Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So glad his relationship with Pamela didn't carry over into this season and we're back to fantastic awkwardness every time he hooks up with someone. The scene with the surrogate lady may have been my favorite since Blueberries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

SaltLick posted:

I love the natural absurdity.

I think my all time favorite was the news anchors saying gibberish and no one bats an eye
My favorite's still his daydream in the subway about the mystery puddle on the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Mpn4zYlAA

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Jake Armitage posted:

I feel like that was more of that same "hey lets suck some young demo dick"
well yes obviously but which specific reddit groups was he trying to suck up to come on jake you're slipping here

I love all the specific poo poo you know about this show, like who Louis CK is trying to appeal to in any given scene, what he was thinking when he wrote something, or whether that woman from the opening really owns her own store. I wish I was as good at watching TV as you but I'm glad you're here to illuminate all these details about a show I just enjoy watching because I never know where an episode is gonna go.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 25, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

It's at the beginning of Elevator Part 6 (the Hurricane Jasmine Forsythe episode).

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That story's amazing and I'm glad he didn't end up doing another multi-episode thing this season where he's a club owner but the bigger news is that he'll both start shooting the show again later this year and that he's directing his first movie in 15 years in 2016.

Frostwerks posted:

That's it. You know the park?
No idea.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That was easily one of my top 3 episodes. Wild applause.

quote:

anyway it's about this guy and he wears white clothes and a bowler hat and he goes around beating people up with his gang but then he gets caught and they try to make him a better person by like prying his eyes op-

YOU SAW CLOCKWORK ORANGE!?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

Jane and the wiseass doctor were the highlights of last season. Go figure that they appear in this episode.
Yeah, I love when the kid who plays Jane gets to shine. Next week's episode is appearantly about her hosting her own sleepover so that should be great. (Although the summary for this ep was "Jane goes to the doctor", so who knows).

Also after that eps 7 and 8 are gonna be another two-parter about Louie on the road.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 9, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, like when she got off the subway because she thought she was still dreaming.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

"Look at all these famous actors I can get to do small parts on my show!" :smuggo:

Louis CK is a boob.
He was taking his daughter to a pretentious play in New York. Lots of famous actors do pretentious plays in New York, so he had some famous actors in that scene.

Also all the actors in question (Lithgow, Close, Cera, Broderick) did star in actual Broadway plays recently.

I swear this show attracts the weirdest loving criticisms.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 15, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Tranquilitaayooo
"I'll send everybody home!"
"No you won't"
"Yes I will, Afghanistan!"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

What's a hot-pour bun?
That's where you eat the bun and then put your mouth under the spigot and I just pour the syrup right in there.

The timing where she cuts him off right before he sighs and orders it was excellent.

qbert posted:

This was one of those random stream-of-consciousness episodes that he probably wrote in half an hour.
It's a two-parter, next week is probably gonna be about his week in Charlotte. Looking forward to seeing who they'll have as his roommate / feature act (I don't think the agent mentioned a name).

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 22, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Wow, I loving hate Florentine but, once again, he was great in this. This show is guest-star magic.

... and now it's back to waiting for more episodes. :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Nah, in the interview where he talks about how season 5 is shorter because he hosed up when he got high he also said he'll start working on season 6 later this year. There'll definitely be less of a break this time.

IMDB also says he's working on a movie written with and starring Pamela Adlon, don't know if that's the movie he wants to do next year or something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Even if the relationship arcs in season 4 aren't your bag there's still multiple Charles Grodin scenes and the episode where he opens for Seinfeld and punches an astronaut's daughter's eye out. And Hurricane Jasmine Forsythe.

• Locked thread