Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I never played The Order (and most likely never will) but I remember it having a pretty neat werezombie-ish enemy in the trailers that is actually intelligent but I think I read somewhere that they rarely pop up and instead you mow down tons of normal soldiers or something because that would mean it did something novel and fun and we can't have that in our AAA cover shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I remember that ":sigh: I guess we have to put gameplay in our cinematic experience" quote. It was the quote that completely deflated any expectation I had of The Order based on the trailers.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's tough making a videogame as a failed movie director hellbent on inserting his panned movie script in every project.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I wonder how many early movie directors in the late 19th-early 20th century said they are trying to make a literary experience and are forced to deal with lighting and actors.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Metal Gear Solid 3 is by far the best MGS game and is just the right amount of batshit insane so play that regardless.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I think we can all agree that Kojima has gigantic balls for pulling poo poo like the protagonist switch in MGS2 in a triple A game that is also a sequel to a previous beloved triple A game knowing full well people are going to be pissed off about it.

I'm not saying that it's smart, however. Part of me thinks it's his way of rebelling against having to make MGS games again and again when he apparently wants to make something else but that might be over analyzing it.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Japanese drug law is crazy draconian cause it has a much bigger cultural taboo than in most Western countries. Plenty of designer drugs there to circumvent that, though.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Come to think of it TCC goons should make videogames, like how to not wake up your 6 year old daughter during a coke party or preventing your arm from falling off for as long as possible.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm stupid high, on life.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's almost like frequent drug use is not conducive to the lifestyle of a responsible adult.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's a wooden practice sword. Why it's not translated as such is beyond me.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm glad the one time I tried out WoW I quit playing it after an hour cause it was yet another boring MMORPG deathly afraid of actual gameplay. I think the only MMORPG I ended up playing a bunch was EVE Online but everything takes forever so I just got bored.

Never play MMOs.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

As long as any piece of medium is grimdark all of its embarassing unnecessary sexual content will be justified.

See also Game of Thrones.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gaben hates Bethesda games and this is his way of killing them.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I remember the Ubisoft presenter lady making terrible unprofessional jokes given the context at E3 2014 but I forgot exactly what.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

:laffo: It's even worse than I remembered.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Only the Japanese should be allowed to cosplay imho.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

She looks sufficiently underage for my discerning tastes.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Pretty sure all dogs are white underneath their fur.

It needed to be said.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

You should level up, it will automatically heal all status ailments.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I always found it very interesting how excited and proud people are for defeating a nasty boss in the Souls series even though barely anyone notices or cares inside the actual game. That disconnect works really well, for me at least, but I don't know why. Perhaps it's because the indifference of the NPCs makes victory all the sweeter. Even though you're inside a dying world where most people have given up on hope, you are the only one capable and willing to make poo poo happen.

You are making a difference in an indifferent world, basically.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Works just like a Greek tragedy.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It must be nice living without the ability to feel shame.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

program666 posted:

This seem like those awful episodes on sci-fi series when someone decides that they should discuss serious real life matters. Like that babylon 5 episode about work rights.

I think Star Trek Voyager was the worst offender from what I remember with all those holodeck episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I like how half the episodes was about character development of the holodeck doctor.

• Locked thread