Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
*sigh* All right, let me see what this one is about. Can't possibly be worse than 3.

Well, at least the "dumping you into the middle randomly" thing didn't last long enough to get too confusing. Johnny Yong Bosch sounds more manly in this game than Rush Sykes. That does fit the designs of both characters, though.

I do NOT at ALL like the sound of "Purification". That sounds like it'll be something really :japan:

This game gets an 11 out of 10 on the Crappy Costume-o Meter.
  • :stare: What the gently caress are the women (not) wearing? Here's a tip: Pants. Learn them, love them. Also, Shirts.
  • Also does Delta have his shirt on backwards. What's with the stupid tails on his shirt? What would the point of those be ? They'll just get tangled in your legs its so stupid argh
  • The Empress is wearing some Quarian helmet/burqua thing?
  • The Sharl look like human women with wings. Skimpy outfits. natch.
  • why is everyone allergic to pants
  • help

I think I'm going to wear out the :stare: emoticon.

Decent normal battle music so far, although the non-moving heroine mannequin is a bit off-putting.

booksnake posted:

I expected no less.

But Cass had better get the gently caress developed out of her character soon because right now she's just sending all the tsundere signals and while I expected :japan:, I really don't want to have to deal with that particular lovely archetypal bullshit it has

She has some kind of established past with Delta, and she hasn't seemed unreasonably grumpy, so Cass seems okay so far - (that is until the dive update). Of course, I generally like that archtype...

quote:

Sharloon: Right now, there’s a war going on between two countries… The Tsun Kingdom and the Dere Empire.
You were just captured by the Tsun Kingdom. We, on the other hand, live in the Dere Empire.

...but this is not one of those times. More tact and definitely more character development is needed, and just throwing out a word is NOT a useful way to describe a character. This is way too soon and does not work because even though Cass and Delta have known each other for a while, to the viewer, Cass hasn't had enough screentime or development as a person to make this love-hate Delta obsession the center of the first dive.

quote:

Well, of course… In that kingdom, they speak Tsun-anese.

this is very very bad

...Let me guess, 5049 is a prime number.

Tarezax posted:

I think Nay has warped Cass's idea of what empresses are supposed to look like.

Also, our hero is already further along than Croix was with Cloche at this point in the game! Cloche's big tsundere level was all the way down on level 5. TBF though Croix and Cloche started off as complete strangers while Cass and Delta clearly have quite a bit of history together.

That worked better because by that time, you knew more about the characters and the causes of their problems. Also they did not try to simplify her personality/her problem down to just two syllables.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That worked better because by that time, you knew more about the characters and the causes of their problems. Also they did not try to simplify her personality/her problem down to just two syllables.

As we'll see tomorrow, her problem is not actually as simple as it appears. Like this is the first Dive of the game so it doesn't pull some of the mean-spirited poo poo we'll see later on but they put a lot more thought into the overall plots of the Dive content here in Ar Nosurge (and as a result they're in general a lot longer and more elaborate).

And in case it gets missed as the last post of the previous page:

Feinne posted:

So, since it matters more to you the readers a brief poll:

After this Dive, I've actually got two possible things I can do. What I actually DID was see a bunch of scenes with Nay at the restaurant so I could unlock some syntheses. However, I have recorded plenty enough of our rescue mission for an update or two. So, a couple of options:

Option A: Just show it as I did it, so after the Dive we'll see a bunch more pretty funny stuff in that side-story, then several updates of plot in a row.

Option B: Skip it for an update in favor of some plot advancement, then weave in updates with that content in between plot updates.

I can make either work, and this issue will be recurring because there is a strong incentive to unlock all the new poo poo every time there in fact is new poo poo (since that's again almost 100% of our sources of new equipment) which means on my end we'll have a bunch of that sort of content all together.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 9, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Feinne posted:

I'm going to bring up a plus side to this Dive, this is probably the weakest one in the game by a wide margin and once we get to the payoff it's still actually pretty decent.

This whole Dive thing sounds interesting to me so its why I'm sticking with this despite the horrid character design. I imagine it will be better when we aren't dealing with character issues that are literally being "tsundere" :ughh:

Feinne posted:

Option B: Skip it for an update in favor of some plot advancement, then weave in updates with that content in between plot updates.

This sounds like the best idea to me personally.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 9, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The whole entire Tsun/Dere war thing was completely cringe-worthy to read, but like always there's hidden depths to these things. Reason why I read these things anyway. Thankful that this blows away earlier than later.

Edit: Oh loving damnit I just remembered what that event still that costed 7k was. And I didn't even play the game!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Internet Kraken posted:

This whole Dive thing sounds interesting to me so its why I'm sticking with this despite the horrid character design. I imagine it will be better when we aren't dealing with character issues that aren't literally being "tsundere" :ughh:

See, the issue being solved here isn't "Cass is Tsundere," because that's not an issue that Delta could solve here. These dives always, always have more going on than something like that.

Let's take a quick look at the facts:
1. The "root" of the issue here is a conflict over the appearance of the Warrior, which is a giant, evil-looking Delta.
2. The Warrior appeared six months ago.
3. Six months ago Delta tried to open the barrier for no clear reason.
4. Despite this, Cass is still looking out for Delta.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The "tsundere" thing is pretty stupid, but since we're dealing with it now it's just the surface of her issues, and pretty much gets overcome immediately, plot-wise. They're also tying it into her distrust of Delta as a possibly spy who tried to kill everyone half a year ago, so there's kind of a better reason for "tsundere" than usual? I mean, I definitely roll my eyes along with everyone else about how direct they're being, but I don't they're trying to sum up her entire character in one word, they're just being obnoxiously self-aware about the tropes they're using.

The Sharl are obviously supposed to be fairies.

And yes, people need to learn to pants. Luckily, the character designs are almost definitely the worst part of this thing.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Clarste posted:

being obnoxiously self-aware about the tropes they're using.

Yeah this might happen again btw.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

...Let me guess, 5049 is a prime number.

No.

3 * 3 * 3 * 11 * 17 = 5049.

