link to Jezebel article about how the new Mad Max movie is "so feminist my scrotum killed itself," that's exactly the kind of phenomenon we need less of on the internet.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 19, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

And in all fairness, Louis C.K. looks just like the kind of person who would do what he did. But I'm still watching the last two episodes of the season regardless.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Didn't Cosby come out with his first response to the accusations last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I've only seen bits and pieces of the first three seasons, but the episodes I saw were pretty drat good. The late-night trilogy in Season 3 is still one of my favorite episodes of the show as a whole.

Season 4 was the first season I watched all of as it aired, and I didn't like it. That one scene with Pam has been discussed to death, but I also wasn't a fan of the "give a fat girl a chance" speech at the end of "So Did the Fat Lady." It was agreeable, but it had all the subtlety and preachiness of the end of your average after-school special. I think the reason why people gave it such praise was because that topic hadn't really been talked on TV before that episode, so there wasn't any competition to defer to. The rest of the season just wasn't all that great either, barring the smartass doctor and certain moments with Jane.

Season 5 was a nice return to form, though.

I'd go so far as to say watch the first three seasons and the fifth season. The fourth season is optional, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Locked thread