Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
Personally, I think Microsoft was on to something with their ergonomic natural keyboards and is in fact what I use on a daily basis, but that's just me. The Model M seems to be bigged up a lot here, but honestly I don't see the attraction. What model of keyboard floats your boat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i use a mechanical keyboard to assert my dominance in the household op

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i use a logitech k120, op

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
One morning, when you wake from troubled dreams, you find yourself transformed in your bed into a set of twenty horrible computers. Each has a different keyboard. Which do you use? Do you settle on one, learning to cope with its idiosyncrasies, or switch from one to another, forever seeking the 'perfect keyboard' that you will never find?

Think carefully before you answer.....

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Wishing you'd put your hands on this keyboard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ergo dox for the wank

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don;t program, but I have a Logitech K170 for gaming and general purpose. Anything more than that is a waste of money.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
The cheapest one op, its about whats in ur heart that counts

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don;t program, but I have a Logitech K170 for gaming and general purpose. Anything more than that is a waste of money.

enjoy your latency and non-mechanical keys you scrub

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LAtency is something the marketing guys at razer came up with to trick stupid nerds into buying their crap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Err, oyu need to pay $200 for this special keyboard...it makes that retarded clicky sound that everyone hate...and uhh, the latency it 420 micro watts franglier than a regular key board. Oh and you can press as many buttons as you want at the same time, which is helpful if you have a baby or a farm animal do all your typing.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

have a baby or a farm animal do all your typing.

dont give away the secret of my posting

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
they are all p much the same op i think i just got that 20 dollar Logitech k120 at work

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Why the hell would I waste my time programming on the computer when I have actual work to do?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

computer toucher posted:

Why the hell would I waste my time programming on the computer when I have actual work to do?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

computer toucher posted:

Why the hell would I waste my time programming on the computer when I have poo poo posts to do?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
not a programmer OP but i enjoy my twin DELL AT101w keyboards at home and at the office

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mal means bad in spanish

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also happens to be the nick name your mother gave your balls

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yr takin the piss mate?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

yr takin the piss mate?

tbf I wasnt around when your mother was naming your balls but I can imagine it happening

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i use the one on my desk

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Visual GNUdio posted:

Wishing you'd put your hands on this keyboard

i want this

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

post yer dream kbd spex

- the keys/mechanisms from the Apple extended keyboard ii
- some utility keys (volume, play/pause, calculator)
- not a poo poo-ton of utility keys though. it's easier to hit them without looking if there are just a few
- reasonable key rollover
- wireless
- usb port for when the batteries are low, since I'm bad at remembering to charge my spare AAs
- no f-lock. but if it has f-lock, don't cannibalize a win-key for it (logitech :argh:)
- ctrl keys in the corners. decent sized ones too, no tiny rounded nubs
- two win/cmd/super keys
- lights inside toggle keys :3:
- also, make the caps lock key small or offset so it's harder to hit by accident
- inverted T arrow keys
- integrated nipple mouse? not sure on this one, might be pushing it into homer-car territory here
- dying alone

p.s. wikipedia says the apple extended keyboard cost $163. if that's for the original, converting from 1987 dollars comes to almost $340. you kids today with your $30 wireless kb/m combos

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

a dumb apple keyboard thats too small and has no numpad on the side :(

pram
Jun 10, 2001
10 keyless for. the. win.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

keytronic Bunchabeige®

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

echinopsis posted:

tbf I wasnt around when your mother was naming your balls but I can imagine it happening

You closed your purchases thread so let me ask you here

Is there anyone who sells key caps where F and J are flat but U and H have little bumps?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wireless filco majestouch 10keyless with cherry blues. idk if ths is possible but maybe a usb plug on it for thumb drives. transfer rate could be slow idgaf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
al;so inductive charging so when i eacve the office i could just place it on a pad thing overnight and have it recharge... wow.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/xt_stealth/

It has all the keys i need and is relatively compact compared to a lot of the ergo keyboards.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

madeupfred posted:

Is there anyone who sells key caps where F and J are flat but U and H have little bumps?

wtf language is this for

but :hf: buddy who learned to type with key bumps for the middle fingers

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

took me years of solid touch typing to realize what the bumps are for.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wtf language is this for

but :hf: buddy who learned to type with key bumps for the middle fingers

Dvorak :blush:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

computer toucher posted:

took me years of solid touch typing to realize what the bumps are for.

this was the first thing i learned in 3rd grade typing class :v:

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
A monoprice mechanical keyboard I can't remember the name of with THE most annoying blue clicky switches because ftp. Its the closest I could find to the old IBM keyboards I also can't remember the name of. And it's built like a loving tank. Ownsbones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i use an Apple Extended II which i got from an old lady's basement. it endears me to the olds, and its DK nubs troll the IT goons when they come by to install some dumb poo poo i don't need.

• Locked thread