I also have no idea what I'm watching, but I can't stop.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Also, since this update confirmed that the short tracks on the Ar Nosurge Hymmnos albums are the song magic activation tracks: I can't wait to see the dives where we get SEXY_METAL_IDOL and I_HAVE_NO_ROYALTY_INCOME

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hmm, just discovered that there was a indie/doujin Hymmnos soundtrack. It goes by "PARADIGM SHIFT ~cenjue innna, cenjue ciel~".

One of their songs.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Also, since this update confirmed that the short tracks on the Ar Nosurge Hymmnos albums are the song magic activation tracks: I can't wait to see the dives where we get SEXY_METAL_IDOL and I_HAVE_NO_ROYALTY_INCOME

Yeah, so the Genometrics Concert CDs have a bunch of short tracks that are all Hymnn::NAME_HERE that go with the Song Magics when used in battle. Though they are actually missing a couple, including one of the absolute best ones which is weird.

Also, please do remember to opine on whether you'd rather see synthesis/shop stuff in intermittent updates or in dumps where as I actually did them followed by uninterrupted plot.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 9, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I wish they would have taken some resources etc. from the Atelier developers branch, because I played Atelier Ayesha after this and Animations etc were so much better. It's not AT3 but the 3d models still totally lack expressions most of the time and the animations are pretty amateurish. (Cass's hair is one big piece of cardboard for example)

Also get used to war on pants.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Nay was wearing overalls in the Ciel Nosurge video I posted earlier. Maybe we'll see a few alternate outfits with pants?????(watch there be like, one, in the entire game)

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

We will be running into someone with pants soon but their suspicious nature will only be reinforced by the fact that they perhaps have TOO MUCH pants.

The best part is with a game like this I could totally be loving with you or this could be god's truth and there's no way for you to know.

EDIT: Looking through the artbook again I will say more people than normal have clothes that you can comprehend how they are put together without like non-Euclidean poo poo happening and your brain growing eyeballs so I'm going to call that a net win. Like shocking numbers of the female cast are wearing things that are pretty tasteful. Just, um, not Nay. And potentially Cass, if you didn't think Neptune was tastefully dressed (they are basically wearing the same thing).

Feinne fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 9, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

The "tsundere" thing is pretty stupid, but since we're dealing with it now it's just the surface of her issues, and pretty much gets overcome immediately, plot-wise. They're also tying it into her distrust of Delta as a possibly spy who tried to kill everyone half a year ago, so there's kind of a better reason for "tsundere" than usual? I mean, I definitely roll my eyes along with everyone else about how direct they're being, but I don't they're trying to sum up her entire character in one word, they're just being obnoxiously self-aware about the tropes they're using.

The Sharl are obviously supposed to be fairies.

And yes, people need to learn to pants. Luckily, the character designs are almost definitely the worst part of this thing.

I don't know if there's anything more annoying than when a game acts as if it's usage of cliched tropes is okay because they self awarely acknowledge how lame they are, but still use them anyway.

And about the designs, I feel like they're something that'd be way worse when actually playing the game because at least in LP format you can quickly scroll past the offending screenshots.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Oh boy, Genometrics. Let's take Cosmospheres, but make them even more complicated and with added backtracking if you want everything! Didn't help on my first playthrough that I suck at cosmosphere stuff, and the only guide for these was half translated, missing some levels and sometimes just flat out wrong. :shepicide: At least they let you go back to do previous scenes over again if you screw up. But yeah, this is the weakest level in the game, so it was nice of them to get it out of the way early for us.

And back on outfit chat, I really have no idea what they were going for with the orange part with flappy things on Delta's outfit, or the evidently denim vest he's wearing under it:

Feinne posted:

Yeah, so the Genometrics Concert CDs have a bunch of short tracks that are all Hymnn::NAME_HERE that go with the Song Magics when used in battle. Though they are actually missing a couple, including one of the absolute best ones which is weird.

Also, please do remember to opine on whether you'd rather see synthesis/shop stuff in intermittent updates or in dumps where as I actually did them followed by uninterrupted plot.
I know there's a few that are on the third CD of the OST instead as they don't have lyrics, but I can't remember if they actually left any out or not.

Oh, and voting

Feinne posted:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Tarezax posted:

Glad to see that Ar Nosurge is continuing the silly MMD shenanigans that I saw from Ciel Nosurge.

(The lack of lipsynch really bothers me...)

What on earth.

The indie hymmnos album is quite nice though.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 9, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Icedude posted:

Oh boy, Genometrics. Let's take Cosmospheres, but make them even more complicated and with added backtracking if you want everything! Didn't help on my first playthrough that I suck at cosmosphere stuff, and the only guide for these was half translated, missing some levels and sometimes just flat out wrong. :shepicide: At least they let you go back to do previous scenes over again if you screw up. But yeah, this is the weakest level in the game, so it was nice of them to get it out of the way early for us.

And back on outfit chat, I really have no idea what they were going for with the orange part with flappy things on Delta's outfit, or the evidently denim vest he's wearing under it:

I know there's a few that are on the third CD of the OST instead as they don't have lyrics, but I can't remember if they actually left any out or not.

Oh, and voting

Huh, so like Tidus he has asymmetrical pants, but unlike him, they make sense. They're made of duck tape, dude's a combatant, and dude used to be in cold sleep so he doesn't even bother to get a new pair. He also has a bit of duck tape bindings for whatever protection it yields I guess.

Also: Halter, Apron, Top.

Robonten
Nov 6, 2009

Exaggeration is to paint a snake and add legs.
Godspeed, Feinne. I've been waiting for this. It really is an amazing game in some ways, but in other ways it's just... yeah, drinking might help.

Music's great no matter what, though!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Option B, more plot advancement. I want as much distance between this cosmosphere as possible before more silly crap happens.

Cass's combat animation - or specifically, her LACK of combat animation - does not look right. She's supposed to be doing something, not just standing there with her hand on her hip.

Feinne really should have named this thread: "Ar Nosurge: The War on Pants begins at home!

berryjon posted:

No.

