Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
what the heck my account was inactive for 3 years and it got deleted, all my icons are gone. :mad:

I think 1v1 or 2v2 is best, by the way.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

epic tier:
- crypt lord
- warden
- blade dancer (whatever the orc guy with wind walk is)

good tier:
- lich
- demon hunter
- the human guy on the horse

okay tier:
- death knight
- vampire lord
- far seer

crap tier:
- everything else

lol at this guy who never ran Tauren Chieftan w/ raiders (and maybe some shamen I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

I like anything but 1v1 just because 1v1 is going to be very lopsided. I want to see someone legitimately good get paired up with 3 baddies and get totally hosed over and lose in the first round

3v3 is the biggest melee game size that's fun, if you do 4v4 with a good player + 3 scrubs it'll probably just be "hey retards get a firelord with lava spawn" or whatever. Cheese is fun/funny but it's better when it isn't everything i m o.

You're right that 1v1 would be too lopsided though, yeah.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

early ladder 3v3 strats are hilarious: pick undead tech to frost wyrms kill everyone with an army of 30 and no other unit

well high level 3v3 strats are more like pick undead, get a dreadlord and 2 deathknights then swarm ghouls all over the other guys before they can do anything.

Undead was kinda OP.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

You wouldn't say that if you'd played Undead vs Orc.

Comparing other races to Orc isn't remotely fair.

Imagine that picture of 2 pokemon and a GEP gun except with undead/night elf and Orc.

Humans are sitting in the sad corner.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 2, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

darealkooky posted:

In another lifetime when I gave a gently caress about warcraft 3 meta undead was pretty bad and humans were pretty awesome because they had a bunch of aoe heroes and slow/priests

why are they bad?

Humans' main problem is that their early game is pretty bad compared to the other races'. Their heroes in particular are pretty bad early on so if there isn't a tavern on the map to get a Tinker or Firelord or what have you, fast expanding (which is a big deal to Humans) is really risky. Ivory towers and mini town halls in TFT helped though.

Just as an example compare Paladins to Shadow Hunters, Death Knights and Keepers of the Grove.

Paladin Vs. Death Knight

Death Knight stats are either identical or better vs. Paladin's (they have like 2 less armor for 50 more move speed)

Holy Light is better for healing than Death Coil is but Death Coil is a better nuke so call it even
Unholy Aura is ridiculously good
Death Pact killing a unit isn't an issue because ghouls are cheap in a pinch and the rod of necromancy summons 2 skeletons
Animate Dead is basically straight up better than Resurrection.

Humans' strength is in their spellcasters and air units but air units are really easy to counter. Priests and Sorceresses are just really good in general though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 2, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Zoness posted:

Dude do you even know what you're talking about -

I was probably just below or above the level of play you're talking about. :shrug:

Man I miss Warcraft 3.

Anyways if anyone wants to play some war 3 before this add me on steam (steamcommunity.com/id/ItsSafeNow)

Adam Bowen posted:

Although it doesn't really seem like anyone is interested anyway, as far as I can tell there are a few people who acknowledge having Warcraft 3 but only myself and the penetrator have actually said we'd play.

I will play.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 2, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Was Tides of Blood the one with like the Gargoyle hero with a death laser and smashed into dudes with stone form? That was rad.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think that was ToB or EotA. EotA was great because it had a character who's gimmick was that he stunned you and caused you to drop random piles of your money everywhere along with a randomly generated consumable. It also had lots of LoL style stat scaling so that was a thing I guess.

Yeah I think it was EotA.

Nasgate posted:

Give you a skin for the main war 3 heroes in HotS if you buy wc3. Boom, money.

The skins are like 20 bucks each though lmao

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What was that topdown shooter? It was some sort of word-for-destruction tournament. That game owned.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Problem with Island Troll Tribes is that it was hard to get a game where there was 2 tribes that could actually compete with each other.

Also: Jurassic Park Survival owned.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I played a game of Space Station 13 and got real sad when I remembered how it feels like an incredibly nerdy shadow of the fun and action in Parasite 2.

Parasite 2 (or Metastasis depending on the version) owned.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
We're gonna be on USEast Azeroth right?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So everyone's offline already huh?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Lordaeron lol wtf

I even went and won a few games on Azeroth so i could have a fancy non peon icon but I see how it is.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gannyGrabber posted:

I just want to point out I killed every other player, and only quit cuz you guys said I had to. I woulda beat computer(easy)!!!

you couldnt watch Computer(Easy)'s stream so I think you'd lose.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gannyGrabber posted:

Listen he posted the link and told us to watch the stream, so I did. Everything's fair in love and warcraft 3.

This is me after winning... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKBLf-crl0Y

grannyGrabber posted:

he guyys dark deeds is cool

2 minutes later posted:

you'll never guess who the monster is!!!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gannyGrabber posted:

I never said dark deeds was cool. Dark deeds is poo poo!!!

Let's not say things that we can't take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Parasite 2 and Dark Deeds are like Space Station 13, except fun.

Jurassic Park Survival is a Good Map too.

• Locked thread