Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scob
Jul 17, 2005

is the game still crashing after every stage and laggy as heck in menus for anyone else but me? cleared cache, downloaded update yada yada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

kalensc posted:

I have the lag issues if I leave it running for a while, and I've learned to quit and come back in if I turn the screen off mid-dungeon while stamina regenerates. I'm running on a Galaxy S3 though so I just assumed it was older phone issues.

yeah it might be my phone, game ran perfectly before, but all the extra menus you have to click to start a battle now might be too much for my phone.

larchesdanrew posted:

How do you clear the cache? Is this an android thing?

im using an android os and its an option in the apps menu

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

I finally got my first character specific 5 star with Garnets staff, i was beginning to think that it was never going to happen. Maybe I can make some summon money with her now as I think my lenna summon was only taken once.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i havent had any trouble with the regular dungeons and im up to the exdeath one in ff6, but I find it odd that they rachet up the difficulty so much. It seems like you would want all of your players to do the regular stuff with ease then try to rope them into spending money to roll equipment to better handle the elite ones. I mean if it gets to a point where I cant even beat the regular dungeons Im not going to waste time on the game.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

I beat all the levels pretty easily in the viii event, used cloud, tidus, garnet, vivi, and yuna. I almost feel the last fight would have been easier with another mage instead of cloud. I am all about the mage parties now.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i think i might just skip the ex on this one, s/l the sabin level pretty much drained my desire to do edgars last one. ive been saving mithril for the ff13 up coming pull and I cant wait to get 33 poo poo items.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

first 11 just the new knife, second 11 the knife, gold bangle, blazefire saber, and the sazhs gun. sorry everybody.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

beat odin with 10 seconds on the clock, used vivi, yuna, lightning, waka, sazh

had each of the 4 star breakdowns at rank 1 on sazh and waka, lightning used 3 star lightning strike, vivi had 3 star light and rank 1 of the 4 star fire spell, yuna had protectga and a heal which i really didnt need. I did have sazhs weapon so his limit break helped, i used tyro as a summon with the shield thing. I probably could have dropped yuna or used garnet with a cure/diara combo. With the shield up and breakdowns applied odin did 100-200 damage on his aoes and 3xx on his single targets.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i pulled that sleep gas armor, if you guys want that i can put my code up here and run it for a while, i usually run the sazh special

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

ok I changed sazh to the sleeping gas soul break, G9XH is the friend code

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

im really surprised they dont sell egg packs and orb packs for real money, it seems like an awful lot of money they are leaving on the table.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

did a 50 pull, got a lightning rod and a bunch of poo poo

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

did a 50 pull on the new banner and got nothing, also gently caress that guy who posted that he got summoner rm2 in the next fight ive been trying for a month to get josephs, summoners, and the bards rm2s

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

with those two skills i might actually start using something other then sazh and 4 mages

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

retaliate wouldnt even have to be a thing if there were some decent melee abilities, but people who get mad about poo poo like that in single player games is just ridiculous. personally i dont use the relaliate strategy often due to only having 1 advance friend and im too lazy to search out more, but i also got lucky with good mage gear pulls so i mage party pretty much full time.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

do you guys that have my sazh rm want me to put the sleep coat up for the vaan event?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i dont think ive done any of the elites since like 5 updates ago and i didnt finish the last norm dungeon update because i was too lazy to change my party to kill the ranged bird guy in the 12 realm.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

Doing an inventory of my uncleared elites, I have... 44 mythril left unearned, which is more than I expected! :woop:

Unfortunately, half of them are behind difficulty 100+ elites and all of them are difficulty 80+. And that number's only going to get bigger tonight. :negative:

Are there any general tips I can use for the harder FF5 elites and the newest batch of FF8s? I feel like those are probably going to be my biggest roadblocks.

really the 80s/90s difficulties arent really that bad if you have the hones/record materias to get past the trash quickly. the roadblock really lies in having enough skills left when you get to the boss of the stage to deal with them, or learn to retaliate.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

my 25 pull had pally cecil's shield, tyros tornado grim, and tidus' brotherhood, probably not gonna pull anymore of them gotta save that mith.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

im running it with mid 30s guys i just hit the optimize button on and most of my good poo poo is still on other characters, its very easy because you dont have to worry about saving abilities for a boss

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

1 4 star, and 10 3 stars. I knew I should have skip this lucky pull

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

ive never played ff5 but playing all these dungeons ive put off it seems like they kill a lot of characters in that game

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

well jenova death was a pain in the rear end and the first time ive had to pull mitigation out on a classic in quite some time

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

wasted 65 mith and just got another drat cyan katana

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

power of 3 x2 got me 6 3 stars yay

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

my viii synergy is awful, only thing i have is that cowboy hat. these bonus battles are going to suck

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Grevlek posted:

What role does Seifer play in this game? Just pulled his sword Hyperion, but Pecil is a way better Tank, and I have any number of people who are better physical attackers. I think I got my first character weapon that I don't really have a use for.

not being used unless you absolutely have too is his role

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

well got vivi's posion staff, yuna's mass heavy regen staff, and rinoas throw weapons so im pretty happy with the draw. Also had the 4 star ff10 sword and katana in it to add to my other ones. Im just set on synergy for 9 and 10. 4 character relics in 9 and i previously had drew tidus' sword to add with all my other 10 crap.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

dont try and take on leviathan on classic with a half rear end team because he will hammer you, i found that out the hard way.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

lame cutting the xp on the orb thing probably not gonna bother with it past first clears now. i think my time is probably winding down with the game, cant even give a gently caress about easy orbs

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

pulled on the banner and got a black screen, restarted and got rinoas ssb, squalls sword, another iv thunder rod, and a iv dark helm. did pretty well

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

the 110 battles werent very hard i didnt even use mitigation beyond breakdowns on them so someone should be able to beat them with mediocre equipment and proper dr

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Samba De Amigo posted:

Josef please, I hate you so much. Give me Double Hit.

:negative:

ive been trying for this since mc came out, abandon all hope

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i spent 115 on the first banner and didnt get any 5s

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

everyone is gonna hate me but i just did an 11 pull and got the cloud sbs, 2 zacks gloves, cids pole axe, red ssb, and an al bed jumper. sorry everybody!

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Beasteh posted:

Please tell me you took a screencap. Those sparkles..

PS I think thats probably the best overall 11 pull I've ever seen?

I was going to but its a new tablet and i messed with it for like 3 mins before i got bored and gave up trying. G9XH is my friend code if you want the cloud thingy for this event

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

zacks gloves is the only relic that gets the bonus xp for learning soul breaks which is kinda dumb. does cloud's super emo trench coat give him any kind of stats boost?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

probably do a 50 pull on banner 5 and pray for SG, might do a google rewards pull on the organics banner because i love cloud like a son and ive been pretty lucky overall lately and im not in dire need of more ssb.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

10 3 stars and 1 4 star, i say im gonna skip the other 2 lucky draws but i know i probably wont be able to resist pulling them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

0/22! im a big idiot!

• Locked thread