3 * 3 * 3 * 11 * 17 = 5049.

I also have no idea what I'm watching, but I can't stop.

Yeah, it was really late and I was just tossing in a guess because "Prime". I forgot about the sum of digits rule ( 5 + 4 + 9 = 18, which is divisible by 3).

wdarkk posted:

See, the issue being solved here isn't "Cass is Tsundere," because that's not an issue that Delta could solve here. These dives always, always have more going on than something like that.

Let's take a quick look at the facts:
1. The "root" of the issue here is a conflict over the appearance of the Warrior, which is a giant, evil-looking Delta.
2. The Warrior appeared six months ago.
3. Six months ago Delta tried to open the barrier for no clear reason.
4. Despite this, Cass is still looking out for Delta.

And that's a fine issue to have, but it's an issue that they could certainly have expressed in a non-stupid manner. This is not the best impression the game could be giving of its first love interest (especially the suggestion of a split personality disorder)... but then again, my first impressions of Cloche were negative as well.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 9, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I like how Delta's portrait makes it looks like he's dead inside.

This game was pretty neat, and that's about all I can really say about it since literally any other description I can think of would be hilariously spoilerific. Definitely better than AT3, though admittedly that is not a particularly high bar to clear.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That aint a denim vest, thats a skintight denim wife-beater. The hell?

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I wanted to smash something when this came up, and then it only got worse.

I'm glad that "nice hat" is an immutable aspect of Casty, though.

Yeahhhhhh, I remember I saw that name in one of the pre-release vids and my exact reaction was "Tsun Kingdom Dere Empire? Tsun Kingdom Dere Empire?! TSUN KINGDOM DERE EMPIRE?! :ughh:"

I really need to get around to eating the Sanity loss and finishing both Qoga and this.

Also dunno if you're still taking votes Feinne but Option B.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

When I got to that scene, I straight up had to put the game down for a few minutes and go and do something else. It was just too stupid that I couldn't help from laughing at it. I don't even begrudge it for it, but it's just so dumb.

BlitzBlast posted:

Definitely better than AT3, though admittedly that is not a particularly high bar to clear.

Anything is better than AT3. I dunno though, I'd put this about on par with AT1, and just a bit below AT2. Nothing I can really say I hated about it, and there's quite a bit I liked.

Also, Option B

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for option B if your still taking votes, anyway wouldn't a war between a Tsun and Dere empires be a civil war of sorts?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Another vote for option B.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I’m pretty sure I stopped at the giant lumbering monster Delta last time, right? Right, let’s pick this back up where we left off.

So like I said, consider what you’ve done when someone else’s inner version of you is a giant monster.

Haha, that face of mine… It just looks too evil to be me. Heh…
Hey, Delta. You came!
Of course! I said I’d defeat it, so here I am. Where’s Cass?
The commander’s not here. Actually, she’s never been to the front lines.
What!? She’s the commander and she hasn’t even seen the front lines?
Commander gets scared pretty easily. She pulls back on battles she can win, and, well… It’s a huge mess.
What happened…? Why’s she so not confident in herself?
Hey, what’s going on here!?
Y-You’re-!
If it isn’t Cassulu the Great! What brings you here?
That’s my line! Why’s the Hollow Warrior moving!?
Whoa-!?
The town’s under attack again… We need to do something to stop it…!
Delta, what the hell did you say to Cass!? If you don’t end this, we’ll be apart FOREVER!
N-Nothing, really… I just told her, “I’m gonna defeat the Hollow Warrior”. That’s all…
Are you SURE?
Yeah, that’s it. And then this guy started attacking us out of nowhere!

You don’t need to be an expert to analyze the symbolism of something like that.

Huh? Understand what!?
Why this guy’s moving…
She’s afraid of him being defeated.
Whaaa!? I have no idea what you mean!
I said this before, but the Hollow Warrior isn’t something we brought. It’s impossible; not from our world…
Which means it has to have been produced in this world. Everything that’s materialized here is from Cass.
So, the Hollow Warrior moving or not moving… It’s all a representation of her state of mind.
I see… But how can you tell she doesn’t want it defeated?
It started moving when you talked about “defeating” it.
Impossible… I mean, she was shocked, right?
Remember, this is inside of her mind…
That girl is an actualization of a part of her mind, but…even deeper still is her subconscious.
This world has been created by that higher tier of Cass…
It’s her thoughts alone that’ll move this world, even if she’s unaware of it…

Though even getting what something means doesn’t really help if you don’t get how to deal with it.

…Then you’ll never be able to enter this world again.
Alright, then I’m gonna go look for Cass.
Take good care of the commander for us.
Yeah, you leave it to me, Sergeant Kitty Ears!
That’s Catty, to you. Don’t get it wrong.
It’s going to be sad going our separate ways… But you’ll find Cass and come right back, right…?
Y-Yeah, you leave it to me!

Also don’t bother asking for too much in the way of help from things like Prime, never really works.

Things are finally getting interesting! It’ll be fun watching you resolve THIS issue. I’ll be watching.
Gah, you make it sound like it’s not your problem…
By the way, is it really gonna make Cass sad if the Hollow Warrior falls…?
I suspect so. The timing of the attack was too good. It must have something to do with what you said.
Cass is probably afraid of something “changing”…

Anyway the Cass from this world was hiding out in the same place Delta was locked up earlier.

This is where you were?
Delta… How did you know where I was?
I searched all over… You weren’t on the hill, and Catty said you were afraid, so… Here we are.
…I see.
Do you spend a lot of time here?
Yeah… When war breaks out, this is usually where I go.
But when I came here the first time, you saved me inside the city, remember?
…Th-That was just a coincidence! You were lucky…
I was really scared, but… I gathered up all my courage to save you, Delta.
N-No that’s-!

…N-Not entirely wrong.
Heh, I see now. Thanks for saving me.

Are you actually afraid of me? Is that why the Hollow Warrior showed up?
You told me it was exactly six months ago, when I took down the Barrier. You’re afraid, right?

Cass’s mixed feelings were pretty well justified.

