Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
If you use any continues, you can not get Foxhound rank. So yeah, I don't think you have to start over, just quit when you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Double-checked it and yeah, you can just quit and load saves instead of continuing when you die.

Need any other tips for it or is that all you needed to know?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Eagle posted:

good luck. ration your saves wisely as you have a limited number of them if you want FOXHOUND. it is hard.

I never found saves to be an issue because you're allowed 25 of them and I didn't even use that many saves when I didn't pay attention to ranks. I always had more of an issue with never being able to use any life medicines than anything else. Also, I didn't realize that cutscenes still counted towards your time so I forgot to skip some and wound up with just over five hours on my first run because of that.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 3, 2015

• Locked thread