Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

i would like to go on the record to say, that games are good.

i enjoy games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Playing a game with some friends while having some good food and cracking a beer is one of life's great treasures.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Imagine if people in the tv forum hated tv or people in the movie forum hated movies

you don't have to imagine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

anyone have any tips for this part?

problem i'm running into is that if you stand on the floating platform for too long it falls, and you lose a life. i've tried IMMEDIATELY jumping on to the column but getting the timing down is impossible for any normal human.

Rotate the color dudecahedron to mauve and roll it into the Nickelodeon gak pit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

please DO NOT make mod of any forum, but grant the mod requests of all who ask for it, so that they may be hoisted by their own petards.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am so pumped about DK64 that I would play bongos to celebrate, if I had them, until my wife told me to stop.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The game is back and about time too.
This time... I'm in the mood!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this hatred for cool game with king k rool boxing match will not stand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

speaking as a person who has had one of the imp zone mods mock him, the current imp zone mods mostly seem to work.

they don't probate a lot of people because almost nobody who doesn't belong there posts, and when they do, it is funny.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zoq deffo probates a little more than ZDr but if anything, IZ is lite on moderation, so if youre complaining about it, maybe post less?

shockingly, it is only the taint reaper and adam bowen who have complained about them...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

DK64 is an okay game if you don't try to 100% it because that will drive you crazy.

I hundred percented it and will probably do that again when I buy it in early May. :hellyeah:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

Is the surprise anime bonus cake? I hope it's cake

e: oh poo poo :snypa: the anime is me

yes, for this page.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

pictured: both sides of every argument regarding how anime something is:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am going to rewrite Dr. Seuss's The Zax so that the Zax are arguing over whether something is anime or not.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you're not allowed to use spiny shells on people when they hit the big three-oh. matt is a lucky man.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

smash bros, twilight princess, windwaker, four swords adventures, mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, metroid prime, metroid prime 2, and the Tony Hawk games were all ones that I enjoyed on the cube.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you don't need guns to be cool. just look at batman, he doesn't use guns and he is the hero of gotham.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mario sunshine is underrated. it had some mild collectathon stuff with the blue coins, but the controls are pretty tight, it's challenging, and it paved the way for galaxy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I would play another relaxed island Mario with shine sprites, or enjoy another Mario galactic adventure, or, indeed, some new venture for the plumber mascot, such as a cave exploration Mario, or a Forest Mario, or a Super Mario amusement park.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

http://www.nintendoamusementpark.com/legal.php

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Their business model is literally "yes, lots of people will get hurt and have bruises at our amusement park, and we don't own the copyright to the characters, but hopefully Nintendo will love us instead of suing us."

i am glad that I googled for Nintendo amusement Park

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Isn't this extremely dangerous?"
"Yeah, thanks, Mom. So is riding on a motorcycle, but you're allowed to do that! Anyway, we're looking for investors."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kirby is made of clay in his latest game, and thus immune to guns, anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He'd say DRAWWWW!! whenever he attacked.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ike Dreams of Nintendo's Link

Had I Nintendos's amiibo Link
Enwrought with manly and columned piss,
The Marth and the Pit and the Yoshi
Of Toad and Ness and the Smash Bros,
I would tap the toys against your Wii:
But I, being poor, have only my games;
I have spread my games under your console;
Tread softly because you tread on my games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*record scratch*
Here
Here
Here we go!
He's finally here! Performing for you!
He's the first member... of the D... K... crew!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Colonel posted:

DK64 had some really cool worlds. Fungi Forest, Frantic Factory and Creepy Castle were the best.

I don't even remember most of those!! Frantic Factory was good, except I remember the beginning was kind of annoying. There's a part where they force you beat the original Donkey Kong with one life, which was cool. I'm looking forward to playing it again, so I can remember Fungi Forest and Creepy Castle.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

i do not feel threatened, though I am now mildly annoyed. whether it's from the fact when someone (though not me) makes fun and proves someone to be an over reactive idiot on the internet but have the correct politics for whatever is the flavor of this month, goons like you cannot laugh at the fool but instead defend them to the death because somehow someway, GamerGate/MRA/PUAs will reopen rape camps and elect Ted Cruz. the word stalking comes up for looking through a public twitter account, though the same is done in the heart beat if they mildly disagree.

I am not going to bother to rewrite or requote Wayne Gresky on here but leave it at he said it best, and it sad you can't loving laugh at a literal basement dwelling nitwit who got mad over a joke as mild as tapwater.

lol that was referring to the kickstarter guy's quote you loving twit.

It has no style
It has no grace
This post is a huge disgrace

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was going to do a gaming verion of the TS Eliot poem because of the cruelest month content but Eliot takes too much effort to recreate.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

Roses are red a violet bead.

Play video games while smoking mad weed.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

There was a vote for a new forums rule for a week. GBS chose to ban anime because they were sick of a group of posters shoving anime gifs into every thread they went in. People preferred anime free GBS so much the rule was made permanent. The end.

To be fair this:

Accordion Man posted:

The notion of unironically liking anything leaves New GBS scared and confused.

is also true.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've still been fooling around with RPGmaker. it's fun to have hobbies that don't really go anywhere and have no point!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Let's not just post that word over and over again. Not everyone can get away with the things King Bowser does.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

For every white person I make feel uncomfortable with an ethnic slur, I high five the universe.

Everyone else who feels this way, please not that you are agreeing with the Taint Reaper.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

the first monday morning of the month is probably one of the worst possible times to go to the dmv

It's actually the end of the month that's the worst, in my experience working for an insurance agency and being The Guy Who Had to Go to the RMV (which is what we call it in MA)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mondays are okay in Harvest Moon, but not so good for life, as I am already bleeding from all my fingers from paper cuts, for having to make many many copies of things for a meeting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I prefer to just walk around bleeding and upsetting everyone in my office.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

[menstruation joke here]

[your mom]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pro-tip: bring your mobile phone or handheld gaming device and a pair of headphones to enjoy some quality gaming time if you have to wait. Just be sure that you can hear or see your number being called.

• Locked thread