Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

everybody line up its time for a timg4strok all kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

randomly pairing people up 2v2 is going to be just as lopsided as 1v1s, it's very easy to divide & conquer in this game unless you're playing 4v4 and then it's very easy to just do goofy poo poo and win because you know the game mechanics better than anybody else

sure getting more people involved will probably be more fun but let's not pretend it's going to change who would progress through the tournament

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

Anatharon posted:

Humans' main problem is that their early game is pretty bad compared to the other races'. Their heroes in particular are pretty bad early on so if there isn't a tavern on the map to get a Tinker or Firelord or what have you, fast expanding (which is a big deal to Humans) is really risky. Ivory towers and mini town halls in TFT helped though.

Just as an example compare Paladins to Shadow Hunters, Death Knights and Keepers of the Grove.

Paladin Vs. Death Knight

Death Knight stats are either identical or better vs. Paladin's (they have like 2 less armor for 50 more move speed)

Holy Light is better for healing than Death Coil is but Death Coil is a better nuke so call it even
Unholy Aura is ridiculously good
Death Pact killing a unit isn't an issue because ghouls are cheap in a pinch and the rod of necromancy summons 2 skeletons
Animate Dead is basically straight up better than Resurrection.

Humans' strength is in their spellcasters and air units but air units are really easy to counter. Priests and Sorceresses are just really good in general though.

human tri hero is infinitely better than undead in hu vs ud and still really good vs other races (although firelord/beastmaster is a very strong second hero for a tier 2 timing sorc/tower push against orc/elf)

human's strength is in their versatility. militia creeping and fast building are insanely strong, as are every hero and caster you could want because of brilliance aura. yeah blademaster and demon hunter are probably too strong, but i think human is the strongest race aside from those two "broken" heroes

edit: undead is universally known as the weakest 1v1 race

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

sign me up if it's for real games. if it's for dota or castle fight or whatever maybe don't sign me up

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

http://www.autohotkey.com/

it's very easy to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

i'm pretty busy aside from saturdays but if it's scheduled for another day i'll try to show up

• Locked thread