Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Praise the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I miss the senran kagura thread.

We need one now, more than ever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

speaking as a person who has had one of the imp zone mods mock him, the current imp zone mods mostly seem to work.

they don't probate a lot of people because almost nobody who doesn't belong there posts, and when they do, it is funny.

ZDR doesn't probate me for posting threads, but Zot does.

I think he still hates me for telling him that Farming Simulator 2015 has robots instead of old timey tractors now.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I sometimes wake up and I find out that during the night I was probated and the probation ended while I was sleeping.

He's like the toothfairy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

You can tell the difference because Nintendo is good

Uh all their major games have been anime and they sell little PVC statues that are for the majority princesses and elves.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

therres a reason we still have nintendo after all these decades.

hint: its because nintendo is good

I refuse to call the Gamecube good because it was a step down from the SNES and n64 in every way possible.

Hell the Wii was better than the Gamecube and that system was handicapped with stupid motion controls and still managed to make a game that was greater than any of the gamecube offerings(Xenoblade).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

what the actual gently caress dude

:frogout:

Hey look I speak from experience.

Even from a technical perspective Nintendo themselves realized this and they had to weld an entire other system onto it in order to make people buy it.

For a long time stores were selling the Zelda Anthology Bonus disc by itself because they had such an overstock of it and nobody was buying the systems. The Price of used and new games for anything on the system was under 10 bucks for the longest time. Like the fire sales they were having with the Gamecube games once the Wii came out were insane and only rivaled the later gamestop Gamecube sale when they were getting rid of the games for 75%-90% off and you get a free game with it as well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

probably a lot more I'm forgetting

But Super Mario Sunshune was forgettable.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All these lists with gamecube games and only a few of them were exclusive to the system.

bloodychill posted:

souls doesn't have guns

Wrong and also Bloodborne

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heavy Lobster posted:

All of these are good answers and all but none of them are Cubivore.

Yes nobody mentions cubivore because I think a large portion of people who own gamecubes never even saw this game let alone own it.

It's the equivalent to Robot Alchemic Drive for the PS2.

Also I had I am having a real good laugh over the amiibo collectors making GBS threads themselves over 3 am pre-orders and store exclusives. A real toy company like Hasbro would never do something so stupid and has actual re-sellers like Big bad Toy Store and it's own online shop that sells entire 1980's collector lines with little to no hassle.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Internet Kraken posted:

Pikmin 2 is one of the best games ever made and its on the gamecube. Therefore, the gamecube was good.

It's also on the Wii and was sold in larger quantities at a lower price point.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ahundredbux posted:

theres guns in batman but they're shooting at Batman and he goes over and breaks them

batman also takes pipes and caves peoples' skulls in and smashes them on concrete.

He also drives a car loaded with gadgets and people regularly die in the books.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm still laughing at the amiibo thread and all their conspiracy theories that exist to deny them their plastic statues.

They've exceeded Skylanders levels of dumb and stupid.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

dat one portagee posted:

Games are......... Good?

Yes Bright eyes, games good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

Then the usual Let's Play pantshitters started making GBS threads their pants and sending out rape threats over it because it's censorship and political correctness gone mad and the developers are obviously just bowing down to the threats of the feminazi shadow cabal.

If you mean people like those who dye their hair in rainbow colors I really can't say that their opinions lie within the realm of sanity. Like everything they say is within the realm of madness and when they get angry it's like double thesaurus mad.

Anyways the poem was funny and clever and to just get butthurt to the point where you make open threats to a developer which causes them to remove it and get even more open threats is comedy in itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I answered one of the great scientific questions today.

How fast can a german shepard destroy a television if it lunges at a videogame dog?

the answer is the same amount of time it takes to give the bloodmoon beast it's last hit and I miss the ending

and I need a new television now.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 4, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
For every white person I make feel uncomfortable with an ethnic slur, I high five the universe.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

I bought new Dark Souls 2 even though I'm a baby who ragequit Demon's Souls and traded it in after 45 minutes, gave up on Dark Souls after beating the tooth dragon, and stopped playing Bloodborne before reaching the first boss. Game = life

Bowen at the very least you could have used the game enhancers to play the game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Amiibo people are insane and are worse than the DOTA Lords.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Amiibo people are worse than bronies because atleast you can find the toys at stores months from now and they have supply ready and waiting.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

i dont even understand what the gently caress this comment says. but i can tell you there are some amiibo that are already "out of print" and will never be restocked, because nintendo is fuckin dumb and thinks the priority is what the toys activate on consoles, rather than "holy poo poo official nintendo figures of characters besides mario"

so you get a bunch of stores piled with five overproduced characters, like mario and DK and pikachu, and then all the figures people actually want are one-offs, leading to pre-orders for a fuckin jigglypuff toy selling out within 2 minutes of going up on amazon

some of these people haven't slept in like 3 days because wave 4 preorders were late going up on amazon

Again still worse than bronies because Hasbro has waves for transformers and all it's toys that have figures that are absent in future waves. And yet they do not have a problem making more money than Nintendo by providing actual toys instead of loving statues. You can go into a store right now and buy pretty much the first few waves of Combiner Wars with no issue.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

to be fair i don't think nintendo was anticipating insane people like the guy who bought $4000 worth of Rosalina amiibos out of actual genuine autistic hatred of the character.

Oh yeah sure a Japanese company that is located in Japan has no idea how insane collectors are out there.

