Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I guess you're a SJW if your first reaction to this exchange is opprobrium and not finding it hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's not as funny the third time seeing it.

Seeing racists who still can't hold back with the photos is the new hilarious joke, keep going.

<-----------------:love: yes, just like that I love it.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 5, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This thread would be of significantly higher quality had it been posted in GBS.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
What a perfect racist honey pot. You almost couldn't ask for a better news story - the dude even manages to die in an altercation with police, and it's his own drat fault for crashing the car. Those comments sections must be white hot. "Where were the death panels!? How is a society supposed to function without death panels!?"

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this is a really bad thread, even for GBS

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:gas: corpse poster ban thread

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Seeing racists who still can't hold back with the photos is the new hilarious joke, keep going.

The anger they feel is incredible.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

Motto posted:

This thread would be of significantly higher quality had it been posted in GBS.

D&D without moderation is GBS without the humor.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SedanChair posted:

VitalSigns posted:

I don't know how I feel about you quoting my arrow to make it point at you :gay:

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I was hoping this thread would move into "is there strong evidence or proof of racism in the organ triage process and, based on this, what role if any should public advocacy play", but nope, still retarded.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SedanChair posted:

Pot, meet kettle.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I was hoping this thread would move into "is there strong evidence or proof of racism in the organ triage process and, based on this, what role if any should public advocacy play", but nope, still retarded.

Racism is a given when dealing with white people, other than self-loathing white people.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

TheImmigrant posted:

Racism is a given when dealing with white people, other than self-loathing white people.

What about white people who aren't self loathing but do feel mild disappointment in themselves? Half racist?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Adventure Pigeon posted:

What about white people who aren't self loathing but do feel mild disappointment in themselves? Half racist?

I defer to Che Brigadistas on issues of Doctrine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheImmigrant posted:

The majority of white people are racists, a good post.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Maybe things are different in the US, but the thing I find scary about the one Facebook photo isn't the skin colour, it's the fact that there's a minor in possession of a handgun, and he appears to want to show the world (in a fairly aggressive way, no less, by pointing the gun at the camera).

The picture with his shirt off is just fine, he looks like a perfectly normal young man (if a little goofy). The picture with the gun is more troubling, for me, and it would be whether the guy in question was black or white.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Yeah, that is the point.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

PT6A posted:

Maybe things are different in the US, but the thing I find scary about the one Facebook photo isn't the skin colour, it's the fact that there's a minor in possession of a handgun, and he appears to want to show the world (in a fairly aggressive way, no less, by pointing the gun at the camera).

The picture with his shirt off is just fine, he looks like a perfectly normal young man (if a little goofy). The picture with the gun is more troubling, for me, and it would be whether the guy in question was black or white.

Oh lawd look out she gonna shoot you cracka

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That photo with the gun is goofy as gently caress. If you find that intimidating you have either never been or known a teenage boy or are a massive racist.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
Note to self: Never visit the US.

Hell I own guns, but if posing with a pistol like that is normal, I want to avoid the entire country.

e: At least the girl above isn't pointing the rifle at the camera and has proper trigger discipline, but it's still an odd photo to make your facebook pic.

e #2: Also, I'd like to think the girl doesn't have an extensive criminal record, unlike our deceased friend. If you don't find someone with a history of violent crime pointing a gun intimidating well :shrug:

tumblr.txt fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 5, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ddraig posted:

I don't find that threatening so much as I find it deeply disturbing.

Mind you, I do see a clear difference between long guns and handguns, as well as a picture of or with a gun, and and picture pointing the gun at the camera.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Interesting to see all the pro gun-control posts appearing in this thread.

Maybe the United States should have regulation that does a better job keeping guns out of the hands of teenagers, then frightening pictures like these won't happen. Eh?

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

tumblr.txt posted:

Note to self: Never visit the US.

Hell I own guns, but if posing with a pistol like that is normal, I want to avoid the entire country.

e: At least the girl above isn't pointing the rifle at the camera and has proper trigger discipline, but it's still an odd photo to make your facebook pic.
If you are gonna visit somewhere, take up my suggestion about a hospital/clinic or ER room in a primarily white part of the globe. Your tirades about how anyone should be denied patient care because of loving up is astounding to hear coming from a non American (at least Americans have decades of ignorance behind them, whats your excuse?)

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Ddraig posted:

lmao. Don't tell me, she also got arrested 11 times for carjacking, burglaries etc.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

shrike82 posted:

lmao. Don't tell me, she also got arrested 11 times for carjacking, burglaries etc.
Given the normal course of things for Hillbilly looking fuckers, Meth use and everything that goes along with it are far more likely.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

VitalSigns posted:

Interesting to see all the pro gun-control posts appearing in this thread.

