Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I am so pumped for this game that it might knock Xenoblade down to number 2 on my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo has gone full Anime.

Embrace the darkness so that you will know the feeling of the light of anime shining upon you.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Overclocked is not a better game than Persona 3.

You are missing out on some prime time gaming by just dismissing persona 3 and 4.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

Illusory Revelations#FE is the worst loving name ever.

I dunno Bravely Default is kinda up there in bad name territory as is most of Sqaure Enix's stuff.

I mean Illusory Revelations has to actually do with persona since the first game was called Revelations: Persona.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kaubocks posted:

i'm sorry about your irreparable brain damage

I don't think he has it, he's yet to purchase a single amiibo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Famous TV Dad posted:

the taint reaper buys 8000 bad games a year but draws the line at statues of cute nintendo characters
Amiibos are garbage compared to the World of Nintendo figures.

I mean the WON figures actually move, are much much larger than amiibos and won't run you 48-50+ dollars for 4.

They're like 1/3rd to half cheaper. That Wario figure is like 4 dollars and loving towers over everything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

buy some cyanide and drink it, you worthless retard

No sorry I am still not buying Amiibos. I don't hate myself that much

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i'm glad to see some love for strange journey here.

also i remember there was a big persona q thread for awhile but no one seemed to actually enjoy it. is it worth picking up?

Persona Q is alright, it's not bad but people were expecting Wizardry levels of dungeon crawling. It's an average game that's rather short.

They even have a Story games setting that even if you die on a boss you'll still progress through the game. This is the easiest setting and can be deactivated upon starting a game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There were two GBA fire emblem games, 1 DS game, 1 Gamecube game, 1 Wii Game, and one 3DS game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Proposition Joe posted:

There were two Famicom games, three Super Famicom games, one Satellaview game, three GBA games, one Gamecube game, two DS games, one Wii game, and one 3DS game.

I was only talking about games released in countries that matter

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Slur posted:

Good luck to anyone who wants to get a legitimate copy of this one: $180 the last I checked on average.

Holy poo poo It's more expensive than Earthbound!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Nintendo has always been very stingy with physical printing runs, often to their own benefit, which is why they're currently making an absolute killing on amiibos and will continue to do so for years

Not really, their print runs are on average with everyone else and have been ever since the SNES.

It's just that people feel the need to buy multiple copies of each game. The day Majoras mask and Monster hunter came out was insane, you had people buy both Limited 3DSes, both special editions of the games, and then the normal print runs which were the ones they were going to open and play with.

All the retro meets I've gone to the Nintendo people are the most crazed/nutso. Like I've met more than a few people who have like a dozen+ copies or more of Earthbound with one guy owning a few hundred and having no real desire to part with one. Fire Emblem is another particularly bad series to collect for as is Zelda. And I would say a good 90-95% of the time most of them aren't even interested in selling they just list their collection ungodly high just so people will come up and talk to them about it. Because I've made offers and when they get backed into a corner they wind up going "I uh wasn't expecting to sell and I can't really part with this."

Amiibos are just a further extension of this, and I thought nothing on this earth would make Transformers collectors look normal, but amiibo collectors did that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

African AIDS cum posted:

yes true thats what i meant nintendo needs to have mass market appeal again for normal ppl

It's called allowing EA to make titles for your system.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

"Normal people" have been conditioned by Jews to only play MOBAs and spend money on hats instead of buying mario games.

Normal people and MOBAS in the same sentence, the universe is collapsing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope I get to play as a fierce woman of size.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fungah! posted:

yeah i'm going to go war dudes too probably but this was pretty lol

oh herro

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Contra Calculus posted:

unless they want to turn this into George RR Martin-lite

Actually that is a legit practice that still exists in this day and age.

it means way less if it's adopted siblings but america and canada both have concession forms if you wish to marry a close blood relative or immigrate from a country/culture where you have already married your sister or whatever.

New York state was the first to pass such an inbreeding law and allow it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Agean90 posted:

been doing research i see

It came up due to the whole Obama flying in Central Americans and there's a whole lot of Central Americans who want to marry their own relatives. Apparently this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the Middle East though.

Turkey has some real specific laws on marriage bans. Like poo poo you thought no sane person would marry, someone tried to actually marry it and they banned it. This is the poo poo you hear when your friends are federal agents for any of the three letter organizations.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 7, 2015

• Locked thread