Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked the episode because everyone knows That Guy, an abrasive rear end in a top hat you don't want to hang out with, but he kind of knows it. The fact that Louis CK had That Guy also be a cop just makes it more awkward, and he has a talent for portraying awkward people.

My only problem with store owner in the beginning is that I wish Louie had gone back to his original point: Don't treat the customer like poo poo. She had some points with her generation doing alright for themselves, but he still had a very valid point as a customer. Her playing the race card too just made her more annoying. It was an interesting bookend though - two different kinds of assholes Louie will tolerate, and they both push him far enough that he has to say something about it, but then caves because he doesn't want to fight that hard for it.

I missed the standup in this one too. It's conspicuous by its absence when he doesn't have a comedy show segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rapaport played a great dick, but man I would've loved to see Bill Burr in that role.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I might be broken because everyone I know who saw this episode thought the tiny-eyed naked man was creepy and scary as hell, but I couldn't stop laughing every time he was on screen. When he suddenly jumped out of the darkness outside Louie's door I was laughing so hard I had to pause it. I'm still laughing just thinking about that scene.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ChesterJT posted:

I wish they'd do something with it because it kind of goes back and forth. That daddy stuff comes across as so fake and makes it clear she's making all this stuff up for attention but then other times like the subway and stuff it seems she has no real grasp on reality (even for a child that age). Seems disjointed.

It's disjointed because there's deliberately a lack of continuity between most episodes, and only when he feels like it. He works on themes across seasons often, but if something doesn't carry over between episodes it doesn't necessarily matter. It's just a different story he wants to tell.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tranquilitaayooo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not giving any credence to rumors of him deliberately preying on someone until it's more than "so-and-so said something to a friend of a friend", but I would totally believe that he's capable of bringing someone back to his hotel room and misinterpreting the encounter as sexual. But that's more awkward and embarrassing than predatory, and Louis CK is generally an awkward and embarrassing dude.

http://i.imgur.com/Pc9yBBz.gifv

I still keep laughing at the Awful Being. I think what really takes it from creepy to hilarious for me is that it looks up right before the scene cuts, like it's not necessarily attacking him, but instead it's confused and has no choice.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chromatic posted:

Who knew Buzz from Home Alone was kind of a good actor.

He's good in Blue Ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One of my favorite sight gags in the entire series is in early season 2 when Pam takes him apartment hunting. Louie looks out the window to see an old homeless man standing on the sidewalk, then a black car pulls up and two men in black suits abduct him and replace him with an identical old homeless man. It's the perfect example of how surreal this show is.

• Locked thread