Maybe the United States should have regulation that does a better job keeping guns out of the hands of teenagers, then frightening pictures like these won't happen. Eh?
I don't know US law that well, but I'm pretty sure minors and felons are already prohibited from owning pistols. If so then he's already breaking the law & better enforcement is needed. If not, if you can suggest a better way to realistically keep guns out of the hands of criminals (keeping in mind there are already ~300 million out there), without inconveniencing innocent people, I'm all ears.

Remember money for law enforcement / health / public services is finite, so please give a rough cost benefit analysis before suggesting something that will bankrupt the USA.

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp

Ddraig posted:

That photo with the gun is goofy as gently caress. If you find that intimidating you have either never been or known a teenage boy or are a massive racist.

Ahaha yeah it's totally normal teenage behaviour to own a handgun and pose with it in a mirror with a mouthful of cash.

Oh dear don't call me a racist now whatever shall I dooooooooooo

Remember if you're critical of a lifestyle you're a bigot folks. You don't want to be a bigot do you?

Thank you Ddraig for being the white knight of those poor downtrodden urban youths.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

tezcat posted:

If you are gonna visit somewhere, take up my suggestion about a hospital/clinic or ER room in a primarily white part of the globe. Your tirades about how anyone should be denied patient care because of loving up is astounding to hear coming from a non American (at least Americans have decades of ignorance behind them, whats your excuse?)
The argument has never been "violent criminals don't deserve medical care", but rather "if we have to choose between a normal person and a violent criminal, should we flip a coin or say the violent criminal isn't worth it?"

If there was no-one else in the queue, fine, give the guy the Heart. If there was anyone else who wasn't on the path to becoming a career criminal, give it to them instead.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

tumblr.txt posted:

I don't know US law that well, but I'm pretty sure minors and felons are already prohibited from owning pistols. If so then he's already breaking the law & better enforcement is needed. If not, if you can suggest a better way to realistically keep guns out of the hands of criminals (keeping in mind there are already ~300 million out there), without inconveniencing innocent people, I'm all ears.

Remember money for law enforcement / health / public services is finite, so please give a rough cost benefit analysis before suggesting something that will bankrupt the USA.

Ah, that's what I thought. No interest in improving regulation or enforcement, just impotent handwringing about teenagers with guns.

I'm cool keeping things the same; I like my guns. I'm not the one quivering in fear at the super common phenomenon of teenagers getting access to guns though. I accept that this will basically happen in our current legal environment. Maybe ask them what they want to do?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

shrike82 posted:

She could be a juvenile sex offender for all you know. I wonder why you regard it as being somehow more absurd to make assumptions about her criminal record?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

What I find funny is the attempt to white-wash the guy's behavior as teenagers being teenagers.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

SedanChair posted:

She could be a juvenile sex offender for all you know. I wonder why you regard it as being somehow more absurd to make assumptions about her criminal record?

Lol, don't stop.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

VitalSigns posted:

Ah, that's what I thought. No interest in improving regulation or enforcement, just impotent handwringing about teenagers with guns.
Actually, I am interested, but I think that ship has sailed. Even if it were somehow possible to outlaw all guns - buying them back at $500 ea would cost about $150 billion. Assuming you get 90% of them off the streets in a buyback, and get have a massive law enforcment effort that gets 1000/day off the street - it would take ~82 years to get them all. To put the owners in jail would increase the prison population tenfold.

I don't think you, I, or anyone else in this thread has any realistic and affordable way to stop scum in the US getting guns.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

In addition, guns are big money in the USA and going up against that lobby takes huge resources that are probably better spent elsewhere.

But I don't know, maybe one of the people saying a teenager should never be able to get his hands on a gun has some ideas. I'd certainly be up for hearing about them since the sight of an American teenager with a gun is apparently so shocking and disturbing to some Americans, instead of just the status quo with our current system.

E: Plus I think it's better to let the right come up with gun control proposals. Either it makes for a more productive conversation since it's a collaboration instead of stonewalling, or they admit they don't want any tougher regulation in which case we can just dispense with the "but teenagers shouldn't have guns" red herring since their policy position is that in fact they should.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 5, 2015

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

shrike82 posted:

What I find funny is the attempt to white-wash the guy's behavior as teenagers being teenagers.

Well, emotionally and behaviorally disabled teenagers being EBD teenagers.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

shrike82 posted:

Please rephrase your statement in a non-racist way, or I shall be forced to report you for reeducation.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I love the persecution complex.

"Someone said I'm wrong on the internet, oh noes I must be headed to a concentration camp! :cry:"

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I love the persecution complex.

"Someone said I'm wrong on the internet, oh noes I must be headed to a concentration camp! :cry:"

Excellent post, tovarishch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SedanChair posted:

She's a little girl.

• Locked thread