Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I remember waiting for Warcraft 3 and being excited, but it was delayed or something in like 2001 or whatever and so I was like gently caress it nevermind. I just paid attention to only Brood War ever since.

It wasn't until the Summer of 2011 when I had a working life and money to spend that I eventually remembered, "oh hey, I remember that game... let's check it out." It was pretty good, actually.

I tried playing a couple of 1v1 games but I got rekt really hard every time. Even against the AI, no less.

That being said, I'll be happy to get rekt in a tournament... so count me in if the signups are still open. It looks like I'll have somewhere around 1 day to "prepare." I'll make sure to get drunk beforehand so that I have an excuse for my badness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Understood - I'll just wait until the last minute to install the game, then.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Real multiplayer was pretty awful, compared to how great the campaign and the custom games were.

That being said, betraying your teammates was very fun too.

Oh man I remember losing my poo poo at BSers in Brood War when playing 4v4 BGH back when I was younger...

The most memorable one was this guy who said he was an old grandma. Then as he ran a bunch of hydralisks into my base he told me he had to go afk to change his diaper.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
btw please update the OP with time&date?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

3v3 starcraft you just get a team of 3 terrans who all rush out like 3 marines and murder all your dudes, because mass marines that early cannot be beaten by zerglings/zealots.

>_>, you and I had very different experiences back then...

edit: VVVVVVV what that goon said

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 16, 2015

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Nah, v 3 zerg you just have to bunker until you have enough marine mass to stomp through.

Mind you this was back during the WoL beta so I dunno if people got less bad after that.

I'll never love again

Sounds like a 3v3 ZvT BGH is in order after the wc3 tournament

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Anyways I'm on wc3 right now if anybody wants to dick around or whatever..?

in lordaeron server, is that the right one?

Gonna try and join GamerTroonLifestyle channel, if it's too many characters i'll join goontroon channel.

E: I'm in, sitting around. I want to believe that one of you will show up and we'll have a very poorly played game, then we'll become sad and ashamed and never play again.

drat, I was 1 hour too late. I installed the game to try and catch you in there.

/f add LoveStoleTheDay on Lordaeron

nevermind

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

extra stout posted:

can we change the time and server then if you're not hosting

I also like making last minute changes when organizing things with many people

• Locked thread