Six months ago, you opened the Barrier for no reason, and as a result, Felion was almost destroyed.
Even now, you’re saying it’s because you wanted to save Felion. But everyone says you’re a spy.
I… At the very least, I wanted to believe you, but… I don’t have enough proof, so I can’t-!
…I feel bad for putting you in this situation. It’s my fault you’re torn like this.
True, there were a lot of victims, but I don’t think I made the wrong decisions…
Which is why I want to find out the reason behind my actions. I’m not stopping here.
…Stop it! You don’t have to… I’m afraid.
Even if you found an explanation and it’s not as noble as you think… I don’t know if I can recover.
Even then, I’ll figure out what happened. Because…

Feinne’s Notes:
Both free answers are fine, the expensive one gives us an Event Still as with the others. You won’t have ten large at this point unless you crazy grind, don’t do that.

To recap the situation, six months ago Delta lowered the Barrier and the Sharl attacked. He doesn’t remember doing it, much less why he did it, and is suspected of being a spy.

…Delta…
Our current situation isn’t good enough. If we just give up here, how can we trust each other from now on?
Heh, it sounds easy when you think about it… But, if there’s one way to solve this, it’s knowing the truth.
That’s why, no matter what the outcome, I won’t be afraid. I’ll take it head-on.
However the leaves fall, I’ll always believe we did the right thing… For the both of us.
…Okay.
Let’s defeat the Hollow Warrior together. If we combine our strengths, we can do anything.
But he’s really strong… We couldn’t leave a scratch, no matter what we did!
Eeeeeek!
Cass, you okay!?
I’m fine… This is a safe place. I doubt they can get through that easily.
But… He’s definitely trying to find this place.
You think he noticed us? We need to do something, quick… Or he’ll erase us first.
But, how can we defeat him?
I have a suggestion.
You-!? You can talk normally, too…?
Obviously. You shouldn’t underestimate me.
So, you were a tsun-dere after all, too… Heh, I don’t know why I’m surprised. So, what’s your suggestion?

I will maintain none of my Song Magic is as embarrassing as a thing called “Tsunderain”. Oh, that felt awful to say.

Alright! Sounds good… Let’s do it!
H-Hey! Let me finish!
We bring the fight ot him, first! Let’s go, Cass!

Delta! You came back for me! Ohhh, that makes me so happy!
When I saw you on the other side of the hill, my heart skipped a beat.
Hey, you! What the heck do you think you’re saying!? You’re supposed to be me…!!
Yes, I’m you, and you’re me. Now, let’s not get jealous, alright?
That’s the problem! You’re me… And everything you’re saying is super embarrassing!!
Hey Tsunderain, can’t you bust out that bomber thing from earlier?
Hey, stop rushing me!
Get ready for it… Here it goes! There!

They probably should have waited for, um, her to explain what the weapon did, though, because there was a slight issue.

We might actually be able to defeat that guy with this…
It amplifies emotions to crush its opponents. You just have to express how you feel through the mic.
But there’s a problem… This device only reacts to true feelings, nothing superficial.
And no matter what it is, it WILL amplify true intent… Even if that means destroying the world.
And finally, this device can only be used by this world’s ruler…
…Which means you’re the only one who can use it, Cass!
What!? I have to do it!?
Good luck, Cass… Remember our conversation from earlier. We need to defeat this guy and keep going!
…! Y-Yes, I suppose you’re right… Very well.

Cass, GO!

Hey, Cass, what’s the matter!?
Uwaaaaaaaah!
Eeeeeek!
Cass! What’re you doing! Get a grip!
I can’t… I just can’t-!
Because… defeating the Hollow Warrior means… I have to trust you completely, right Delta?
Sorry, I’m just… Not ready for that yet. Even if I scream that into the mic, it just won’t…
Cass…

Feinne’s Notes:
Just encouraging her here isn’t enough, since that’s sort of obviously not going to do anything about her issues trusting Delta. You need to get her to be honest and trust that it’ll turn out okay.

Anyway, he actually did a pretty cool thing in the end.

…Huh?
Because the machine only reacts to honest feelings, there’s no use trying to cover it up, right?
Then just risk it all… And throw your honest feelings at it!
B-But… What if this world rejects you, as a result… Then, I…!
Heh, don’t worry. It’d take a lot more than that to make me leave.
I don’t mean to sound arrogant, but my feelings for you are stronger than yours that want to get rid of me.
Delta… Thanks. I’ll try.
GOOOO!
…Here it goes…
…I just can’t trust you, Delta! I don’t know what goes on in that head of yours!
But I DO want to believe in you! I want to be by your side, too, it’s true! I want to believe you!
But I can’t… So, please! For the time being, stay there and don’t move!!
Please…
…!
…?
…It stopped…?

Cass wished sincerely for things to just stay the way they were for the moment, to give them time to sort things out.

Alright! You did it…! Good job, Cass!
No-!
Huh?
Because we haven’t defeated it yet… We only stopped it temporarily. I’m sure it’ll begin to move again…

Sorry, Delta, everyone… This is the best I can do right now…
I couldn’t defeat him… Because I couldn’t completely believe in you, Delta…
Don’t be stupid. Why are you apologizing? There’s no need for that…
We were able to stop it. That seems like quite the accomplishment to me.
For now…
This brought us a lot of time. Time for the two of us to understand each other.
Exactly… And I don’t think the Hollow Warrior stopping its attack is the only thing that’s changed.
Huh…? Th-That’s…

With the problem solved for the moment, some of the actors broke character.

…Delta…
Hm? What’s up?
I… In order to understand you more, Delta… I thought it would be okay to let you see more…
Of your body!?
No, you idiot! Inside my mind. Gah!
S-So… Let’s go deeper together. Into my mind, and… My heart…
Cass, you’re… But…
I’m scared, too, you know! Of course I’m scared. And I’m still not completely convinced…
…I wasn’t lying when I said I wanted to believe in you, so… I’ll do what I can to muster up the courage.
…Hehe, that makes me happy.
…Really…?
Of course it does. I mean…
The partner I cherish is opening her heart to me. Though it might only be a little right now…
…Hehe, okay. Well, you better be thankful!

