Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mach2 posted:

thread should have been goldmined after this post
i do genuinely like my vita, olli olli 2 and rayman origins are dope games on the go

also it's just the video card that's fried, ill need to replace it but i wanna replace the psu before i do that, the one in my computer right now is at least 5 years old

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Great Joe posted:

i do genuinely like my vita

I though I would like my vita after Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok but I ended up realizing that all I would ever use it for were lovely anime games. D'=

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You say that but the only anime game I've played on it was Persona 4 Gold and I got kinda sick of that before finishing it. I've mostly been using my Vita in quick little spurts and it's been perfect at that. Anyway, update on broke PC: graphics card's at the shop, I'm looking at deals on a new PSU, saw a few 80 plus bronzes but the cheapest I've found is 80 plus silver, think I'll go for that one. Wish me luck, imps!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

That link is very cool and I'm glad you linked it. Thanks. :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember when Strongbad lost his computer?

Yes. Very yes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unguided posted:

Yes. Very yes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pretty sure my compy didn't pee my carpet.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got some good news: My compy is alive and well.

Bad news is my screen isn't. It does 1080p on both the VGA and HDMI ports but the DVI is hosed up somehow, only takes around 70 Hz before crapping itself. Luckily I had an old screen collecting. Stay strong with me gamers, I'm gonna be gaming at 1680x1050 for a while now.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
small screen bithc

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:smithicide:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Great Joe posted:

Bad news is my screen isn't. It does 1080p on both the VGA and HDMI ports but the DVI is hosed up somehow, only takes around 70 Hz before crapping itself. Luckily I had an old screen collecting. Stay strong with me gamers, I'm gonna be gaming at 1680x1050 for a while now.

this is still a cool res because its got a bit more than smaller reses but not as much as bigger reses. so it is nicer on the gpu. crank dat

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Great Joe posted:

Why are you using dvi?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

Why are you using dvi?
Because it's dual-link, which if the screen worked, would let me do 1080p at 144 Hz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

My screen got RMA'd and now I'm on a more recent model. Thanks go to BenQ for having a great RMA policy. :pcgaming:

• Locked thread