Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glazius posted:

Her summon from all this isn't tiny robot Jesus who died for her swims, is it? It's the fifty-foot toddler. Because Shirotaka.

:japan:
The charge-up animation is actually cute, since it's just Shirotaka and Ion drawing a manga.

Then you cast the spell and the 50-foot toddler comes out and ỳ̶͆̓ͭ͌̑҉̤̫̫̟͕̘͖̖͎ö͙̹́ͤ̉ͭ͌̆́̔̚u̿́͏̳̘̜̯̖̮ͅ ̡̱̖̜̜͓̯̬̓̿̔ͯ͠k̶͈͍̦̮͂̇̃̇̽͌͊̈́͠n̨̰̭̙̱͈̈́ͤͨ̂̿ͨͣ̀͟ȍ̶͓̞̼͈̮̩̤̖̟͂w̘̹̳ͯ͐ͦ̑͝ ̨̼̠̞̪̃̄̑̆ͬͤ͂̓p̢̥͉̮͑̿̃ę̵̗̱̖̪̹̖̃ͪͯ̾͑ͧ͞r͙̜͈̣̖̽́̅͜ͅf̵̫̤̣͋̓̓͢e͆͒ͩ̅̎̾̂ͬ͏̵̟̲̮̣̟̫c̝̪ͣ͂̋ͬ̄ͧ͘͠t̢̢̨̬̭̒̉̃l̲̟ͩͫ̆͞yͪ͑̓̎ͫ̚҉̼͕̟̪́ ̸̡̫̘̘̾ͥ̅͐ͦw̰̗̠͛ͬ͑̋̾͊͋͡ĕ̠͓͉̰̙̹͍͍ͦ͑̓͋̑̀̚ͅl̷̦͓̭͔̺̣̂̔̌ͣ̑ͅlͣͮ̽͌̍ͧ͝҉̙ ̸̷̴̙͍̯͈͎͔ͬ͗̆ͯ͐̔̂̃w̨͙͗̔ͥ̉ͯ̓̍͘͞hͬ̏ͧ̃̅̏͂ͬ҉̶҉̱̣ą͕̟͉̙͈͙͗ͧͭ̉ͨ̈̿̃̚͢t̷͈̺̮̂̄ͯ̆ͨ̊ͮ̎̇̕ ̶͈͈͎̤͑̇ͪͦ͛͢h̢̀̒ͫ͘͏͙͇͍̜̱̪̗a̴̞̻̱̹̿̈́̌̍̈́ͪͥ͋͜͞p̫ͧͧ̌ͣͬ̀̃͑͆ͅͅp̰̪̹̳̝̈̓ͫ͆̇ͤ͌̕͞͝ͅe̴̦̘̮̙̙̒͋̃ͪ͂̃͠n̗̤̜̺ͤ̆͗ͩ̓̂̒ͯ͡s̓ͦ͆ͣ͏̷̼̲̹ ͇̠̩͛̀n̴̪̲̱̽̏͡ě̴͙͕̩̩̤̭̦̜̲ͩ̌̉̄͂ͯ͋xͬ͏̢͉͓͈͍̞͙̘͘t̽ͯ͆ͩ͏̱̤̼̫͙͚̰̜͟ ̲͕̮̟͚͔̃͒ͯ̅͋̾̽̀fͮͯͥ͏̶̸̼̥̯u͍͎̱͕̰ͧ͆̚̕͞c̫̩̜̘̘̖͙̒ͨķ̥̩͔̰̯̗̹̋̓ͫ̔̕s̨͍̰ͪ̑ͤͫ͠ ̸̴̨̮̫͇̣͑̏͐s̲̰͖̖̲̪̲ͬẩ̞̺̘̖̯̋̈ͮͨk̟̼ͬ́e͖̜̰̭̻̱͗͂̉̓̓ͦ̿ ̏ͩ̑͒̄̒͒̒̀҉̫̫̤̣͚ͅJ͍̹̤ͪ̇ͮ̃̃̔ͪͮͅǎ̢͐ͧ҉̳p̸͉̩͇̗̎̾ͮ̄͛͌͡ͅaͪͮͫͧ̚҉̝̭́͢n̴̢̻̙̫͓͍̦ͩ́: :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Glazius posted:

Her summon from all this isn't tiny robot Jesus who died for her swims, is it? It's the fifty-foot toddler. Because Shirotaka.

