Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

You wouldn't say that if you'd played Undead vs Orc.

rofl the undead vs orc 1v1

Anatharon posted:

Humans' main problem is that their early game is pretty bad compared to the other races'. Their heroes in particular are pretty bad early on so if there isn't a tavern on the map to get a Tinker or Firelord or what have you, fast expanding (which is a big deal to Humans) is really risky. Ivory towers and mini town halls in TFT helped though.

Dude do you even know what you're talking about - Humans had easily the strongest opening in TFT ladder on any non-poison map barring moon levels of night elf control. Cheap farms on top of militia movespeed meant you had a scout advantage over almost anyone too. I mean if by weak early game you mean a blademaster can ruin a bad human player's day sure but FE strats are so hard for anyone to stop. Road to Stratholme and Terenas Stand were basically perfect for fast expands.

Archmage is also like, a key hero to fast expanding because the water elementals are there to tank for your militia. I'm pretty sure Lost Temple (the main ladder map w/out a tavern) race winrates were Human > Orc > UD = NE

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

i played me some undead and lemme tell you, i cried me some tears into lord deathstrom's muscular arms

if I ever made it to tier 2 as UD vs Orc I made sure to bm him constantly because he was probably not using his bm properly!

tier 3 was the dream though

Granted if you made it to tier 3 you were probably playing against an orc that didn't know how to use any of his units.

Anatharon posted:

Humans' strength is in their spellcasters and air units but air units are really easy to counter. Priests and Sorceresses are just really good in general though.

Also priests are mediocre, sorceresses are great, siege engines are the best. The greatest strength for humans was their ability to fast expand and then transition to any kind of counter unit.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 2, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
anyway i'd prob try to reinstall to play but only for 1v1's if it's ladder and goddamn i'm rusty w/ footman surrounds w/out a mountain king

uther party would be a good way to do it, 4v4's is too dumb on map selection (and undead is legit ridiculous on 4v4's because of skelly rods), and i have a hard time remembering 2v2 and 3v3 ladder as anything but a crapshoot (if you get a guy that says "they'll tech" it's time to just call it a loss or hope someone's equally dumb on the other team)

alternatively joke 3v3 tournament w/ highperch as the only map.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 2, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

round 1: 1v1 ladder
round 2: all the winners play uther party, two in last place are eliminated
round 3: dota
round 4: 2v2 ladder
round 5: dbz tribute

only if it's dota 5.84b w/ no hamachi / private server / reconnect support

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Adam Bowen posted:

I feel like it would be more interesting to watch team games where some people are just terrible and their team mates are desperately trying to make up for it, rather than watching a bunch of pointless 1v1 massacres followed by maybe one or two matches that are slightly competitive. Also, anyone who doesn't know warcraft 3 well enough to remember the ladder metagame is now so intimidated by the discussion in this thread that there's no way they'll want to sign up for 1v1s.

I can't help it, someone stated as fact that UD was the best race and Humans the worst.

I mean let's be honest NA ladder was a crapshoot in matchup quality even in its heyday and the best matchup ever is the night elf mirror.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I won't deny that UD was fun to play until you ran into a guy that knew how to kill acolytes while you were trying to get a Halls of the Dead.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sappers and shredders only

that includes clearing the camp in front of the goblin lab

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't 1v1'd for like 3 years but I still know all the creep routes on Terenas Stand and Turtle Rock like the back of my hand.

I miss war3 at wcg :sigh:

I'll play if I can find/buy some cd keys and if my schedule works. Prefer ladder play with low player count but v:shobon:v.

Also we should 1v1 but have it only be night elf mirrors on terenas stand for no good reason i promise.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sheep vs rabbits is secretly one of the best custom maps ever

randomheroes some other options i forget

1v1 actually seems very :effort: cuz the map pool is so stupid

*cough* gnoll wood and lost temple in 1v1 ladder pool *cough*

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
weekends basically

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Is it too late to play?!??! I want to play!!!!

Naga Sea Witch best hero. Best puns, smexiest snake voice, forkiest lightning, oh yes.

Coldest arrows too.

AM + Naga is a good combo for HU vs Orc but AM + Firelord tower push was my favorite t2 transition.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

foutre posted:

Here's a link to the highest level WC3 strategy: http://www.battlereports.com/users/Stacker/highperch/highperch.html . Godspeed.

:haw:

Highperching is so obnoxious holy poo poo. But I mean t2 tower pushes as a human were basically the competitive equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
my schedule is awful im going to have to bow out

also my cd keys are lost in the abyss of time.

• Locked thread