Now it was time to finish things up.

The ruler of this world and thoughts has accepted your feelings for each other. It’s called the Embrace Role.
Who’s the ruler of thoughts...? Is it Cass?
No. On each floor of Genometrics, there’s a personification of that floor’s theme.
In this world, the personification was Tsunderain.
S-She was supposed to represent this world!?
Yes… She was the materialization of what must be completed in this world.
The theme was to “organize her feelings towards Delta” and decide where she stands.
And she has decided… To go deeper with you, together…
I see.
Now, let’s travel to “Hymmnofort” before Cass changes her mind!
Why!?
Because we have to perform the ritual to proceed to the next level. Hurry!
O-Okay…!

Feinne’s Notes:
You might notice that there is one more scene that doesn’t seem active. Just keep that in mind, it’ll come up again a fair bit later.

A surprisingly smooth first Dive really.

What’s taking you so long! Ugh… Don’t make us wait.
It’s so lonely here without you!
…Ugh, enough with the translations.
Delta… Thank you. Now, we’re one step closer to seeing my floor.
One step…?
Yup, one step. My floor’s pretty deep, after all.
I-I see…
So, I’m sure we’ll run into a lot more obstacles on our way, but I want you to make it there. Promise?
Y-Yeah… Leave it to me!
Ugh, Delta… Too much talking! Let’s hurry up and get this ritual or whatever over with.
Calm down, Cass… You cannot possibly perform the ritual in your current mental state.
So… What exactly do we have to do?
I know it’s called a ritual, but it’s actually quite easy. You two just need to open this door together.
Wha…? That’s it? Not to mention we can easily walk around this door…
* Sigh * That’s why you’re an idiot. There’s meaning to the ritual and opening the door.
Exactly. By opening this door together, our hearts will mature together, strengthening our bond.
If you can do this, you’ll both be able to travel to a deeper level of mental communication.
Right, okay… Well, in that case, let’s get started, Cass.
…Okay.

Then again, that’s when things are still pretty straightforward.

But, I feel like there are still a lot of reservations on my mind…
Moving forward means I need to face each and everyone one of those problems, and…
Heh, so we’ve got even more problems ahead of us, then? Looks like it’s gonna be a long road.
Would you like to call it quits here for today?
Of course not… This is part of the journey, right? Well, I’m ready for it… As long as Cass is by my side.
Okay, hehe… Well, then I guess we should go through this door.
drat right!
Tch, what troublesome children… Who would’ve thought it would take this long just to get to the door.
The wall in my heart is quite thick, I admit… I didn’t think we would make it…
Perhaps we were right in dragging it out, though we might’ve overdone it a bit…
Is this what you call the ground when it hardens after the rain falls?
Hehe, I suppose so. Well, I better return to my own floor.
Regardless of how, it’s good that the hate has opened.
Delta… Hurry up and come to my floor.

I’m trying to decide if it’s a good thing or not that we’re not the only people who jam crystals into ourselves.

Bios Shop: That’s not a gem. It’s a “Genometrica Crystal.”
How is that different from a gem…?
Bios Shop: It might look like a gem, but it’s a mass of thoughts. If you put it in you, it’ll enhance your skills.
W-Wait, IN ME?! As in, inside my body?!
Bios Shop: Yes, it’s pretty simple, but you have to purify your body before inserting the crystal.
…That’s a “Purification Ceremony.”
Bios Shop: Exactly! Now, let me explain how the Purification Ceremony works…
Wait! You don’t need to do that yet. I don’t to do it yet, anyway.
Huh? Why not? If it’ll make us stronger, why wouldn’t you want to do it?
Lots of reasons!
Just… wait a little longer.
I’ll explain it to you when I’m…prepared.
Bios Shop: Well, choosing to undergo the Purification Ceremony is a choice between partners.
You should talk it over carefully, and make the decision that’s right for you.
Oh, right. You probably already know, but this town has a Purification Site.
You should go there once you’ve made your decision. It’s really quite nice, even if you aren’t doing the ceremony.

Feinne’s Notes:
If we’ve actually finished the first level, we get an extra scene.

What’s up?
Umm, well… You see…
I-I don’t mind… You know?
Wh-What are you talking about?
The ritual!
Ritual…? Oh, you mean that thing where we immerse ourselves in water, and infuse feelings into the other…?
Where’s this coming from, though? Didn’t you hate that ritual?
Yes, well… I was never going to do it back then…
But, now… I-I suppose it’s not as bad as it used to be…
I don’t know why… Maybe it’s because you’re working so hard on the genometrics, Delta.

Anyway, that’s enough of that. You kids get some sleep, we’ll pick up on their mission next time.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: The Rescue Mission

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That half was more tolerable than the first. It was almost decent, in fact. But the big problem I see with that one is that it revealed more about DELTA and BACKSTORY than about Cass!

We already knew from real-world stuff that Delta used to work with Cass and was fired, and we already knew that despite that, Cass still liked Delta (she showed up on her day off to help him out), and despite her words to him she still hung out and helped him. The point of that Cosmosphere seemed to mostly reveal things about Delta, and revealing backstory for another character is a terrible use of a Cosmosphere. It misses the point of them.

Not looking forward to the terrible wet T-Shirt contest "Purification Ritual".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 9, 2015

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

That half was more tolerable than the first. It was almost decent, in fact. But the big problem I see with that one is that it revealed more about DELTA and BACKSTORY than about Cass!

We already knew from real-world stuff that Delta used to work with Cass and was fired, and we already knew that despite that, Cass still liked Delta (she showed up on her day off to help him out), and despite her words to him she still hung out and helped him. The point of that Cosmosphere seemed to mostly reveal things about Delta, and revealing backstory for another character is a terrible use of a Cosmosphere. It misses the point of them.

Not looking forward to the terrible wet T-Shirt contest "Purification Ritual".