Land of the loving 800 dollar blu-rays sets because people will gladly pay 800 dollars.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

it's actually kind of amazing how ignorant japanese businessmen are about a lot of things. nintendo is only just now taking baby steps into markets that other companies cornered a decade ago. the internet is still sort of a mystery to them

The internet in Japan is still in it's infancy. They just got pop-up ads a few years ago and geocities are still a thing.

The limited collector's mentality of amiibos has existed in Japan for decades, they just tried to apply it to other countries where this poo poo really doesn't happen anymore. I'm glad that I thoroughly do not give a poo poo about them.

Seriously you want Zelda and Firemblem statues? They have them and they're larger and cheaper than amiibos of all the characters you could ever want.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

why are there people talking to taint reaper

Are you questioning my vast and infinite knowledge of plastic anime knick-knacks?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bleusilences posted:

I wont get an Amiibo but it's seems great for kid and the asking price isn't so bad. It just I dont really see the point to own more then one of them.

13 dollars for a plastic statue is pisspoor, same with infinity and Skylanders.

for 13 bucks you could buy the World of Nintendo guys who are not only larger and can move, you can buy more than one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

The reason people can't buy enough of the robo-toys is because major economic power and developed country, Japan, is a backward island nation, with strange natives who have yet to discover the word "business"

-goons

You have no idea how backwards japanese-centric businesses are. It's a real thing and it's why so much poo poo is run differently than their American and European branches.

There's a documentary on how KFC came to japan and how it stayed despite a ton of other major players failing. You can't treat a business in japan like you can in America.

seriously ask microsoft.

Bleusilences posted:

Arent they memory card of something like that that you just swipe to load your stats at a friends house?

That's only for smash brothers. And it's only for the ones that are compatable with the ingame counterpart.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Noted business experts, "The Taint Reaper" and the Sonic Hedgehog guy who gets his news from 4chan have got Japan's socioeconomic problems licked.

They're running on an extremely conservative 18th century banking system, this is not a joke or an exaggeration. This is the reality of how the place functions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
backwards isn't racist

We're also talking about a heavily bureaucratic system. Like all this poo poo that everyone is complaining about with amiibos has already been solved by other companies like Takara and Tomy who give the licences out to toher companies to make more product and to have a list of resellers who can supply it to customers.

This poo poo only gets pulled by the Otaku-centric goods which is pretty much what amiibos fall under. They're nerd statues for nerds and Nintendo is treating them the same as majority of other japanese businesses would. Like all that limited edition vocaloid poo poo, it's the exact same thing and pain in the rear end to deal with.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i can write down a list of names of people who need to quit posting and it's everyone who has posted itt

Just like World War 3, it's never going to happen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

just gas this whole loving subforum

I see you have chosen the Dark Souls option.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

You are as mad about Amiibos as people in Israel and Palestine are about their dead relatives. What does it look like when you actually give a poo poo about something?

If you're going to make a comparison using the middle east you should have went with " I just left my mudhut to take a crap in a ditch that used to be my neighbor's yard and a missile just blew up my hut with my mother inlaw inside and I am so glad that i dodged this bullet"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The moral is japan is hosed up and retarded and all their bad poo poo needs to stay where it belongs and you should savor the agony of the amiibo guys.

seriously 50 bucks buys you 4 lovely amiibos when you could buy much better poo poo like this

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/combiner-wars-decepticons-621/megatron-leader-7437/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CJacobs posted:

You do know that actual children also buy them right

Like, I don't know what your perception of gaming in 2015 is, but it's legitimately not entirely comprised of 20-something straight white manchildren like the internet seems to think (just mostly)

edit: This post sounds like I'm saying Nintendo games are for children but actually I'm saying all games are for children and we're all just wasting our lives

Those 20 somethings beat up said children so they can buy the amiibos first.

This isn't a joke this is worse than when the CIA introduced crack cocaine into the ghettos and slums.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo sent out a letter explaining that amiibos of your favorite character shall be remade for every series/game release that they appear in and that each amiibo series line will be completely independent from each with their own numbering system.

You can also feel free to purchase the World of Nintendo figures from Jax Pacific which also feature almost all of your favorite characters

They're not understanding the whole supply/demand thing still

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Taint Reaper seems pretty serious about it.
I am single handedly supporting the Japanese economy with my videogame purchases, I think I have earned the right to complain about the motherland. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

you haven't been placed into a long term mental health facility yet so some system somewhere is failing hard

There's not a good mental health system that exists in the entire world.

You have a better chance at finding a real Unicorn.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I don't know if I broke something but the Second Quest in Zelda seems to have the enemies take all my life in a single hit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

Please stop, anime is really bad and should stay away from games like Mario which are really good

but Mario is anime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Devil's Third is apparently in deep poo poo, it played like a clone of Ryse with telltale QTE in between the action sequences.

it's been brought back to be redone from the ground up.

Adam Bowen posted:

I won't be

Mario bros. had their own anime OAV back in the 80's

They're anime, like you must have avoided Rosilina and the Galaxy games if you think they're not anime.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

The honest problem with these chat threads is that stux, adam bowen and t-reaper post so much and continue to argue about how anime things are, how bad/good anime is, and feminism in games, instead of good topics like how many bananas Donkey Kong can eat, cool catches on steam, or what jokes we should be begin preparing for this june's E3.

• Locked thread