That robot is actually her default song magic attack or something.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

FractalSandwich posted:

"Some" boobs is an understatement. Cripes. And the main character seems to have also inherited Ar Nosurge's burning hatred of pants.

For how little clothing she is wearing she is surprisingly well covered up most of the time.

Oh and the game's definitely longer than it pretends to be, there is a pretty long NG+ chapter I just started with a baller new weapon and transformation and some extra bosses. And the difficulty also takes a significant jump at the end hot drat.

The game also cruelly mocks you by giving you strong incentive to Actualize a bunch of new servans in the NG+ chapter because affinity for the ultimate transformation is a random thing that appears on any new one you create in the NG+ scenario.

wdarkk posted:

That robot is actually her default song magic attack or something.

The robot does in fact take the form of Heart of Light, which is Ion's default Song Magic and was our guide in her first level (though we got the song Proof of Yuuki from it).

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

For how little clothing she is wearing she is surprisingly well covered up most of the time.
I suppose it's true that as long as the camera is directly behind her, you can't see anything but her hair and her cape thing, but I wouldn't call her "covered up" from any other angle.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

I suppose it's true that as long as the camera is directly behind her, you can't see anything but her hair and her cape thing, but I wouldn't call her "covered up" from any other angle.

Oh for sure but it's not like Bayonetta or something.

Also no matter how easy things might seem early on I can say with certainty that this is a temporary matter. The bosses start getting pretty hard later on, the enemies in later areas can very easily drop you if you get incautious, and the first of the new bosses in the postgame is guaranteed to brutalize you if you don't figure out what the fight's 'about' and even then she can hit like a drat train. The Arena also has plenty of ways to make you bleed if you just loooove death.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Feinne posted:

Also no matter how easy things might seem early on I can say with certainty that this is a temporary matter. The bosses start getting pretty hard later on, the enemies in later areas can very easily drop you if you get incautious, and the first of the new bosses in the postgame is guaranteed to brutalize you if you don't figure out what the fight's 'about' and even then she can hit like a drat train. The Arena also has plenty of ways to make you bleed if you just loooove death.

This is largely what I have heard, yes. And I wasn't counting the Arena in my assessment of it as "easy". Oh well, I got through the first boss in Chapter 4 and also the lovely scene where Arnice and Lilysse dance which basically made me squeal, oh my gosh and actually had to dodge a little. Moon Rabbit is still thus far the superior form, though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

At least that's what Bayonetta is about. In this case it doesn't suit the world or the character at all.

I do like the game so far, though, apart from that and its inconsistency in tone.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

UncertainKitten posted:

This is largely what I have heard, yes. And I wasn't counting the Arena in my assessment of it as "easy". Oh well, I got through the first boss in Chapter 4 and also the lovely scene where Arnice and Lilysse dance which basically made me squeal, oh my gosh and actually had to dodge a little. Moon Rabbit is still thus far the superior form, though.

The balance in general is actually really good, everything has uses and ways to make it significantly better (for example the +flat damage items make the Blaze Shooter really drat strong since they set a floor on the damage it can do and it's weak attack has a comically fast speed). I got a lot of mileage out of Armor Form, you can still dash to get around the significant move speed reduction and it's great at stunning enemies and letting you get a bunch of hits in. The last form is pretty cool, both in design and what it does.

And yes that scene is great.

EDIT: Oh and if you're wondering what Servan #3 is, you get the fetish for it from Trade in I think the Far East (it's the second result, Red Coral) and it's a bit strange.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 7, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

Trade in I think the Far East
That's a thing I really like about this game. In the very first cutscene, one character is talking to another all like "Yo, I haven't seen you since the mission in Germany two years ago", and I'm like hey, I guess that map in the background in the opening narration didn't just look suspiciously like the North Sea - it was the North Sea. Apparently we're in actual Europe more or less. What is this? That never happens!

Unrelated to that, the sidequest "Hotel Search" seems to be stuck at 50% with no apparent event triggers anywhere. Is that normal or has something bugged out on me?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

That's a thing I really like about this game. In the very first cutscene, one character is talking to another all like "Yo, I haven't seen you since the mission in Germany two years ago", and I'm like hey, I guess that map in the background in the opening narration didn't just look suspiciously like the North Sea - it was the North Sea. Apparently we're in actual Europe more or less. What is this? That never happens!

