Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I would have put it down as him lowering the Barrier to save people trapped outside, but he doesn't even remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Deep in hostile territory and being tracked. This can't end well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's always tough to balance and judge side content.

For me in this case, the attraction is more in the side content than the main plot, so I don't really have a call to make here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We started out this game with Cass and her organization knowing or at least highly suspecting that Delta had been compromised.

I guess she just didn't want to accept it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how much time will have passed when we get back to Delta. A world doesn't seem like a thing that appears overnight.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
On a scale from 1 to Tucker's Kobolds, how much of a trap is Kanon setting up for Ion right now?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Furonaga's Ambition". I have to admit, I laughed a little. Make the corners of your bath different colors, and then unite them all!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So why isn't everyone who lives outside the city immediately running for the Barrier, if Sharl are snatching them up?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, I have to admit. The most cluttered purse in the world is an excellent explanation for a shared inventory.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is this some kind of Buddhist thing where eventually the human souls in the planet will be reborn into human bodies, or are they just kind of frozen there forever?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hope the protag teams get broken up and mixed at some point. Mostly because I want to see Earthes snarkin' around with Casty.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like this new conceit for Dives, really. The best ones from previous games were full of multi-character interaction.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. This was kind of... straightforward for a dive, really.

Poor Kanon, though. How long has she not been alone?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

megamariox posted:

The transformation of a normal star into a red giant is a part of the stars life cycle the problem with bezel is that it happened way ahead of schedule because of Ion and Nelo.

And this is where Cosel gets a little sympathy from me at least. Dude has to see humans in a new light because they literally blew up the sun and destroyed the world.

Heh. Maybe he was just getting rid of all the people who understood Wave Science?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think the thing with the Ar-series combat system is that every game's got a slightly different explanation between how people fight, and somehow that translates to an altered combat system.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah yeah, good old Merciless Detergent.

I actually kind of feel for Kanon. She just seems so... nostalgic. In the pain kind of sense.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, uh, that's how random encounters work? You fight 20 waves of dudes and that's all your random encounters for the zone, instead of having 20 individual ones?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I really wonder. Does Prim recognize what she's doing as killing people, or is she just turning them into a new 8th dimensional form?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
But if you're an 8th-dimensional intelligence, how can you go home? Or is it just that in a higher dimension you're already there?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A game that really plays with the player might be interesting.

....though if they're pushing that angle, I wonder why they didn't use a system text entry dialog to put in the passcode.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, of course she snapped. It's level 1. We can't just resolve everything right now, can we?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You know, there's a Sharl following you around, Delta.

Or is Prim, like, more Sharl than Sharl or something like that?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Genom seem to be really curious, almost childlike. It's no wonder humanity exploited the poo poo out of them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to how the hell Ion manages to pull everyone back from this disaster.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that's a really beautiful platform for something that's just a power switch.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hear if you shut down the console for 24 hours at this point, when you boot up next you'll see the tail end of the closing credits.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And then once they take control of the ship they'll... route power back to the Flask Sea, even with people getting pulled out of it all the time?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's an old lesson to learn, but it's always a painful one: when you're living for someone else's happiness, make sure to actually reach out to that someone else and not the impossible version of them that lives in your head.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"My Boyfriend Proposed To Me But I'm Actually A Clone": anime, or most anime?

What's our count on worlds destroyed/worlds visited so far, anyway? Seems like it must be at least 50%.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Trapped in a world with enough vaccine for only one person.

...wait, isn't Miss Pandemi a person?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In one sense I love how casual the Sharl are being about this whole thing. To us it's this big apocalyptic event that endangers all remaining humanity, and to them it's like that one embarrassing thing that happened to Aunt Margaret three eons ago.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's big of you to admit when you're in the wrong. Well done that little lion man. Perhaps one day he'll be what is in his heart.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 24, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. So with pretty much everybody BUT Prim all rolled into the Maternal Overseer, what is Prim's "player" objective right now?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think that given how things are with Delta, they could have bullshit something a little better with the shared inventory. Like, it has to be something Delta puts in or whatever.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do think one of the things they lose with this system is that sense of personal progression you got from following one Cosmosphere for as many entries as it had. This feels like it's a grand finale for Cass, but at the same time it doesn't seem like a lot happened.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was going to make a crack about debris shields, but I suppose space debris continues to move even if the colony ship secretly isn't.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A tiny world, trapped in a vice.

CG aside, it's a pretty good realization of exactly how much Ion and Nay ended up relating to each other - by force and necessity, not by choice.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Feinne posted:

Ion's very possibly only helping save the world because she wants to feel important and special in a way she never could at home but if the world gets saved does it really matter if it was for an rear end in a top hat reason?

People do things that make them happy. Even when they're saving the world, it's not just because it's the only option left.

When you take those actions and then strip out any idea of the world needing to be saved, which is something that can happen in a Dive, what's left but selfishness?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Feinne posted:

Yeah the music is like 75% of the draw of the series. The only one of them that's legit will not suffer arguments a good game is AT2.

I mean gameplay wise this one is definitely better than Qoga. It could be way better, though (frankly by literally having AT2's systems, building a rhythm game into the combat system of a series mostly notable for its music was kinda genius).

Yeah, honestly. I thought that really worked. Have we gotten any kind of word from the developers on why they got experimental with the combat system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The thing is, if you do Ion up like that, about being betrayed by people and trying to reconnect, isn't she just kind of Cass 2.0 then?

• Locked thread