Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

video games are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you mean people like those who dye their hair in rainbow colors I really can't say that their opinions lie within the realm of sanity. Like everything they say is within the realm of madness and when they get angry it's like double thesaurus mad.

Anyways the poem was funny and clever and to just get butthurt to the point where you make open threats to a developer which causes them to remove it and get even more open threats is comedy in itself.

actually it was bad and also further to this rainbow coloured hair is cool.

its no wonder goons like bad games like south park borderlands and saints row really

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

it was a limerick about a guy who accidentally sleeps with a man dressed as a woman and then jumps off a cliff or something

lmao

pretty epic, much like jokes where the punchline is someone saying the n word lmao haha i piss myself laughing at this comedy jokes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Nothing of the sort happened. Shotgun Bladder, former FYAD friend, complained about it and started a shitstorm on twitter. Devs asked the backer if he wanted it changed because of it. He said sure and wrote a new one mocking the people who got angry.

the important part is that its idiot reactionary nerds that are angry now and thats still true.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's quite clear from why the backer changed it, the "reactionary nerds" weren't the only ones mad, but only the pure hearted good people were too.

yeah, but that was justifiable anger, the reactionary nerds (no scare quotes needed m8) are being little babies

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Nothing of the sort happened. Shotgun Bladder, former FYAD friend, complained about it and started a shitstorm on twitter. Devs asked the backer if he wanted it changed because of it. He said sure and wrote a new one mocking the people who got angry.

Weird Twitter got insanely owned and is patting themselves on the back like they won WWIII.

lol that fixed poem isn't even a burn its the dude owning himself this is even better hahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kill all nerds

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

If you got the chance to basically say "go gently caress yourselves" to tens of thousands of people whether you are right or wrong or they are right or wrong and get away with it completely scot-free you are lying if you claim you wouldn't do it

It's probably not worth acting smug about but it is a pretty funny resolution to the issue

its not even saying that, its really dejected "they asked for blood so now he's just dead" :smith:

lmao

same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

he actually kept a pretty low profile and handled this like a mature adult unlike GamerGate and Werid Twitter/SRS/Stux.

Yeah, this is still getting the twitter week of outrage. people just realized the new poem is mocking them, and are getting extremely pissed, and gg is now claiming this as an utter victory.

lol a mature adult wouldn't have submitted a rejected south park joke in the first place

NutritiousSnack posted:

you either have zero reading comprehension or are extremely mad, either way it's funny.

I'm actually both, please update your pplwhoareangry and pplwhocantread text files.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that post up there that he wrote in response to having to change it is only missing a fedora tip to be perfect.

m'pillar

edit: hahahahahahahah

quote:

There's only so much room for context in four lines of an epitaph. How the masses can extrapolate so much back-story without knowing anything is beyond baffling. It's extremely entertaining though, I'll admit.

Firedorn is a character. A fictional character. He's a creation based on a combination of different people I've seen in my life. He's overly macho, making up for his other shortcomings. Talks a whole lot but doesn't say much. He's a womanizer, an alcoholic and he's not too bright. He's also has self-esteem issues, which is why he over compensates by being overly sexual. Incidentally, he believes that being with a man will somehow make him a lesser man. You know the type of person I'm referring to. You've seen him. You probably even know him, or someone like him. I've crossed paths with people like him, numerous times in my life.

But the fact remains, Firedorn is a character. A fictional character. Representing part of what's wrong with people today. The limerick was written as a form of artistic expression from a nobody, trying to ridicule the ideas, rationale and justifications presented by people like him. It is a fictional representation of real life, of what's around you. And this fictional character died in spite of his foolishness and idiocy. That's what I wrote. I don't regret writing it either, as killing off an idiot for being an idiot was extremely satisfying. No other platform has allowed me such artistic expression, nor did I anticipate this type of response. However, I'd kill him again.

