Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SedanChair posted:

The organs belong to dead people, there would be no theft.

I once interviewed at a program that sources corneas. They have a 24/7 staff of workers whose job it is to comb through hospital intake data, call grieving family members immediately after death and try to convince them to give up their deceased loved ones' eyes. This should not be necessary.

The need for organs outweighs the need for cultural sensitivity in this case. I would be willing to tolerate religious exemptions with considerable hoops to jump through.

I think most religious officials are on board with donation too so it's not a good excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
black people can't even get an organ transplant in this country without it becoming major national news

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It seems recently that anyone who browses the internet on a regular basis will have an encyclopedic knowledge of every black criminal and the crimes they committed recently. I'm not sure why this is something that's worth discussing because there's probably a lot of scumbag white people who have squandered donated organs. How many white people (a group predisposed to alcoholism either through poor culture and/or genetics) get a liver transplant and then blow through that one by going back to hitting the bottle?

• Locked thread