Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Meowbot posted:

my fuckin god I love season 5 of louie ... the part about the hot pour in episode 7 had me laughin for fuckin hours

how was season 4 3 2 and 1? if someone is liking season 5 should go back and watch the rest of the seasons?

Dear Lord, yes. The show didn't really hit its stride until season 2, but seasons 2-5 of Louie are IMO among the greatest masterpieces of television. The show is just completely original, experimental genius.

BTW I think the first nightmare in "Untitled" (where Louie wakes up in his apartment and goes to answer the door) might be the best, most authentic dream sequence I've ever seen in film. From the absurd dialog ("Oh no" when there's a knock at the door, as if he knows it's something bad), the eerie silence/stillness, the incredible make-up work on the monster and the motion speed up when it attacks, everything about it is the closest I've seen to capturing the feeling of having a nightmare. The dream sequences after this one were a bit more flawed.

Voyaging fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread