Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'd do Mario for Rivers :twisted:

I would throw in our second-rounder, too, if he signed an extension.

~thingsthatwonthappen.txt~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

No.

It's still an absolute dick move though. If you were no interested in the Browns gig? Don't jerk people around, just say "no thanks". Don't have dinners over 3 nights.

I don't want to have the Browns be an accessory to him being successful in the NFL.

Hmmm. This sounds a lot like someone I know in the NBA...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can't wait to watch this bullshit for 3 hours only for the Patriots to trade out of the first round.

at least you have a pick.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We've had our share of fun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I can't wait to read pages of people complaining about Twitter spoilers tonight

I'm tempted to put a big "I DON'T CARE IF YOU POST TWITTER SPOILERS" disclaimer in the OP of the draft GDT ;)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Burger Trench posted:

I would throw in our second-rounder, too, if he signed an extension.

~thingsthatwonthappen.txt~

I wouldn't trade Mario, not even for Rivers.

Mariowns

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Hmmm. This sounds a lot like someone I know in the NBA...

I think I know who you're speaking of, and I believe we've both been dragged through that dog and pony show.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
gonna get drunk watch draft play bloodborne and then see 3d imax avengers good night coming good night indeed

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I'm tempted to put a big "I DON'T CARE IF YOU POST TWITTER SPOILERS" disclaimer in the OP of the draft GDT ;)

You've just turned full heel now.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Intruder posted:

noooooooo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mel Mudkiper posted:

gonna get drunk watch draft play bloodborne and then see 3d imax avengers good night coming good night indeed

Don't get too drunk Mel, you'll miss the good stuff.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"i'll avoid twitter but i can't possibly be without the forums for the draft"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is about to own. Woooo boy haven't had a 1st RD pick in over 700 days. Ahhh feels good men.

Let's do this poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tremendous Taste posted:

An arguable hof bound de is better than leaving for nothing fam

if he was leaving for nothing I'd agree

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's gonna be ok.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Did anyone comment yet on the Wells Fargo ad featuring a lesbian couple adopting a deaf mute that aired earlier or did I hallucinate that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's the punchline

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Buy a boat and/or child i think.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I wouldn't trade Mario, not even for Rivers.

Mariowns

This is the right answer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

football fuckerman posted:

i have no idea how anyone keeps up with the draft gdt

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hahah buying a JFF jersey. Like burning money.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Man and his dog posted:

Hahah buying a JFF jersey. Like burning money.

^^^^ you don't

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
That's hilarious.

I love draft day. Even if it's only one loving round because gently caress off, goodell.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

JRizzle posted:

i have no idea how anyone keeps up with the draft gdt

You look at the TV screen for 5 seconds and there are 35 new pages of comments.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

PantsFreeZone posted:

You look at the TV screen for 5 seconds and there are 35 new pages of comments.

Exactly. It's like 900 pages of LOLOLOLOLOL and 10 random posts of analysis

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

JRizzle posted:

Exactly. It's like 900 pages of LOLOLOLOLOL and 10 random posts of analysis

Draft.jpg was pretty hilarious (with Ginn and DHB anyway), but pretty much ruined the draft gdt's unfortunately.

Edit:

BlindSite posted:

The only thing that ruins gdts is fuckwits who use Twitter to spoil everything and then whinge when people tell them to stop posting tweet picks.

Also this.

HappyHelmet fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 1, 2015

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only thing that ruins gdts is fuckwits who use Twitter to spoil everything and then whinge when people tell them to stop posting tweet picks.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BlindSite posted:

Like I want to hear my draft picks from Roger Goodell. I'd rather have it delivered to me before the masses catch wind by some proud journalistic warrior of the people

Like who doesn't want to know the picks ASAP? That's why I'm watching live. The time spent right up to the pick is usually just talking about who could be taken and who people think will be taken next, that's a waste if you just know who it is already

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

We're all gonna end up dead anyways so in the end it doesn't even matter

Crawwwwwwling in my skinnnnnnn...

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

GNU Order posted:

Like I want to hear my draft picks from Roger Goodell. I'd rather have it delivered to me before the masses catch wind by some proud journalistic warrior of the people

Like who doesn't want to know the picks ASAP? That's why I'm watching live. The time spent right up to the pick is usually just talking about who could be taken and who people think will be taken next, that's a waste if you just know who it is already

Thanks for your wrong opinion.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

old dog child posted:

I've learned my lesson from last year and ignored all pre-draft coverage. It'll be nice watching the draft while hearing new information!
This is me this year as well. I don't know poo poo about gently caress. This draft will be one huge surprise for me. :classiclol:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There's two loving channels of draft coverage in England.

The beast keeps growing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GNU Order posted:

In a thread it's easier to talk about things when everyone has the same reference point, like when the pick is announced on TV. Otherwise you have people all over the place.

The same people who complain about the thread being impossible to read are probably the same people who liked the terrible split gameday threads.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GNU Order posted:

By all means get the picks, keep them to yourself. If I'm following the thread and listening to the radio feed I don't want to know what Twitter announces. If I did I'd read twitter instead of enjoying the one day of actual football content since the super bowl.

There's no need to spoil everyone's fun just so you can stroke your e-cock. Don't be such a sperg about what everyone should want and why and don't post twotter announcements in the thread

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I thought Goodell banned the media from using twitter so that he wasn't upstaged? I know he did a couple of years ago, but has that changed?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Cozz posted:

I thought Goodell banned the media from using twitter so that he wasn't upstaged? I know he did a couple of years ago, but has that changed?

The media is banned, but it doesn't stop random people involved in things backstage from tweeting things beforehand.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ESPN and NFL Network don't tweet out picks early, but the local guys do it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

E - nah nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

football fuckerman posted:

• Locked thread