This was true when there were multiple partners, but Delta and Cass will only ever be paired up with each other. This isn't a Cosmosphere, and the focus has changed--the point of Genometrics levels isn't "insight into a single person," it's "insight into a relationship." That's why they've mentioned "chaining" into other people.

It's a change I really like, personally.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Einander posted:

This was true when there were multiple partners, but Delta and Cass will only ever be paired up with each other. This isn't a Cosmosphere, and the focus has changed--the point of Genometrics levels isn't "insight into a single person," it's "insight into a relationship." That's why they've mentioned "chaining" into other people.

Yeah, that'll be much more plain when we get to our second Dive.

And I will do my best to show off some of the cool little wrinkles of the Dive content like what happens when you try to brute force your way through a certain section without having played far enough in the game to know the answers to what you're being asked. The game billed its Dive content as the most difficult and complicated in the series and damned if it isn't.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Really? Now that you mention it, I think wdarkk did say something like that. If that is the case, then yes, I also approve of that change because removing the choice of partners means they can build one relationship through the entire game.

That does resolve one of the issues with AT2, where Luca/Cloche's in-story arcs with Croix essentially ended at the end of Phase 2 to allow the player to choose Jacqli. (And she didn't get an in-story arc with him at all due to the same alternate choice reasons.)

It also means no more "scene-stealing third girl pops in halfway through the story making the main character seem like a jerk for dumping one of the longer-term love interests".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 10, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no idea what I just read

:japan:

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Icedude posted:

Squid? I know the Japanese sure do love their octopi. Maybe just Tentacles?

Actually, it might be a lion skin (4 "legs" and they have kind a "paw" look to them at the ends). Still doesn't explain the smock/apron thing, though I'm just more convinced that GUST doesn't know how clothes are supposed to work. I think Ar Tonelico 2 had some ridiculous floating armor that managed to defy physics and STILL be practically useless in real combat.

DOOP posted:

I have no idea what I just read

:japan:

Think of them as JRPGs with a dating-sim element. All your partners are female mages and in order to level them up, you need to solve their mental baggage and endure cringe-inducing fan service scenes that go through all the typical Japanese anime cliches. During this part of the game while you question your sanity, you might notice some hints of the main plot creeping in, so if something doesn't make sense in the immediate context, think about it in terms of what's going on outside.

The interesting part of this is after a few of these scenes, you begin to figure out what it is that makes these women into such broken individuals and you begin to have second thoughts about giving them access to nukes..

mastersord fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 10, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Einander posted:

They're all focused on Cass though. This one was about the Cass-Delta relationship, but there's also a Cass-Nay one, a Cass-Sarly one, etc.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Clarste posted:

They're all focused on Cass though. This one was about the Cass-Delta relationship, but there's also a Cass-Nay one, a Cass-Sarly one, etc.

Yeah, it would've been cool to have some with a different center character, but there's the old "it's to craft song magic" excuse. You learn new frontliner attacks as you go, so having Delta with his own Genometrics would've been a cool alternate way to acquire those.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Clarste posted:

Yeah it's really interesting when we get to the Chained Soulscapes, which is actually not that terribly far away for the first one.

I've got videos for the plot update cooking now, probably ready tomorrow. Then I'll do an update with some of the synthesis and Purification stuff, then back to plot, then finish up the first set of side content (which will be about in time for us to unlock our second Synthesis shop actually).

I mean unless I play Bloodborne all day but I'm feeling if anything even more motivated to LP by also having the ability to vent with horrific violence so we're if anything better off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I would have put it down as him lowering the Barrier to save people trapped outside, but he doesn't even remember?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

It’s story time again, kids. After the Dive, they sort of killed a bunch of time getting ready. I’ll tell that story another time, though, let’s get on with this whole rescue thing.

Feinne’s Notes:
There was a pretty good conversation about clothing that happened, which I took screens of.

That’s because I really like it.
Isn’t it a little chilly around the neck?
Maybe a little, but it would be harder to move around in something bulky, right?
I didn’t realize you were considering that.
Although, I really would like to wear a nice, fluffy, knitted sweater sometime too…

As they approached Quanturv, they encountered a bit of a problem.

Hey Cass. Do you see that?
What are people doing here…?
Let’s go have a look.
Be careful. People from Felion wouldn’t come all the way out here. They might be from Quanturv.
…So that could mean they’re from the Genomirai Church.
I don’t know, but that certainly seems possible. Maybe we can learn something about the Church.
Alright, let’s go…

Pretty hard to sneak into a city with only a few ways in and out, was only a matter of time until they ran into someone.

W-Wait! We aren’t here to fight!
Older Man: Are you from Felion?
Yes, but we’re eloping.
R-Really?!
Ow!
Older Man: What…? That seems strange… Why would you elope at a time like this?
Man: Maybe they were scared by the latest attack.
After seeing that, there’s no way they could think they’d be able to live a peaceful life out there.
Older Man: What are you talking about?

Though it did give them some useful information they didn’t have before.

That machine was driven by Song Magic…?
Man: Yes, the Archbishop sang it.
The Archbishop’s…song.
Older Man: Are you sure it’s okay to just tell anyone that?
Man: Of course; we must always extend a helping hand to those seeking salvation.
These two have fled all the way here. We should take them to Quanturv.
…Besides, if they’re lying, we can’t let them go now that they’ve seen us.
Older Man: Yes… You’re right. Once our God descends to this world, all the people of Felion will find salvation.
Man: Indeed. All will be saved through the guidance of the Sharl.
Then you’re going to take us to Quanturv?
Man: Of course. We are missionaries who travel Orei to save souls like you, after all.
Lately, however, we encounter very few people, so this is a rare occurrence.
If you’re missionaries, then you’re from the Genomirai Church, right?
Will you accept us into the Church too?
Man: Oh, of course! Anyone can join, all you need to do is participate in a short ceremony.
I see…
Older Man: Hey! It’s time to get moving!
Man: Alright, just follow us. The Sharl will guide you once you reach the city.
Okay.

Setting up a fake scam religion is really fun, but tends to upset people.

