Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
so, it will soon enough play android games. xbox is the new ouya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

i hope someone makes an ngage emulator so the cool tes can be played by people

symbian emulators already exist so go hog wild

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

nowadays, i enjoy a beer or a glass of scotch with my Marios, but do not down entire bottles in one evening anymore, unless they are bottles of potion and i am playing a Final Fantasy game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont understand why anyone would sit and drink while playing video games when weed exists honestly

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am too much like Niles Crane to buy weed directly, and the friends I used to buy from on occasion are not people I really hang around with anymore, whereas booze I can buy at a liquor store.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

program666 posted:

This seem like those awful episodes on sci-fi series when someone decides that they should discuss serious real life matters. Like that babylon 5 episode about work rights.

I think Star Trek Voyager was the worst offender from what I remember with all those holodeck episodes.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

despite of my avatar I never watched Voyager, (but I did watch Enterprise :saddowns:)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enterprise was almost not as terrible as Voyager.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

i am too much like Niles Crane to buy weed directly, and the friends I used to buy from on occasion are not people I really hang around with anymore, whereas booze I can buy at a liquor store.

can't you legally buy it in some states now and get a medical card in most others? just do that. or just find someone who will sell you weed its not like you're buying smack or anything.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I watched all the Star Treks last year after Leonard Nimoy was cool to work with and I thought "maybe I should actually watch these" and Voyager is unquestionably the worst. Most of its creators should be held accountable for some kind of horrible crime.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I like how half the episodes was about character development of the holodeck doctor.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr. Green from Clue was an evil computer clown in one of the episodes and Brad Dourif was in some, being Brad Dourif. That's about all I can say good about it.

Video games need more Brad Dourif, as he is only in one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

symbian emulators already exist so go hog wild

None of them can run ngage games because the ngage predates the symbian they emulate iirc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Mr. Green from Clue was an evil computer clown in one of the episodes and Brad Dourif was in some, being Brad Dourif. That's about all I can say good about it.

Video games need more Brad Dourif, as he is only in one.

He was really good in myst 3 though so that actually counts for two imho

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

I watched all the Star Treks last year after Leonard Nimoy was cool to work with and I thought "maybe I should actually watch these" and Voyager is unquestionably the worst. Most of its creators should be held accountable for some kind of horrible crime.

When I was a kid, Generations and Voyager were the only Star Treks I knew of, so in my mind the franchise was hot steaming garbage.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He was really good in myst 3 though so that actually counts for two imho

I enjoy watching each and every Brad Dourif freak-out, from his appearances in Deadwood and Lord of the Rings to his moments in things like Once Upon a Time and Star Trek: The Really Bad One, but the way they let him chew the scenery in Myst 3 is maybe his best.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

None of them can run ngage games because the ngage predates the symbian they emulate iirc

ah ok, well if you can get one cheap they are absolutely elementary to get playing proper games off the SD card, which was good because the game cards were behind the loving battery on the first one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

When I was a kid, Generations and Voyager were the only Star Treks I knew of, so in my mind the franchise was hot steaming garbage.

DS9 was around. It's the best one.

But it also had some lovely episodes too like when Captain Sisko was a sci-fi writer in the 50's because the bad guys wanted him to think that, or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

aside from the original series and the reboots, the franchise is hot steaming garbage

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

aside from the original series and the reboots, the franchise is hot steaming garbage

wrongest opinion in thread itp, reboots were hot steaming garbage too, though fun to watch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was about to post some Star Trek opinions, but the Star Trek portion of the thread has gone on for too long and is now over. I am declaring it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Voyager is the worst and every once in a while you'll run into someone who swears it's their favorite and it is painful to consider

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first reboot was okay the second was 'LOL REMEMBER THAT BIT FROM THE OTHER GOOD STAR TREK MOVIE?' the Movie.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cecil... I have been and always will be... your friend.

-Yang, Final Fantasy IV

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hey Games forum I got bored with Pillars of Eternity and I need something else, what's new and good and single-player for PC/3DS/Wii U? Throw game names at me. What are you playing that I should play?

Not picky about genre atm, just spitball at me until something sticks. This is brainstorming. There are no bad ideas.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hear good things about the single player in MKX.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

how is it going with dorf fort adam?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Hey Games forum I got bored with Pillars of Eternity and I need something else, what's new and good and single-player for PC/3DS/Wii U? Throw game names at me. What are you playing that I should play?

Not picky about genre atm, just spitball at me until something sticks. This is brainstorming. There are no bad ideas.

what like another rpg or just any game

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

program666 posted:

how is it going with dorf fort adam?

I've been real busy the past few days so I haven't touched it yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im playing alien rage atm which you can still get for four dollars http://www.bundlestars.com/store/alien-rage-unlimited/ it is a fun and difficult fps but if you want rpgs, well, no. there arent any good rpgs lately. go play drakensang river of time or something

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

actually i changed my mind this is an rpg that came out recently http://store.steampowered.com/app/280600/

please play it because it is magical

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Lurdiak posted:

press X to purchase goro.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Are the last-gen versions of this gimped? Only other game I've tried that had both nextgen and last-gen versions was Shadow of Mordor and the 360 version was broken as gently caress.

actually i changed my mind this is an rpg that came out recently http://store.steampowered.com/app/280600/

Looks gothy as poo poo, will investigate, ty :tipshat:

(also alien rage might be worth $4)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Looks gothy as poo poo, will investigate, ty :tipshat:

it is entertaining partly because of how gothy it is. you can find ancient magical nose rings and one of the player classes wears a red vest and highlights at all times. but it is also pretty solid and i had fun playing through it to the end, so i do recommend it

also hell yes alien rage is worth four bucks

e: if you comment on the forums then bloodlust's developer, whose name is apparently bill, will friend you on steam and ask you if you like the game. bill is the best.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
super metroid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

if i were 17 and also a virgin this would be extremely my poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

if i were 17 and also a virgin this would be extremely my poo poo

bill says that he was inspired to make it when he realized no game could ever be as good as bloodlines...... but someone had to try, drat it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

super metroid

I liked to explore and find all the missile packs, but never got good enough to do the crazy speedrunning that it is famous for.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

super metroid

Some guy on the last page was bragging about how he's never played any Nintendo game except a few minutes of Smash, go probate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Poster Video Games is catching up on years and years of the excellent Nintendo library and I am jealous

• Locked thread