Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They're both now.

I have like dozens of friends and I don't know a single person with a 3ds or Wii U and all of them owned nes, snes, n64 etc explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nintendo has always been very stingy with physical printing runs, often to their own benefit, which is why they're currently making an absolute killing on amiibos and will continue to do so for years

Not really, their print runs are on average with everyone else and have been ever since the SNES.

It's just that people feel the need to buy multiple copies of each game. The day Majoras mask and Monster hunter came out was insane, you had people buy both Limited 3DSes, both special editions of the games, and then the normal print runs which were the ones they were going to open and play with.

All the retro meets I've gone to the Nintendo people are the most crazed/nutso. Like I've met more than a few people who have like a dozen+ copies or more of Earthbound with one guy owning a few hundred and having no real desire to part with one. Fire Emblem is another particularly bad series to collect for as is Zelda. And I would say a good 90-95% of the time most of them aren't even interested in selling they just list their collection ungodly high just so people will come up and talk to them about it. Because I've made offers and when they get backed into a corner they wind up going "I uh wasn't expecting to sell and I can't really part with this."

Amiibos are just a further extension of this, and I thought nothing on this earth would make Transformers collectors look normal, but amiibo collectors did that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

I have like dozens of friends and I don't know a single person with a 3ds or Wii U and all of them owned nes, snes, n64 etc explain

It's simple: you're not friends with real gamers.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It's simple: you're not friends with real gamers.

yes true thats what i meant nintendo needs to have mass market appeal again for normal ppl

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

African AIDS cum posted:

yes true thats what i meant nintendo needs to have mass market appeal again for normal ppl

It's called allowing EA to make titles for your system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Normal people" have been conditioned by Jews to only play MOBAs and spend money on hats instead of buying mario games.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

"Normal people" have been conditioned by Jews to only play MOBAs and spend money on hats instead of buying mario games.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lollll

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lmao

Dec 26, 2012

sad, but true

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm ashamed of myself

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Normal people and MOBAS in the same sentence, the universe is collapsing.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

African AIDS cum posted:

sever

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

01011001 posted:

you should

Radiant dawn is pretty messed up

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
radiant dawn is when the series began exploring it's own sexuality and then became hella anime

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

actually fire emblem has always been Anime.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dr Pepper posted:

actually fire emblem has always been Anime.

a level beyond anime

anime two

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zen death robot posted:

The new one looks really fuckin Anime

i got a good laugh in that trailer when the main character is torn between two lives, symbolized by two different little sisters calling for him

Dec 26, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Radiant dawn is pretty messed up

the only thing thats messed up about it is how no game in the series ever had as good maps again afterwards

also the part where you have no idea when your guys are gonna come or go but w/e

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i got a good laugh in that trailer when the main character is torn between two lives, symbolized by two different little sisters calling for him

those were his wives

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

*hank hill is visibly uncomfortable reading this*

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

i'll find a way to help them both... i have to.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
"Onee-chan" is the new "whats up"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

also when the trailer cut to the the path for the evil dudes and it's just an anime babe with hella titties

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

also when the trailer cut to the the path for the evil dudes and it's just an anime babe with hella titties

wjy would anyone pick the peaceful path

Dec 26, 2012

definitely gonna pick the peaceful path in this war game lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope I get to play as a fierce woman of size.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope I get to play as a fierce woman of size.

I hope you get AIDS

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i'm going to go war dudes too probably but this was pretty lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

those were his wives

the main character is Muhammad?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fungah! posted:

:captainpop::fh:

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I was excited then I realised its on WiiU instead of 3DS, I'll have to buy a thing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

woofbro posted:

I was excited then I realised its on WiiU instead of 3DS, I'll have to buy a thing.

the real problem is that you dont already own a Wiiu

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the one guy i know who even knows what SMT is: "it looks loving terrible, i cant believe im going to buy it"

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Fungah! posted:

Well it was a tough decision and I had to think long and hardon it, but I think I am choosing the Path of Nohr.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Contra Calculus posted:

Well it was a tough decision and I had to think long and hardon it, but I think I am choosing the Path of Nohr.

It's a cartoon and it will never love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
That is not a nice thing to say about my wife, character from the upcoming Fire Emblem game.

• Locked thread