To anyone how was offended by this, I sincerely apologize. My intent was to ridicule the perpetrators of such behavior and not offend its victims. Any form of artistic expression leaves a lot to interpretation and is entirely subjective. But extrapolating any intent from a short limerick and crying in outrage is not the way to go about any of the struggles these victims face. Laugh at Firedorn's misfortune, his idiocy, his stupidity and narrow mindedness instead.
Anyone accusing Firedorn of "transmisogyny": please review the definition of the word before sounding like an idiot. I know it's new to the lexicon, but nowhere was it even implied that he did anything to harm anyone, much less a trans woman.

A little hobbit over in a bent corner once said: "People should be free to create and share art they enjoy without censorship from the self-appointed art police". While I understand that not everyone will enjoy all forms of artistic expression, asking for censorship is inherently wrong in today's world. While the character's choices were questionable, they are a reality both in the factual world and in fiction. Life imitates art and art imitates life. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll stop being angry at the world every time you see or hear something you don’t like, and move on to more productive things.

Screw you
Don't give a poo poo
Everyone should have the freedom to express themselves however they want, be it written, visual or audio. That goes for both artists and their critics. If someone puts up something controversial, then they should expect that some people won’t like it. The right to express your opinion is the same as a person’s right to express themselves artistically. Asking for censorship, however, goes against all that...especially when you don't know a god damned thing about the context of the art piece.

But what do I know? I'm just a chump on the internet.

-- Firedorn

Stux fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 4, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

"justifiably

yeah that dude wins out on the normality contest.

yeah she does sorry you don't like people being nice to each other ps. ur being weird now, maybe take it to the hell thread in GBS it seems to be where you belong imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also that post u originally replied to is still right, obsidian said it hadn't been vetted correctly and so they vetted it after the fact and then it got changed (ps if the guy hadn't agreed to change it, it wouldn't have been kept in) and a bunch of MRAs got angry

for reference u are in the group categorised as MRAs in this post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

being nice owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

which is why "stalking" the dude is good, but BBG trolling idiots is bad.

lol at throwing a fit on twitter and comparing that to genocide "nice"

its cool you keep saying dude about someone who's a transwoman its def not petty or disgraceful at all lol i am sorry you have become so mad about a user submitted "poem" included as an easter egg in a game being changed that you feel such animosity towards someone like this. i am sorry your life is in such a state that this has become your hill to die on.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

i do not feel threatened, though I am now mildly annoyed. whether it's from the fact when someone (though not me) makes fun and proves someone to be an over reactive idiot on the internet but have the correct politics for whatever is the flavor of this month, goons like you cannot laugh at the fool but instead defend them to the death because somehow someway, GamerGate/MRA/PUAs will reopen rape camps and elect Ted Cruz. the word stalking comes up for looking through a public twitter account, though the same is done in the heart beat if they mildly disagree.

I am not going to bother to rewrite or requote Wayne Gresky on here but leave it at he said it best, and it sad you can't loving laugh at a literal basement dwelling nitwit who got mad over a joke as mild as tapwater.

lol that was referring to the kickstarter guy's quote you loving twit.

my bad on that but the rest of my post is very good and right still and also just lol at this entire post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

and don't worry i am laughing at the fool (the guy who made the poem then wrote a big Care article about it after he had to change it)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"Everyone should have the freedom to express themselves however they want, be it written, visual or audio. That goes for both artists and their critics. If someone puts up something controversial, then they should expect that some people won’t like it. The right to express your opinion is the same as a person’s right to express themselves artistically. Asking for censorship, however, goes against all that...especially when you don't know a god damned thing about the context of the art piece."

he thought bhis kickstarter backer reward was an art piece and that setting boundaries in privately owned space was censorship lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

stux, it kind of owns how even i, a person who completely agrees with you in every possible way, think you are a big fail

good to see my brand is holding up still

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dat one portagee posted:

Hmmm starting to think games are bad now.

welcom

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

poo poo from my colon

whats the release date

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

Roses are red a violet bead.