Agreed. Driving combat machines with Song Magic? Bringing salvation to the people of Felion?
That all sounds bad, and all we have are questions.
What should we do? Maybe we should escape and report back?
…But if we go with them, we might be able to infiltrate the Church.
Maybe we can figure out what happened to Sarly.
I know it’s dangerous, but…we have a mission, and we need to stick to it.
Alright, understood.

Feinne’s Notes:
They usually call it Quanturv in the text, but they always say it and sometimes spell it “Quantave” because why the gently caress not, consistency is for pussies.

Oh, right, probably shouldn’t mention that. Anyway the best way to infiltrate an enemy stronghold is just to be let in, much easier than breaking in.

There are an awful lot of people here…
You’re right… Maybe even more than Felion. And they all seem pretty happy…
Temple Knight A: You’ve returned!
Older Man: Yes, and with two new believers. Apparently they fled from Felion.
Temple Knight A: Really? That’s wonderful!
Man: It’s nothing that amazing, we only extended a helping hand to them.
Temple Knight A: You are the new believers, then?
Y-yes, we heard we could be blessed by the Sharl.
Man: Ha ha ha. They seem promising, don’t they?
Temple Knight A: Yes, and your timing is perfect.
Why’s that?
Temple Knight A: Because the Archbishop is about to give a sermon.
Hm… We’d love to hear the sermon. Where will it be?
Man: At the Cathedral, but it won’t start for a while. You should have a look around Quanturv first.
The Cathedral. Got it.
Temple Knight A: We have a rule that all new believers must be blessed.

On the other hand, you want to be careful about things like accepting blessings, never know how that’ll go.

What would happen if we left…?
Temple Knight A: I have no idea. Only the Sharl know. I’ve never seen a believer return after trying to leave.
At any rate, I’m sure you’ll come to love the city. It is protected by the Sharl, after all.
Now, I shall bestow your blessing.
ih-ne wei-fou-de, won-nh-tah-ren-ny tin-foe-ear;
May we meet again.
Thanks.
Whew… Well, we got into the city, but… where could Sarly be?
If she’s been captured, I don’t think we’ll find her just wandering around the streets.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Well what do YOU think we should do?
Hm… Well, our best bet would probably be to search around inside the Genomirai Church.
Sounds good. Let’s go.
Hold on. It’s too dangerous to just sneak around an enemy stronghold by ourselves.
Really? It looks like they just let anybody in.
Yeah, and that makes me nervous too.
Well, overthinking it will get us nowhere. We won’t find anything without taking action…
For now we should just go listen to this “sermon” they were talking about.
All right.

Feinne’s Notes:
In spite of being spelled with a Z, the character we’re about to be introduced to’s name is pronounced more like a J.

Video- “The Sermon”

Watch

They didn’t have much to do but drop in on the sermon.

I am most grateful to be given the honor of representing you among His messengers, the Sharl.
I am greatly humbled by this duty.
For I never thought I might stand here as I do, in front of you.
As you all must know, long ago we humans were divided into two opposed factions.
That separation twisted our hearts and threw the world into chaos, eventually destroying it completely.
I lived through that time of devastation and strife.
That I am here today is nothing short of a miracle. That you are here today is nothing short of a miracle.
Indeed, it is a miracle that we can live here, in this land of Quanturv, guided by God’s messengers, the Sharl.
So from the bottom of my heart, I give thanks to this wondrous miracle!
Soon now, the God who gave us these miracles shall descend to our world.
His arrival is the well-earned reward for your tireless effort and devotion.
And in thanks, God shall see fit to make this land His true capital.

Not that doing so was very helpful.

But even in the face of such happiness, I feel sorrow, for we are not yet truly united.
The source of this unhappiness is the fortress of Felion, and its great barrier…
Its people are deceived by a wicked queen with pretensions of godhood, and they do not seek salvation.
As the children of the one true God, it is our duty to rescue them from this fate.
We must extend our loving hand to these lonely, lost souls, trapped within that wicked barrier.
I swear to you now, we shall save them before God descends to grace our land.
I promise to grant the joy of living in God’s presence to all people.
In God’s name, may we find paradise together!

It seemed Cass recognized the Archbishop.

Which is probably why she hung back as Delta went to talk to her.

Let us work together for the betterment of humanity and this world, alongside the Sharl.
Uh, of course.
I take it the lady over there is a little shy?
Yeah. She’s not good with strangers…
I see… That’s quite all right. With time, I’m sure this place will help her overcome that fear.
Thanks. I’ll tell her you said so.
Also… I assume you have come for the ceremony of reconciliation?
Y-yeah, that’s right. After that the Sharl…I mean, God’s messengers, will protect us, right?
…The Sharl do not protect us. They are messengers, sent by God to guide us to a greater purpose.
Those who wish to depend on such power are judged accordingly. Abandon your conceit; cleanse your spirit.
R-Right, I understand. I’ll cleanse my spirit! U-Until it shines like a gem!
He ha. As for your reconciliation… I’m sorry, but I’m afraid you must wait your turn.
You have only recently received your blessing, so spend tonight enjoying Quanturv, and return tomorrow.
May we find paradise together… ih-ne wei-fou-de, won-nh-tah-ren-ny tin-foe-ear;

Something strange happened about then.

Feinne’s Notes:
It’s not messing with you either, you totally can and we’ll be doing so in the near future. Though WHY this just happened will remain a mystery for now.

Delta was quite confused by the brief flash he got after what she said.

I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll be waiting.
Ah… Yeah!
H-hey, Cass… Did you see her…?
The Archbishop? Of course.
She sure was beautiful…
You really are an idiot… What was up with you back there anyway?
I just didn’t really understand what she was talking about.
Well, at least we feel the same way about THAT.
Anyway, we should get going.
Where?
We should be able to slip through the crowd and get in over there.
W-Wait, you want to sneak in NOW?
Of course.
What kind of an idiot are you?
We’ll be fine. If we get caught, we’ll just pretend we’re lost. No big deal!
It’s definitely a big deal!
May we find paradise together!

Feinne’s Notes:
We end up in a familiar hallway when we enter the church, and our goal is an equally familiar door.

