Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So both KFC and Uber product placement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

InfiniteZero posted:

Deft analysis! I know I am jarred from a show when somebody uses anything that actually exists, especially ubiquitous stuff.

I'm not usually, but I was this time, so I thought I'd mention it.

Also, gently caress you.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was good.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was funny, too.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jewmanji posted:

This is one of the best analyses I've read of Louie yet. It really reminds me that even when Louis CK seems to be just making GBS threads around having fun with the show, he's still putting enough subtext into it to qualify as a bona-fide prestige drama, and that even when the only organizing principle of the show seems to be disorder, he's still being very deliberate about every shot.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2015/05/louie_season_5_the_surprising_evolution_of_louis_ck_s_philosophy_of_love.html

I think it does an incredible job of explaining the shows obsession with gender fluidity and how it affects Louie's relationship with Pamela.

Holy poo poo was that a good read.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

upon any kind of lyrical scrutiny

I dream of little monsters,
crawling up my leg.
I fear they'll come again,
if I go to bed.
I wish that something else would,
be in my dreams.
Here come those little monsters,
crawling up my leg.
I dream of dying babies,
and why do they smile?
I hate those dying babies,
why don’t they just die?
Their smiling faces,
give me diarrhea.
Please die, you dying babies,
in my diarrhea.
My dreams,
my dreams,
my dreams...

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was funny when it just jumped up on the doctor's desk and sat there in the light, but suddenly jumping out of the darkness and attacking it was nightmare fuel alright.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought this episode dove off a cliff in terms of quality compared to the rest of this season, but I'm trying to withhold judgement since it is a two-parter.

I liked the topical bit about keeping your genitals covered, and how he thinks that is a weird thing for people to do, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

It's sad because my enjoyment of Louie's material was somehow dependent upon him being an avatar of moral purity and righteousness.

• Locked thread