Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

come on you know you have to only get one :ssj: WHICH ONE DO YOU PICK :ssj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08dbXQFyOLI

are you ready to race like a big boy?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

yeah im psyched for need for speed hot pursuit too, i cant wait to be a cop and do takedowns on cars

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn6INqP6Cow
loving hell look at the things blow up

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

liquid courage posted:

the pc port of split/second is really bad, or so i've heard. which sucks, because the game looks fun.
It's a terrible port but I played that port to completion and I'll never regret that. Just get through the tutorial, then up the music and turn down the sound effects and you'll be fine. There's controller support but no native 360 controller bindings so you'll have to deal with that. Also, someone managed to unlock the framerate, which kills the car physics.

The sound files are all kept in default FMOD containers, so you might be able to mess with those to put in something more fun than the mindless soundtrack. The dynamic soundtrack system is pretty neat but most of the tunes are forgettable.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 5, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pretty much. Only good thing I can say about the port is that the 30 FPS framerate is stable.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

The worst part about consoles being extremely underpowered compared to PCs is that it makes developers super, super lazy.
Before the Steam release only Brits were allowed to download it legally, and then only from GameFly.

This is the game that killed Black Rock Studio, by the way.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

elf help book posted:

im really excited for 200cc in mario kart 8
Finally, Mario Kart will approach the greatness that is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's too bad Nintendo put time and money into fixing Mario Kart instead of being smart and making a new F-Zero.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

None of those franchises have an entry as good as F-Zero GX, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sorry you can't handle the truth, mr. robot

• Locked thread