It’s not opening. You can see us from any of these passages. We need to go.
Hold on a second.
I think it was 5. 0, 4, 9…
What…?
It opened.
Why did it open so easily?
I don’t know what you mean, it just opened.
…Whatever. Let’s just get inside.

Video- “The Rescue”

Watch

The code from his dream seemed to work, and Sarly was in the room as expected.

Oh, hello Cass. I knew you’d show up eventually.
I’m just glad you’re safe!
Yes, apparently.
You’re…calmer than I expected.
Probably because I knew you’d be coming.
Still, I’m very happy you did. Thank you. And thank you Delta.
Long time no see!
Yes, about half a year, in fact. How have you been?
Hey, that’s my line.
He he. Yes, I suppose so.
Maybe you guys can catch up later? We need to get out of here.
Of course. Shall we?

Anyway, they managed to get out of the cathedral with Sarly without any problems. Lucky jerks.

Wouldn’t it be more suspicious if we were sneaking around?
I don’t know… So what do we do now?
Hurry up and get back to Felion. Our mission was a complete success.
How’s Felion doing these days?
It’s not much different than before.
The Sharl haven’t managed to breach the Barrier or anything, right?
Yeah, the Barrier’s still fine, but… apparently the Sharl have started using combat machines.
Really…?
Yeah. Nay was attacked a little while ago…
She said it just broke through a wall.
It broke through a wall of the ship? What kind of weapon could…?
With all these Temple Kngihts around, I don’t think we can leave during the day. Should we wait for nightfall?
Hm. Yes, probably. We don’t want to draw too much attention to ourselves.
Not least because we don’t want anyone from the Church recognizing me.
But is there anywhere we can hide until nightfall? It’s not like we can just go to an inn…
Hm…
He he, don’t worry. I know just the place…

Sarly knew some awful hole in the ground to hide in.

It’s not junk. These may be older models, but they’re still perfectly usable.
You don’t think it’s kind of…messy?
Is it? I’ve never noticed.
What a geek…
Did you say something?
No.
Well, we can stay here until dawn.
What?! Are you serious?! These isn’t even a bath…
We’ve been walking all day, I’m sweaty and gross…
Beggars can’t be choosers.
Doesn’t bother me.
Argh… I can’t believe this.

Their discussion was interrupted by a strange voice.

What?!
Who’s there!?
???: Ah ha ha. I apologize for startling you. Ms. Planck, would you care to introduce me?
Calm down, this is Doctor Leolm.
He’s connected via a Wave line, so I guess he’s a virtual friend. His voice is coming from that speaker.
Doctor, this is Delta and Cass. They’re colleagues and friends of mine.
Doctor Leolm: It is a pleasure to meet you.
Y-Yeah…
Um…you too…
Doctor Leolm: You haven’t been back in quite some time. I was beginning to worry you’d run into some trouble.
Probably because I did run into some trouble. I was captured by the Church.
Doctor Leolm: And after I told you to be careful how many times…?
I’ll admit, I’m regretting not taking your advice.
Doctor Leolm: Well, so long as you’re safe now. Did the two of you save Ms. Planck? Allow me to express my thanks.

Seems she was talking with, well, someone over a radio.

I suppose you could say he’s my…mentor, or advisor.
So, why this place?
…Before the Church got me, I holed up here for about six months for…a project.
That’s right. I remember you saying something about that… I didn’t think you’d come here, though.
Well, when the Divine Empress says “jump”… Anyway, I found him while I was hacking the Church’s comms.
Doctor Leolm: Has it really been that long already…
Half a year…
Right after PLASMA let you go.
…Right.
Spying on Quanturv alone is a pretty big job… What exactly were your orders?
Sorry, but I can’t tell you that.

Anyway, the Doctor’s been very helpful.
Huh> I never really thought of you as the trusting type.
I’m not. He had to earn it.
Doctor Leolm: That’s correct. She was very reluctant to speak to me at first. Always hanging up, then calling back…

It probably had to do with whatever her mission was, which was apparently not something she could talk about with Delta and Cass.

Doctor Leolm: And it’s all in the past. Besides, I should be leaving. No doubt you would like some time with your friends.
All right. Thanks.
Doctor Leolm: Should the opportunity arise, I would love to speak with you again. Until next time…
Sure… Oh, gone already. Seems like a pretty easy going guy.
Yeah, I guess so.
Anyway, how’s Felion? Is everything alright?
There was that machine I told you about, and the Prime Minister’s in charge of PLASMA, but otherwise…
Oh, there is one other thing.
Huh?
I got my own place.
What, like a house?
No, a fancy restaurant.

Fancy doesn’t technically mean good.

That’s…not even a cafeteria.
Hey, I’m still getting started…
Right, sure.
Is it doing well?
It’s doing…okay.
It’s only “okay” on the weekends, and that’s only because I come by to help.
Why can’t you let me be happy?
It looks like you’re getting along as well. Good to know.
I wouldn’t put it like that…
He he. We should get some rest. We have some time before the sun comes up.

Speaking of the sun, that’s bed time. Next time, we’ll take a bit of a break and I’ll tell you about some stuff they did back home before they left.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Nay’s Restaurant Troubles

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
So is Delta some kind of Manchurian agent? (Seriously, why wasn't he locked up after dropping trou the barrier? That seems like a dangerously suspicious thing he did. Did Nay intervene?)

Oh, hello Cass. I knew you’d show up eventually.

Uh-oh. Trap?

Probably because I knew you’d be coming.

Seems kinda trap-ish. Has she switched sides? Or maybe she's been brainwashed into being a Manchurian agent too? Oh! Sarly is wearing reasonable clothing! She must be evil! After all, the Sharl did attack the humans to capture their supply of pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mastersord posted:

Think of them as JRPGs with a dating-sim element. All your partners are female mages and in order to level them up, you need to solve their mental baggage and endure cringe-inducing fan service scenes that go through all the typical Japanese anime cliches.

This is one of the gooniest game descriptions I've ever heard.

• Locked thread