Play video games while smoking mad weed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whats the haps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

should i get a white or black ps4 because the bloodborne/the order bundle is the same price in either colour

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hear the white confers special privileges, so I'd go with that.

i was thinking white as well if only to avoid the possibility of getting a lovely first run pad, but white consoles/hardware getting grubby looking is on the other side.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Black shows dust and fingerprints way worse though.

thats true, but i won't be touching the console much and i dust, whereas my 360 looks like an off white piece of poo poo despite best efforts to keep it clean

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

sounds like you already made up your mind there, sux

im actually leaning towards the white one more still

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Consider spending the 400 on a gun to kill yourself with instead

thankfully i live in a sensible country where this isn't even an option so i'll stick with the ps4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

you haven't been placed into a long term mental health facility yet so some system somewhere is failing hard

mlyp

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i ordered a black ps4 with bloodborne and the order for cheaper than an xbox one well anyway bye

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my ps4 arrived but blood borne and the order were sent as a separate package and are delayed. i opened the ps4 and there was a huge blood borne insert inside and now I'm dead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why are you seeing an opera in the year of our lord 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the last opera i saw was in 2004... and that was the browser! *laugh track*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some people have culture.

those people aren't at the opera

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

unless we have suddenly been transported back in time 2 or 300 years

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this has nothing on dynamite headdy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

They really wanted everyone out of the store. Moment I walked in there was a dude in a Naruto shirt saying Call of duty is right over there hands me the game and tells me to head to the register. I say I don't want call of Duty he then grabs assassins creed, I say I don't want this either. And Fat rear end there is blocking the way. Fat rear end number 2 is walking around wearing a mario cap while I see fat rear end 3 and 4 obscuring a wall of amiibos and what turned out to be a center rack of amiibos. Arms crossed with a dead pan serious look on their faces. Anyways Fat Guy in a mario cap is scrolling through his phone and fat guy in the naruto shirt starts making these faux SWAT hand gestures because I apparently breached their perimeter. Another guy is yelling on the phone yelling at his mother to come down here because he doesn't have enough money for the amiibos and that's when I put everything together that a bunch of spergs commandeered a Funcoland for their plastic toys somehow.

Mario cap fat dude was not chill at all. He thought I was some sort of spy for scalpers because I did not look like the gamer type at all according to his expert opinion among all his other opinions.

But 11 games made the trainwreck of humanity was just a cherry on top. Because the store selling Castlevania SOTN for 5 bucks with 2 other games was too good a deal to pass up, and Contra is in there too.

lol at actually handing u call of duty

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the order is no where near as bad as people have made out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

Yes it is. The Order is incredibly boring and the combat is ball-numbingly mediocre. When your game has Nikola Tesla giving you weapons and the best he can do is a gun that lights gas on fire that you use in like, one level, you hosed up. Where's my arc cannon or steampunk railgun or anything interesting at all other than "handguns, machine guns, rifles"?!

there is literally an arc cannon though?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

maybe it helped I had really low expectations going in but ive been enjoying it and the gunplay is really fun and visceral v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

This is probably true but everything you just mentioned was better in the new Wolfenstein

ironically the new wolfenstein was actually really mediocre and had awful gunplay. that game got so hyped up here and then I played it and ugh. how do you go from the 2009 reboot to such a pile? never even finished it.

Sleeveless posted:

I haven't played The Order but the huge amount of backlash against it seems to be a reaction to the marketing more than anything else: if it had quietly come out with little fanfare nobody would have really cared but since the developers were running at the mouth about it being a revolution in cinematic storytelling and Sony tried to market it as a tentpole game people got really worked up at a game that was mostly just forgettably mediocre.

It wasn't even that much fun to mock after thethe Xbox One's continuing trainwreck of broken and microtransaction-riddled first-party offerings.

It's called Previously Recorded and it's all on YouTube, it's pretty hit-or-miss (Mike and Jay aren't really into video games so it's hosted by Rich Evans and Cancer Patient Moby) but their episode of The Order: 1886 has some good laughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0zJ89Fv8c

yeah it's definitely not a revolution in any sense, but it's a fun game. the story and characters aren't a masterpiece but they're engaging enough to drive the game, the gameplay is way more scrappy than GoW and feels more like a faster paced TLOU and the graphics are legitimately fantastic. I have honestly not realised ive been given control again a few times as there's no downgrading of visuals from cutscenes to gameplay and it looks that drat good.

• Locked thread