Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

BigBoss posted:

These photos are Chappelle's Show quality.

Seriously. Arguments about the appropriateness of giving this kid a heart aside that's a pretty funny burn on the part of the news anchor that responded.

Shame the kid couldn't turn his life around though. Fifteen is early enough that nothing's really set in stone.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Amos Moses posted:

Transplants should not be open to public discourse. The first decision was the right decision.

Something as expensive and in such short supply should have factors like criminal history and societal worth take into it.
The fact that this surgery happened and a heart was wasted should be more than enough to convince you that outside sources should not have impact on these kind of decisions.

Now spout some stupid SJW bullshit at me.

Okay. So how do you define societal worth?

Because you're opening a whole can of worms there. You want to see a shitstorm? Try the sort of bullshit justifications you'd get when trying to decide whether someone is worth more than someone else because of the cash they pull in or job they hold.

And that's assuming some sort of mythical society where you don't get bias thrown into the picture in some way. I mean, gently caress, a good chunk of the country can't seem to agree with the rest of the country that gay people deserve equal rights. Do you really think that would go over that well in a society like ours?

There's a reason why these panels aren't supposed to take some sort of theoretical worth into account. You're just asking for trouble and a host of tragedies.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 5, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Motto posted:

That's called parenting and actually paying attention to what your kids do with the computer, their guns, and their phones.
Fixed that for you.

Where the gently caress did this kid even get a gun at anyways?

Motto posted:

What are you guys arguing about at this point? He was rejected for reasons, those reasons were contested, and he got on the list.

Some people think that we should judge whether someone gets a transplant based on a matter of opinion rather than an assessment on whether the transplant is likely to be rejected/health risks. Cue bullshit about how some posters think we should judge people's transplant status on their worth to society along with a number of other batshit remarks.

Honestly, this thread went to some weird places.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 5, 2015

• Locked thread