Unrelated to that, the sidequest "Hotel Search" seems to be stuck at 50% with no apparent event triggers anywhere. Is that normal or has something bugged out on me?

You have to advance the plot to continue the sidequest is all.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Good to know. That's what I assumed, but the text in the quest log doesn't change at all, which makes it look like a bug.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Good to know. That's what I assumed, but the text in the quest log doesn't change at all, which makes it look like a bug.

While the QA was done by NISA as it happens the game is in fact functional and hasn't had any tragic problems for me, so looks like their PS4 devkits are working properly.

I will warn that the second extra boss's gimmick is 'have multiple Servan parties at usable level', because she has an attack that will pretty much instantly wreck your party (and you if you're not good at avoiding it).

Anyway having beaten a new game, now I will try and force myself to finish Ar Nosurge in the next couple nights.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Feinne posted:

EDIT: Oh and if you're wondering what Servan #3 is, you get the fetish for it from Trade in I think the Far East (it's the second result, Red Coral) and it's a bit strange.

Thank you, I think we've seen enough fetishes courtesy of Ar NoSurge already.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

While the QA was done by NISA as it happens the game is in fact functional and hasn't had any tragic problems for me, so looks like their PS4 devkits are working properly.
Hey, their PS3 devkits worked too - they worked so well they were more stable than the release model.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Lunar Suite posted:

Thank you, I think we've seen enough fetishes courtesy of Ar NoSurge already.

I'm dealing with some annoying bullshit that will probably cause me to be paying more taxes than I strictly speaking am supposed to be, which I explain because I want you to appreciate that you all are the wind beneath my wings with things like this.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It was such a strange choice for them to call those things "fetishes". The jokes write themselves.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

It was such a strange choice for them to call those things "fetishes". The jokes write themselves.

Eh, it makes a decent amount of sense given the original meaning of fetish. Like, I'm not sure what other term I'd use. I suppose charm or focus might convey it, but it doesn't feel quite as...consistent with what they actually are as fetish (in the original sense) is. I totally have been making all the immature jokes though, so yeah.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Talisman? Totem, even? It's not that big a deal, though. I'm sure they realised what they were setting themselves up for.

I played some more over the weekend, and the game has only gotten more fun, but I really can't say enough bad things about its sense of tone. Half the time it's very downbeat and moody, and it reminds me of Persona 3 and Madoka Magica and other good things, and you get to listen to cool jazz in a posh 19th-century hotel, and it's extremely my poo poo. And then the other half of the time it's Wacky Anime Hijinks with Professor Dracula and Balthier, and your party is a squad of talking Pokemon, and I hate it. I want to love it, and I want it to succeed at what it's doing, but what can I do when it goes out of its way to throw away the gravity it needs?

I will say, one lesson that a lot of other games could stand to learn from it is that you can take the world's most boring "knight and princess" setup and just make them both women, and it's immediately really different and interesting. You'd think that this long, dark era of moe would see more experimentation with things like that, but people just keep making more games about straight dudes! Why? If it's pretty girls you like, isn't it better if there's more of them? I don't understand!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

FractalSandwich posted:

I will say, one lesson that a lot of other games could stand to learn from it is that you can take the world's most boring "knight and princess" setup and just make them both women, and it's immediately really different and interesting. You'd think that this long, dark era of moe would see more experimentation with things like that, but people just keep making more games about straight dudes! Why? If it's pretty girls you like, isn't it better if there's more of them? I don't understand!

At the cost of being a loving depressing cynic: because it'd be a lesbian couple and them dirty gays are icky*; just think of the hatred Gone Home attracted just by daring to exist.

*horrible troglodyte opinion not shared by poster Omobono

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I shouldn't have said "straight", because that's kind of a distraction from what I mean - it doesn't have to be remotely romantic to be different and interesting. It's incredibly rare for the main relationship in a game to be about two women at all, whether it's in their capacity as friends, or as a hero and a villain, or anything else. Ar Nosurge comes closer than most, actually.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Omobono posted:

At the cost of being a loving depressing cynic: because it'd be a lesbian couple and them dirty gays are icky*; just think of the hatred Gone Home attracted just by daring to exist.

