Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Mandy Thompson posted:

There is a standing question about whether right and wrong should be based on consequences or if it should be based on rules that you don't break. I've been thinking more about it and I just cannot in good conscience sentence a teen to death by denying him a heart transplant on the basis that he is a delinquent. It wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. And supposing the teen survived the carjacking incident, its really unlikely we would put him to death, a lengthy prison sentence to be sure but not death. His crimes were stupid but not worth dying over.

Do you understand that there are a finite number of donative organs and that someone had to not recieve an organ in order for him to have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Which was an incorrect prediction, since he obviously complied with his medication if he could be that physically active two years later

He's not physically active now due to his decisions.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Which were not the basis for denying him the transplant.

You just want to go back and read what happened later into the doctor's decision.

I never said it was the basis. Your projecting is really obnoxious.

• Locked thread