Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Zeno-25 posted:

It makes them bad people because of the end result, not because of their motivations. Good intentions and all that.

Someone else could have gotten the heart, instead it was wasted (and probably destroyed in the crash), so you have two dead people. One that deserved to croak long ago and another that could have received the heart and lived. That, along with all of the race-bating shenanigans by the family to manipulate the hospital into performing the transplant, makes them bad people.

The hospital might have been afraid of accusations of racism, and there might have been members of the public playing the race card, but I don't see any evidence that the family actually did. The family contact the media, media makes some news, hospital immediately capitulates. Where was the race baiting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Black people complaining publicly about possible discrimination = race baiting

The parents are at fault for not letting their teenage thug die of a heart defect. Shame on them.

My point was I didn't see any examples of the family members complaining about possible discrimination

• Locked thread