*horrible troglodyte opinion not shared by poster Omobono

Though with Azure it's a case where you could do a find->replace on "friendship" to "love" and the dialogue would make more sense.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I mean they're being as subtle as a loving brick to the forehead when the love interest in question literally has the word "Lily" in their name.

I haven't worked up the will to spend an hour fighting the last boss of Ar Nosurge again, but I'll try to have this wrapped up this week.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feinne posted:

I mean they're being as subtle as a loving brick to the forehead when the love interest in question literally has the word "Lily" in their name.

Which makes me question why they don't just go all the way and say it. I always hear that subtext sells, explicit stuff doesn't, but when you're at that level, would there really be any consequence to stepping over the line you're toeing?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I haven't finished the game yet, so maybe they pull back on it later, but right now it seems pretty overt to me. You can ask "Have they boned or not? Y/N (Circle One)", but does the answer even matter?

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Motto posted:

Though with Azure it's a case where you could do a find->replace on "friendship" to "love" and the dialogue would make more sense.

It is always REALLY JARRING when Lilysse or Arnice says something about being "friends". Like...I realize it's kind of a trope in Japanese media but they really are super overt and I'm not sure it even counts as subtext. It almost makes more sense if they're making fun of calling it a "friendship", but like, I highly doubt they're being that self aware.

Also I totally agree that Professor Alucard and Lloyd make the game significantly worse. Chris at least is totally ok though, and sadly I have not seen enough of her yet.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I like Chris. Arnice doesn't spend every second they're on screen together reacting to her and pointing out how wacky she is. She's funny, but she's not a joke.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I've been a bit sidetracked between Dark Souls 3 and recording stuff to help wdarkk but I still plan on getting this recorded and wrapped in the next few days or so. I'll be traveling the last week of the month, I'm tentatively hoping to record for a new thread before I leave and have it ready for when I return.

And Chris is pretty great when you get to the postgame and find out more about her.

EDIT: AR NOSURGE MISSION ACCOMPLISHED Ion's ending is recorded. And not the dumb ending that shouldn't have existed. I'm not fighting the loving Soreil a third time so you'll just have to imagine the dumber ending that is possible if you have the Reincarnation.

Update probably Saturday, I need to write stuff for Xillia first and I've killed every boss I've seen in DS3 so there's exciting new ways to get loving bodied now.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 15, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, all your talk about Nights of Azure being longer than it pretends to be turned into a secret double reverse fake-out. You tricked me into thinking the actual final boss was a fake final boss. I unironically love that the ending has the balls to not only be ambiguous, but also simultaneously give the player a giant middle finger and say "See you in the sequel, fucker!".

I took a shot at the first postgame boss and got demolished, so I guess I'll go farm some blood to pick up the last few levels and build a Nightmare Form team.

e: Also, did you get the PM I sent you, Feinne? (Don't talk about it in the thread, it's very secret!)

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 15, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'll check my pms here.

So bad news my main laptop died. I might still get this update out today because I do have a computer I can work from but it'll probably be tomorrow.

EDIT: Logic board was defective, 3-5 business days on the repair so yeah I'll just do it on my auxiliary laptop. That's the one I used to do updates on anyway so it's no biggie, update should be tomorrow ending the LP.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 16, 2016

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Feinne posted:

I'll check my pms here.

So bad news my main laptop died. I might still get this update out today because I do have a computer I can work from but it'll probably be tomorrow.

EDIT: Logic board was defective, 3-5 business days on the repair so yeah I'll just do it on my auxiliary laptop. That's the one I used to do updates on anyway so it's no biggie, update should be tomorrow ending the LP.

Don't get soulnapped into a faraway universe where you're put into the ruling heir's body and you have to administrate a civilization full of fashion disasters and tsunderes for 5000 years!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The LP Curse claims another victim.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I've got everything set up to get screens and get this final update out in the next couple of days, my old laptop's just really lovely so it's a bit of a different workflow.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I finished Nights of Azure, then. I haven't messed with the Arena much, and I've only done a few floors of the bonus dungeon, because it's really hard and seems tuned around farming the early floors for equipment drops, which I'm not really interested in, but other than that I've done everything. I've already talked about some things that I consider pretty serious flaws, but it didn't develop any more flaws after that, so all the things I have left to say are good. For one, there are no boob jokes in the whole game! You did it, Gust! I'm so proud of you!

