Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
FRIDAY APRIL 17TH, 7:30 PM PACIFIC TIME. Lordaeron server, channel "gamesaregood"

http://www.twitch.tv/fiwer1

A few people said playing Warcraft 3 would be pretty cool, so let's do it. This isn't the shitposting challenge so there's no call-outs, just post in this thread if you're interested in participating or make some suggestions. 1v1 tournament with brackets? 4v4 all random with wacky rules? Some stupid loving custom map bullshit for baby retards who can't handle the complexity of an RTS? Prizes? Maybe avatars or something if Kewpuh is cool with it. If you're participating, suggest dates and times that work best for you.

Also:

quote:

ban stux

What is Warcraft 3?

Check out the official trailer

Warcraft 3 is the epic tale of Arthas, the lich prince,

who falls in love with Jaina Blackmoore against all of the rules of lich society.

Eventually he becomes the lich king and sits on the frozen throne and the lich dad Sargeras tells him he has to stop dating Jaina

Can the heat of Jaina's love melt his frozen heart? Or will she be forced to FrostMourn him?

In the sequel, Warcraft III-II, the Lich King Arthas meets Illidan and his love for Jaina is tested even further as he's forced to grapple with feelings long supressed

But then Illidan and Arthas fight and this happens.

Finally, the lich king stops being made of ice and is made of fire instead, so he spends a lot of time looking at his hands and wondering why his throne doesn't melt

Adam Bowen fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Pookum posted:

I'd be down but I don't have the Ice Throne expansion, is that gonna be needed?

It's $10. Sell some plasma or hit up your mom and tell her its for autism medicine

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

updated OP with Warcraft 3 info

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

:lol:

I was thinking it would be funny if someone made a terrible video with Jaina and Arthas and that stupid evanescence song and someone already did

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I like anything but 1v1 just because 1v1 is going to be very lopsided. I want to see someone legitimately good get paired up with 3 baddies and get totally hosed over and lose in the first round

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Zoness posted:

anyway i'd prob try to reinstall to play but only for 1v1's if it's ladder and goddamn i'm rusty w/ footman surrounds w/out a mountain king

uther party would be a good way to do it, 4v4's is too dumb on map selection (and undead is legit ridiculous on 4v4's because of skelly rods), and i have a hard time remembering 2v2 and 3v3 ladder as anything but a crapshoot (if you get a guy that says "they'll tech" it's time to just call it a loss or hope someone's equally dumb on the other team)

alternatively joke 3v3 tournament w/ highperch as the only map.

I feel like it would be more interesting to watch team games where some people are just terrible and their team mates are desperately trying to make up for it, rather than watching a bunch of pointless 1v1 massacres followed by maybe one or two matches that are slightly competitive. Also, anyone who doesn't know warcraft 3 well enough to remember the ladder metagame is now so intimidated by the discussion in this thread that there's no way they'll want to sign up for 1v1s.

Although it doesn't really seem like anyone is interested anyway, as far as I can tell there are a few people who acknowledge having Warcraft 3 but only myself and the penetrator have actually said we'd play.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

But the best race is Undead because Arthas is dreamy

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

You don't need the discs anymore, register the CD key to your battle.net account instead.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm glad that some people have actually expressed some interest, however nobody except the penetrator actually said anything about availability. So if you're interested, please share your availability.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Yes, but nobody posted when they can play.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

If you're participating, suggest dates and times that work best for you.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I've been really busy this week, I'm gonna try to figure out when people are available to play and then post what's up sometime tomorrow night

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This week for sure

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm thinking we'll mix it up, a big FFA, some team battles, some 1v1s, and maybe throw in some custom map garbage that people love. Or a mumble warcraft 3 poetry slam. Or a no heroes game, or an only heroes game. Maybe we do an FFA and a few 1v1 or 2v2 rounds to get a feel for rankings and then let some baddies go 2v1 or 3v1 against the better players. Since this is supposed to be a tournament with winners and losers, I'd like to make it so that if someone really really doesn't want to participate in a specific mode, like you absolutely hate 1v1 or custom maps, then you can sit one round out and not have it affect your ranking.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

we're playing this Friday or else

Tentatively, 6 or 7 pacific on Friday sounds good to me. If some people can't make that then we can match them up against each other and let them hash out a schedule.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

7:30 pacific, Friday night.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Battle.net channel name "gamesaregood" and a Steam group might be a good idea

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't remember picking, apparently I created my account on Lordaeron.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Anyone who bothers to prepare for this is going to be laughed at

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If I'm not here at 7:30 tomorrow then just play some games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

7:30, that's less than 2 hours from now. Lordaeron (aka US West) channel "gamesaregood"

I'm really not feeling well today so I'm just going to wing it once people show up, I didn't bother making brackets or anything because I don't know who will even show up, but we're gonna play some motherfucking Warcraft 3. Streaming would be cool, I can't seem to do it so whoever can should do so.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Actually I guess I can try to stream but then that means people playing can cheat I guess, but anyone who does is a loving retard so whatever

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Currently streaming DON'T CLICK THE ZOMBIE

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

No, it's still an hour until time.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's just lordaeron because that was where it put me. And gently caress the east coast

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Warcraft 3

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's almost time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKX-cf_p90

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

streaming that. come at me RIAA

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This poo poo is happening

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

GannyG and I won the 2v2
Computer(Easy) won the FFA.

What will happen next??

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

We're back

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That screen watching motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I realized right after posting this thread that a tournament wouldn't work because most people would just flake, and also :effort: I might try again sometime but next time I'll just pick a game and a date and tell people to show up if they want to

• Locked thread