Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fun Times! posted:

Last night's episode was hilarious. Louie getting back on the tram the second the kid leaves his sight was perfect.

That was a solid episode; it had me simultaneously thinking, "Louie's such an rear end in a top hat to everyone" and recognizing that when in a foul mood, I can be just like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

cheerfullydrab posted:

That episode was good, I feel like the guy dying was kind of tacked on just to make sure you knew you were watching Louie.

edit: posted something dumb

I thought his dying symbolized the death of the fart joke/toilet humour for Louie.
That is, even though fart jokes and other obvious crudity will get an instant laugh or guffaw from any audience whether aged 5 or 50, it's not real comedy in that there is no originality, it provides no insights and breaks no new ground. In this way fart jokes are about on the same level as stealing jokes (shown in previous episode).

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 30, 2015

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rapsey posted:

Fart jokes are just the lowest common denominator. Like Pop music. Equating it with stealing jokes is strange.

They are both forms of humour depicted and disapproved by Louie in consecutive episodes. Sure it's strange but he's a strange dude.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

I thought Louis did like farts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJHNYueoUo

Anyway the finale didn't really do anything for me unfortunately, I liked the previous episode better. I was quite tired though so I'll try rewatching it later.

Watch this Talking Funny discussion before rewatching, might give you a different perspective. And even if it doesn't change your opinion it's worth viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKY6BGcx37k

• Locked thread