Apart from that, I found the other ending. I thought there might be a second one since the first basically ends with Dr. Robotnik juggling the Chaos Emeralds, and I was right, but both of them ask all the same questions, and the "true" ending still doesn't answer the interesting ones. I tend to really dislike true endings as a thing, but as far as true endings go, this one gets an A+ from me. Likewise, when you said that you learn more about Chris in the postgame, Feinne, I was afraid it would tell me too much and she'd stop being interesting, but actually the most mysterious thing about her is still mysterious. I tend to really dislike cutesy little demon girls as a thing, but as far as cutesy little demon girls go, this one gets an A+ from me.

Surprisingly good game. I highly recommend it.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Oh, looks like everyone’s back. Unless I’m still hallucinating, which is a distinct possibility because I’m confident Croix’s not a giant spider.
I can assure you he is not a giant spider, but yes they are home.
Oh good, I think I’m about to pass out so that’s a piece of comorting information.
Do I want to know?
No. Anyway kids, it turns out there’s one more bit to the story, because things might have ended differently.

Feinne’s Notes:
We’re going to see Ion’s version of the ending. It doesn’t start changing until we choose to fight Prim with Ion and Earthes’ party, and it doesn’t change the fights with the Soreil (they’re still Delta/Cass followed by Earthes/Ion). Let’s just jump right to the first variable part, which is the person controlling Prim being a HUGE rear end in a top hat.

Oh, this is that story they were always on about? The one you got from Shurelia?
Yeah. So, Earthes might have decided to fight Prim himself.

Video- Ion Final Lead In

Watch

Oh, you’re gonna fight me? Seems a little direct. You think you’re some kind of hero?
Or is this because you like Ion?
No matter how hard you try, there’s no other way to get her back to your world.
Or are you planning to continue your little relationship through a screen forever?
Wow, just thinking about that makes me kinda sad.
Well, it would be bad if I didn’t get Ulyliyha back.
I’d miss out on that sweet bonus.
Oh, fun fact: I chose Prim as my character because she totally looks like my type.
I’ve spent a lot of time leveling her so it would suck to lose her, but I can always make another one.

What?
I’ll never forgive you.

So did that change anything? I don’t see how it could have though, how would it possibly matter?
You’d think that but I guess the other world took that choice as a sign or something. Though it didn’t actually change anything until a lot later.

Feinne’s Notes:
Things go the same (assuming we have a reincarnation, if we don’t then this scene also won’t happen actually) up until we reach the point where Ion and Nelo are going to cut themselves off from their home dimension.

Video- Ion’s Ending

Watch

You really don’t need to thank us. We already promised we’ll do this.
Are you sure about this? The Seven wove the song you requested Ionasal, but…
Once you sing it, the power connecting you to your home dimension will be cut off.
Nelo won’t be able to use Oversight, and you won’t be able to communicate with Earthes.
We have to ask you one more time… Are you really sure?
Yes. We are.
You can’t!
…Prim?
Prim and Nelo have been friends for a long time. I know she’s lying!
Prim…
You should go home, Nelo. That’s what you really want…
We know that, but there isn’t really any way for her to go home…
…Yeah, there is.
What?!
Prim knows how.
Wait, are you serious?!
Yeah. While Prim was connected to Interdimend, Prim heard the person over there talking.

That sounds super contrived.
Oh for sure.
And heart of the universe? Is that even a thing?
Probably, but that doesn’t change that this is an awkward thing to spring on everyone.

Seriously…? Wait, but if that’s true, then why didn’t they try and use it?
It takes a long time, and the Soreil wouldn’t make it there. The Maternal Overseer would have destroyed it.
And with no Maternal Overseer, then there’s a chance we could make it to the center of the universe.

/Ion, come back to Earth!

Feinne’s Notes:
This choice also impacts the ending, if we encourage Ion to return to Earth here she and Nelo and Prim head to the center of the universe and you get cut off with them attempting to return home. That is 100% of the ending that I’m not fighting the Soreil again for and I think it’s pretty dumb honestly so I prefer this ending.

They decided to stay.

I…I’ll stay. I want to stay here.
Nelo!
It’s okay, Prim. I really do want to stay here.
I don’t think I could stand to be separated from you, or Cass, or anyone else…
Nelo! Prim won’t ever leave you!
Yes, we’ll always be friends.
Are you really sure about this? You’ll never be able to go home.
It’s alright.
I’m fine with that too. I’ve made my decision.
Our powers created some miracles here…
But they created even more disasters.
This world has accepted us. We can live here without those powers.
That’s why we’ve chosen to live here, with you.
Through this song.
I understand.
…Thank you, all of you, for opening your arms to us.
We hope to always be worthy of that generosity.
We’re happy to be here with you…
We’re happy to have you! Welcome to our world!

That just left Ion to say goodbye.

Um… Sarly says she thinks it’s going to cut out soon.
…But if you just disappeared all of a sudden, I don’t think I could take it.
So I decided I should say my farewells, and then cut the connection myself.
I’m sorry if that seems selfish.
Um…I’m really glad I got to know you.
I was alone for so long, but with you around, I didn’t feel that lonely.
Like, right now I feel calmer just talking to you.
I… It’s hard to believe our connection is about to be cut.
You have friends here, they’ll make you happy./I’ll always be watching over you.
You’re right… I DO have friends. I’m sure I can still be happy here.
Alright! I’m feeling excited!
I’m sure there are lots of happy times ahead!
I can do this!

I’m sorry…

Though when she got to the point of actually having to do so she clutched.

I don’t want you to go away! If you’re not here, I’ll…I’ll be all alone again…
You aren’t alone, Ion.
…!
I’m sorry… I wanted to stay with you forever… I’m so sorry…
I’ll go to your world some time, I promise!
I know we’ll see each other again some day!
So…until we do…goodbye.
…He he.
We should say goodbye with a smile, right? Thank you for everything!
For always being there for me!
I love you!

And that’s the story. Hmm? ANOTHER one?
Weren’t you just finishing a new one up?
Heh, okay, well then sit down. I’m going to tell you a story about a young prince who finds himself with an unexpected new family relation…

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
So...that's the LP? Congratulations on finishing!

Also, you're a masochist for playing so many games with so much grinding, so often. I'd rather beat my head against a cheap-rear end boss in Dark Souls than deal with all that crap.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

thetruegentleman posted:

So...that's the LP? Congratulations on finishing!

Also, you're a masochist for playing so many games with so much grinding, so often. I'd rather beat my head against a cheap-rear end boss in Dark Souls than deal with all that crap.

That thing you are describing is in fact what I've been doing instead of updating the past week. I've actually almost finished DS3, I've got like one optional area left and then the last couple mandatory bosses.

This isn't actually a very grindy game except for very, very early on where you might want some DP to do an early Dive. Remember that you basically only get one random encounter in any given area if you do it right (a long one but still, one). The game gives you way more money and DP than you'd ever need for anything by the end, the earlier games in the series are much more harsh on resources honestly.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is that comment at the end a reference to Disgaea D2?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

It is in fact a reference to that thing, which I really hope to try and get a bit of recorded before I have to travel for work next week so I can start something with it for May.

EDIT: I'd still almost consider trying to get my vita capture setup all set up for Demon Gaze if Stranger of the Sword City weren't coming out next week, no way am I going to try and play two dungeon crawlers at the same time. So you'll just have to wait to see chainsaw dragon ladies and medical mermaids.

I'm also hoping my computer's back tomorrow, should have been yesterday but Apple doesn't like giving you things back that still have unrepaired issues (the keyboard's funny which is annoying but I've got an external one so it's not crucial). I had to talk them down out of shipping it for a proper repair on the grounds that it absolutely has to be back in my hands by end of the day Saturday or I'll be traveling across the loving country without the ability to work on Sunday but they still insisted on wanting to replace a thing and it didn't impact the original stated repair timeline so whatever.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 21, 2016

Elmina
Jun 7, 2007

Lemon Pie
Ahhh it's done! Thanks, Feinne!

Fun thing with the ending song if you go for Ion's true ending of going back home with Nelo: it's sung in REON, Japanese, and then it ends up fading into Ar Cielan. Just that one last connection to the Ar tonelico games beyond Shurelia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

It is in fact a reference to that thing, which I really hope to try and get a bit of recorded before I have to travel for work next week so I can start something with it for May.
Speaking of which, if what I've shown you so far is satisfactory, I can probably get you all the rest of "the documents" before the thread even launches.

• Locked thread